• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

With all respect to all nations

Volker said:
I don't see it this way. If there is a lack of responsibility in Europe, rules are needed. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Btw, the Danish newspaper person, who is responsible for it, has been send to vacation yesterday after bragging, he will do the same with other religions. The management was like, it is all too much for him.

Why shouldn't it have happened? I don't understand this sentiment? PLease explain it to me....

GarzaUK said:
Ahem Oklahoma bombing...:roll:

Radical christains call for the stoning of gays. Incitement of hatred.
Radical Christains call for beheading of cartoonists. Incitement of hatred.

Again with this pathetic PC garbage? There is a diffrence between local zealotry and global or=ganized zealotry. There is also a difference between an Practical Terrorist (McVeigh) and an Apocalyptic Terrorist (Osama Bin Ladden).

A brief list of terror groups.....

Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
Ansar al-Islam (AI)
Armed Islamic Group (GIA)
Asbat al-Ansar
Aum Shinrikyo (Aum)
Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
Communist Party of Philippines/New People’s Army (CPP/NPA)
Continuity Irish Republican Army (CIRA)
Gama’a al-Islamiyya (IG)
HAMAS
Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)
Hizballah
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM)
Jemaah Islamiya Organization (JI)
Al-Jihad (AJ)
Kahane Chai (Kach)
Kongra-Gel (KGK)
Lashkar e-Tayyiba (LT)
Lashkar i Jhangvi (LJ)
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG)
Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK)
National Liberation Army (ELN)
Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC)
Al-Qa’ida
Real IRA (RIRA)
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)
Revolutionary Nuclei (RN)
Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C)
Salafist Group for Call and Combat (GSPC)
Shining Path (SL)
Tanzim Qa’idat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn (QJBR)
United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (AUC)

For a brief listing of their works...

1) 1972 Olympics hostage taking of 13 Isreali athletes
2) 1974 attack on an Israeli high school leaving 26 dead
3) 1974 TWA flight bombing killing 88.
4) 1975 Air France plane skyjacked. Israeli special forces rescue all but 3 hostages.
5) 1979 Tehran American Embassy attacked and 66 American hostages held.
6) 1979 Mosque in Mecca seized and 100s of hostages taken. Saudi and French military retake Mosque at a high price.
7) 1979 skyjacking and kidnapping of 66 Americans
8) 1980 Train Station bombing in Italy leaves 80 dead.
9) 1983 Embassy bombing in Beirut kills 63
10) 1983 Gulf Air Flight bombed killing 117.
11) 1983 Beirut Marine Bombing killed 241 Marines and a similar attack on a French barracks killing 58.
12) 1985 TWA Flight skyjacked and 153 civillians held hostage. One U.S. Sailor murdered.
13) 1985 Soviet Diplomats kidnapped and one is killed by Sunni Terrorists.
15) 1985 Egypt Air Flight skyjacked. 60 dead in rescue attempt.
16) 1985 Air India bombed killing 329.
17) 1985 Air Canada Aircraft bombed on the ground killing two in Japan.
18) 1985 Two seperate attacks in two seperate airports in Italy kills 16 total.
19) 1986 TWA bombing by Palestinians blow a hole in the cabin and 4 Americans are sucked out during the flight including one infant.
20) 1986 German Discotheque in Berlin bombed killing 3 U.S. servicemen and 230 others. America bombs Qadhafi in response.
21) 1986 Pan Am Flight hijacked. Terrorist open fire and kill 22 passengers.
22) 1987 North Korean Operatives plant a bomb on Korean Air Flight killing 115.
23) 1987 Barcelona Bar bombed killing 1 service man.
24) 1987 USO in Naples bombed killing 1 service man.
25) 1988 Pan Am Flight bombed killing 259 over Scotland.
26) 1989 UTA Flight bombed killing 170.
27) 1992 Israeli Embassy bombed killing 29.
28) 1993 World Trade Center in New York bombed killing 6 and wounding more than a thousand.
29) 1993 U.S. Army ambushed by Al-Qaeda during Peace Keeping Mission in Somalia.
30) 1994 Jewish Center bombed killing 86.
31) Saudi Arabia military compound bombed killing 40.
32) 1997 Palastinian gunman open fires at the Empire State Building killing one American.
33) 1997 Four U.S. business men are killed in Pakistan.
34) 1998 Two American Embassy bombings by Al-Queda kill 301.
35) 2001 World Trade Center destroyed and Pentagon attacked by three seperate air planes killing almost 3,000 on American soil.

We'll set aside everything that has occurred since like London, Bali, Jordan, Muslims sect slaughterings by insurgents in Iraq and all of the hostage takings.

Oh wait...none of this matters because...ahem...Oklahoma Bombing.:roll:

Last edited:
They hypocricy of these riots is blatent.The USA didn't have anything to do with these cartoons yet we are being protested.The signs are often in English.The idea that these are poor devout muslims defending Islam is a lie.

Calm2Chaos said:
Why shouldn't it have happened? I don't understand this sentiment? Please explain it to me....
It's because, religious and moral feelings should be protected against insults.
If media people are responsible enough to respect it, fine.
If they are not, rules are needed.

