• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With pretty much the whole world against Putin, how is he going to get himself out of the mess he's created?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Not only has he started a war but his own people are starting to seriously suffer and protest against him. Will he turn against his own people with military violence like Hitler did before his downfall?

Not only has he started a war but his own people are starting to seriously suffer and protest against him. Will he turn against his own people with military violence like Hitler did before his downfall?
Hopefully some operatives we will never know the name of are already working in this answer.

Hopefully some operatives we will never know the name of are already working in this answer.
Or whatever his obvious condition is, will finally take him.

With pretty much the whole world against Putin, how is he going to get himself out of the mess he's created?

By doing what the Ukrainian Ambassador suggested at the UN this morning.

Saw that on the fake news from the lying lamestream media. I second the motion.

Well...if he shuts off all the energy fuels he sends westward, I imagine that will cause a little concern, especially if China and Iran throw in their financial support. Or instead of shutting it off he can just jack up the prices.

Abdicate the Throne.

Putin doesn’t have the level of control over the Russian military that Hitler did, his. If Putin were crazy enough to try to control the civilian populace with military force, it would be disastrous for all.

Well...if he shuts off all the energy fuels he sends westward, I imagine that will cause a little concern, especially if China and Iran throw in their financial support. Or instead of shutting it off he can just jack up the prices.
Putin is holding a losing hand. Regardless of anything China or Iran does to help.

Russian police, not Russian military forces are arresting the peaceful protestors.
I’ll bet they are interchangeable to Putin.

Potayto/potahto

The International criminal court is closely monitoring the situation with an eye toward accountability for Putin. The US refuses to join the court.

By doing what the Ukrainian Ambassador suggested at the UN this morning.

(golf clap)

Vlad didn't seem to think this invasion decision though.
Why in the world would China and Iran support Russia when they would benefit with Putin gone from power? The question for American politics is what happens to Trump if his Russian sugar daddy ends up dead or out of power and is sent to Siberia?

Last edited:
(golf clap)

Vlad didn't seem to think this invasion decision though.
It reminds me of the US's 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Maybe Putin believed disinformation about Ukraine like Team Bush did about Iraq.

Why in the world would China and Iran support Rissia when they would benefit with Putin gone from power?
Regarding China, the US - and democracy - is much their bigger enemy than Russia. Russia is much more their 'enemy of their enemy'. The Chinese government is constantly telling its people the US is their enemy. Iran is more complicated - we've given them a lot of reason to hate the US government, but the Iranian people seem to like the US people a lot.

Maybe Putin believed disinformation about Ukraine like Team Bush did about Iraq.
Team Bush didn't believe disinformation about Iraq, they created misinformation about Iraq - just as Putin created false flags about Ukraine attacking Russia.

Putin also thought he could just bully his way into taking a neighboring autonomous democratic nation.
The fat lady hasn’t warmed up yet, I fear.

It seems to me the most likely ways this ends are:

- Putin is overthrown
- Putin decided to have humiliation and withdraw, trying to extract whatever face-saving concessions he can form the west for doing so, a bit like Khrushchev's withdrawal from Cuba.
- Putin uses nuclear blackmail to try to force the west to accept concessions
- Putin unleashes his military more powerfully and gets enough of a 'victory' in Ukraine to declare victory and withdraw, leaving the west to ask how long to continue the sanctions and what the goal is
- Nuclear catastrophe

#4 seems perhaps the most likely.

I wrote a post earlier for discussion I didn't post asking, what if Putin launched one nuclear missile at an unpopulated area as a start to escalating nuclear blackmail? How would the west respond?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom