• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With millions of his constituents suffering in freezing temperatures with no power, Ted Cruz heads off to Cancun

Excast

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
In what appears to be his "Chris Christie on the beach" moment, Ted Cruz was seen flying South to Mexico as millions of the people who voted for him suffer with no electricity. Some true solidarity from Cruz, who has asked Biden to consider the Texas snowstorm a disaster in order to release funding despite numerous examples of him attempting to block similar funding for blue states.

I'll at least give him credit for having the decency not to take to conservative media and randomly start attacking green energy as his Republican colleagues in Texas have. But yeah, not a great look to be heading off on a vacation as people in your state are freezing to death. Ted Cruz has always been primary about Ted Cruz though. His needs. His career advancement. How he can twist the stories of the day to fit a narrative that is beneficial to him. So it really shouldn't be a shock to Texas voters that he bailed on them the moment things got difficult and the faux cowboy tough guy routine was replaced by some sandals and margaritas.

In what appears to be his "Chris Christie on the beach" moment, Ted Cruz was seen flying South to Mexico as millions of the people who voted for him suffer with no electricity. Some true solidarity from Cruz, who has asked Biden to consider the Texas snowstorm a disaster in order to release funding despite numerous examples of him attempting to block similar funding for blue states.

I'll at least give him credit for having the decency not to take to conservative media and randomly start attacking green energy as his Republican colleagues in Texas have. But yeah, not a great look to be heading off on a vacation as people in your state are freezing to death. Ted Cruz has always been primary about Ted Cruz though. His needs. His career advancement. How he can twist the stories of the day to fit a narrative that is beneficial to him. So it really shouldn't be a shock to Texas voters that he bailed on them the moment things got difficult and the faux cowboy tough guy routine was replaced by some sandals and margaritas.

Not a good look, with governments discouraging all non-essential travel, for a US Senator to be going to Mexico. Do you have mandatory quarantine after international travel down there?

There will no doubt be counter-examples by republicans citing hypocrisy by various Democratic leaders over the issue of covid shutdowns. And they will be right. But here's the point: indifference and incompetence are specifically features of the Republican Party. When Republicans tell you that the government is not meant to help you, they're announcing what kind of leaders they're going to be. You will, by definition, get a government that will be helpless when anything goes wrong, and you're going to get leaders who will lie or flee to Cancun at the first sign of trouble.

Yea, but Nancy Pelosi had ice cream in her freezer.

One of two scenarios in play here:

1. There is an insurrection brewing in Cancun and is doing some consulting.

2. Ted is working on a plan to temporarily house 25 million Texan’s in resort suites in Cancun till it warms up in Texas. He is there confirming adequate rooms and negotiating a good rate.

In the mean time..

Well that's a little bit indifferent isn't it. How does someone so horrible get elected?
his competitors were worse.

But evidence for this is actually very scant. Maybe he did but, maybe he didn't either.

MGMBRMMA2ZHFVOI6MQSEBAQU3Q.jpg

Is that Ted?

I don't know. He look a little skinny for Ted.

How about Fox News?

I know no one has ever liked the guy, but all there is is photos of a masked dude who happened to look like him.

I'll wait for further verification. Otherwise, who cares where he went?

maybe he banged a hooker. If I was a senator, i'd be doing that all day between meetings.

Did your phone's predictive text function come up with that witty retort?
I'm just saying what makes Beto so horrible. Let him help people all he wants, but i don't want that man to be senator.

I know no one has ever liked the guy, but all there is is photos of a masked dude who happened to look like him.

I'll wait for further verification. Otherwise, who cares where he went?

maybe he banged a hooker. If I was a senator, i'd be doing that all day between meetings.

LOL.. I’m guessing a lot of Texas voters care..

I'm just saying what makes Beto so horrible. Let him help people all he wants, but i don't want that man to be senator.

This is the legacy of Rush Limbaugh I talked about yesterday. Darkwizard hates Democrats so much that he would rather have a Senator who flees his state at the first sign of trouble than a guy who stays behind to work around the clock and help the people most impacted by a humanitarian disaster.

Your modern republican party.

LOL.. I’m guessing a lot of Texas voters care..
Maybe they do. It depends who his competition is ultimately, as it does every election.

Maybe democrats will run George W. Bush for Senator. He'd blow out ted out of the water to be sure, but you wouldn't gain a liberal though.

Back
Top Bottom