JOHNYJ said:
They hypocricy of these riots is blatent.The USA didn't have anything to do with these cartoons yet we are being protested.The signs are often in English.The idea that these are poor devout muslims defending Islam is a lie.

Hence what I have said in the past. "Some people will flock to the extremists camp no matter what we do."

People are quick to jump on anything that will cast blame on teir own government..... "9/11 was America's fault because of our foreign policy." "Our government created Bin Ladden." "The London bombing was America's fault because we are in Iraq." "The bombing in Jordan was America's fault because of our friendhip with the Jordanian King."

For the people that still subscribe to this nonesense, consider these facts....America has given the Palestinian people more financial aid than any other country, including Muslim ones. America was there and is still there in Pakistan and India helping them with their recent natural disaster. America offerred a refused helping hand to Iran after their natural disaster with no strings attached. America defended Muslims in Saudi and in Kuwait from Saddam Hussein and after repelling him we gave Kuwait back to the Muslims. America rid the Middle East of Saddam Hussein and now the Iraqi people have a chance at a free democracy.

None of this matters to them. We are "satanic" and "evil." We are "infidels." We are good enough to act as their crutch when they need it and we are good enough to be blamed for everyone of their failures.

Guess what people....these cartoons should prove that some people will flock to the extremists camp no matter what we do. After sifting through the bull shiit and smoke screens we are left with a failing civilization that refuses to progress. The best chance the Muslim world has is on the fringes of Arab influence and in North America.

Volker said:

You mean "appeasements" are needed. It truly is a superhuman artform for the Europeans.

Volker said:

Then I think there should be rules against my personal feelings being attacked or offended in some way. Why is a church I am not part of more important then I am.

Since you obviously already believe in censorship then it shouldn't be a problem muting the press of everything accept completely non offensive personal or bias news stories. Sound like a plan?

GySgt said:
You mean "appeasements" are needed. It truly is a superhuman artform for the Europeans.

Kind of why there in the prediciment that there in now wouldn't you say....

Calm2Chaos said:
Kind of why there in the prediciment that there in now wouldn't you say....

Yes I would. It's the same predicament that walked them quite peaceably into a World War and the same sentiment that allowed ethnic cleansing to run unabated right in their own backyard.

GySgt said:
Well, the rules we have, are older, they are from the early seventies.
At this time there was no protest background.
But, yes, in this situation I think, appeasement would be helpful.

Calm2Chaos said:
Then I think there should be rules against my personal feelings being attacked or offended in some way. Why is a church I am not part of more important then I am.

Since you obviously already believe in censorship then it shouldn't be a problem muting the press of everything accept completely non offensive personal or bias news stories. Sound like a plan?
Yes, it's important to find a way to have it work in practice.
If the Press Council gets like 500 complaints a day, it will not work.
If the press only write things, which everyone feels fine with, when we all would be uninformed sooner or later.
There is a lot of room between.

Volker said:
Well, the rules we have, are older, they are from the early seventies.
At this time there was no protest background.
But, yes, in this situation I think, appeasement would be helpful.

Where does "appeasement" end? Your whole free and unstructured lifestyle conflicts with their religious restrictions. Don't get me wrong, I hate the press and the media. But I do not subscribe to the notion that an entire Western world must restrict their hard earned and developed freedoms in any capacity to suit the needs of another civilization that has chosen the past over the future.

Volker said:
Yes, it's important to find a way to have it work in practice.
If the Press Council gets like 500 complaints a day, it will not work.
If the press only write things, which everyone feels fine with, when we all would be uninformed sooner or later.
There is a lot of room between.

WRONG WRONG WRONG FU CKIN WRONG WRONG WRONG !!!!!

FOR FU CK SAKE........... There is no room, and thats your problem. Your cowtowing to a specific group. If your going to do that you better be prepared to appease everyone or your again going to have riots on your hands. How the hel can't you see that. You give muslims special exemptions ten someone else with a beef will tear up a few towns so they get the exemption. For fu ck sake stand up and do something about it. Don't sit back whimper and give them what they want. If you do that then why don't you just hand over your country to them and go move someplace... But not here.. We have enough appeasement attitudes withour own liberals...

How can you be so willing to always roll over and show your belly. You give in to them and you will be doing so for the rest of time. And then comes every other group that wants something. They know that if they riot a little you won't do anything and will give them what they want.. It worked once

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Where does "appeasement" end? Your whole free and unstructured lifestyle conflicts with their religious restrictions. Don't get me wrong, I hate the press and the media. But I do not subscribe to the notion that an entire Western world must restrict their hard earned and developed freedoms in any capacity to suit the needs of another civilization that has chosen the past over the future.
I don't subscribe to this notion either. I don't see my freedom seriously restricted, if a can not look at some tasteless caricatures.

Calm2Chaos said:
You give muslims special exemptions
Well, German Press Code was developed in the seventies, I don't think, it was made to please a special group. European things are in development, and if something goes wrong, we should think about, how we can do it better next time.

Volker said:
I don't subscribe to this notion either. I don't see my freedom seriously restricted, if a can not look at some tasteless caricatures.

Religion should never interfere with government or on other people's lifestyles.

Being a Marine, I absolutely despise our media and our press. Especially when they go out of their way to publish erronous or exxagerated stories to sell papers. Recently a cartoon was printed that made light of a "soldier" that was wounded during combat. My first reaction was anger and disgust. It was not to pillage, burn, riot, and murder. If it were, I would be arrested and convicted in a civilized Western world for any said conduct.

We have created this world out of the recognization that religions change and they must change to suit the needs of the society to progress. The nations of Europe and the America's have progressed. The nations in the Orient have progressed. The Muslim world is stagnate and we should not bend our lifestyle to suit their needs. I assure you that cartoons is not the only thing they view as disrespectful or "satanic" to their religious needs. Their Radical Element is killing us to defend their beliefs. Sacrificing some of our rights to appease an enemy that wants us dead no matter what is not tactically sound.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
My first reaction was anger and disgust. It was not to pillage, burn, riot, and murder. If it were, I would be arrested and convicted in a civilized Western world for any said conduct.
So, if this caricature you saw leads to disgust and anger and probably helps no one to be better informed, why should it be allowed to be printed?
As to the riots, they are not ok. But don't you think, that someone, who burns, riots or murders during these protests gets arrested and convicted in ME countries, too?

GySgt said:
The Muslim world is stagnate and we should not bend our lifestyle to suit their needs.
We should not bend our lifestyle to suit their needs, but we should respect their lifestyle.

Volker said:
So, if this caricature you saw leads to disgust and anger and probably helps no one to be better informed, why should it be allowed to be printed?

Because, who decides what should and should not be printed? I find making fun of wounded "soldiers" offensive. Should the Western world alter their freedoms and laws to fit my sensitivities? Others don't like to see Christ as a joke. Others don't like to see Buddha as a joke. There are others that don't like to read opinionated columns about what they do not agree with. If the Muslim world wants to be treated as equals, they should act the part.

Volker said:
As to the riots, they are not ok. But don't you think, that someone, who burns, riots or murders during these protests gets arrested and convicted in ME countries, too?

No. Generally, they do not. Why do you think we bombed a Pakistani household to get some Al-Queda agents without Pakistani involvement? These governments may not agree with the actions of their Radical element, but they also know enough to look the other way. The Bali bombings in Indonesia were a perfect example of a government pretending that their Radical Element is under control. Until discos were bombed and it became the focus of global attention, they allowed they went out of their way to not antagonize them. In the same manner, we should not alter our freedoms of press because we are afraid of antagonizing them. We control our freedoms, not them.

Volker said:
We should not bend our lifestyle to suit their needs, but we should respect their lifestyle.

They are not asking for respect. They are asking the Western world to adhere to their beliefs. Their lifestyle is precisely why they have been left behind by history and why they are resorting to terror. It's they that do not have any respect for themselves.

Volker said:
Well, German Press Code was developed in the seventies, I don't think, it was made to please a special group. European things are in development, and if something goes wrong, we should think about, how we can do it better next time.

SO you better fold for everyone. BEcause as soon aas you do this what about the next group that riot to gtet what they want... what do you do then. YOU going to cave in to there demands also....I really want to know what you plans are for the next group that does this...................................

Originally Posted by Peaceful Muslim
and second of all i wanna tell you one fact .. Even us muslims, are not allowed to draw pictures for our prophet even if you see all of our movies revolving around his time you will never find an actor playing his role..

Not true at all.
Here is a painting.

http://www.iran-daily.com/1384/2289/html/art.htm

TEHRAN, May 31--Me'raj, the ascension of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) to heaven, is one of paintings by the great Iranian artist Soltan Mohammad.
Painted in 946 AH, the work illustrates Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) ascension to heaven based on a narration from the holy Qur'an.
According to a verse from holy Qur'an, the prophet accompanied by angels went to the sublime world while his spirit had not departed from his body. Almighty God had assigned Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to observe the secrets of the universe from a lofty position in the sky.

GySgt said:
Because, who decides what should and should not be printed?
We have a Press Council, it's from media companies and journalist associations.

GySgt said:
I find making fun of wounded "soldiers" offensive. Should the Western world alter their freedoms and laws to fit my sensitivities? Others don't like to see Christ as a joke. Others don't like to see Buddha as a joke. There are others that don't like to read opinionated columns about what they do not agree with. If the Muslim world wants to be treated as equals, they should act the part.
I don't know about the Western world, but we already have this rule and Muslims are treated as equals.

Calm2Chaos said:
SO you better fold for everyone. BEcause as soon aas you do this what about the next group that riot to gtet what they want... what do you do then. YOU going to cave in to there demands also....I really want to know what you plans are for the next group that does this...................................
This depends on what they want.

The funny thing about those that have caved in to the Muslim thugs is that they are " Liberal " Newspapers.The New YorkTimes the No#1 Liberal paper in America has caved to a bunch of muslim thugs. While they continue to print pictures insulting to christianity they dont have the guts when it comes to Islam. These liberal papers are the first ones to complain about any kind of censorship,now fold to a bunch of barbarians.

Back
Top Bottom