• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wishful thinking: FOX kills off RBG

“Technical error”

:eek:

Technical error?

Do they think everyone is as stupid as the people who watch that show - including Trump?

Actually Tres, I think the people who run FOX NEWS are counting on it.

Technical error?

Do they think everyone is as stupid as the people who watch that show - including Trump?

Virtually all media outlets have prepackaged segments ready for the death of high ranking government officials of advanced age.

The BBC keeps black suits and armbands just behind the studio for anchors to be ready to announce the Queen’s passing and premise segments ready for example, this has been reported on. So for any older government official there probably are title graphics and scripts ready

Virtually all media outlets have prepackaged segments ready for the death of high ranking government officials of advanced age.

The BBC keeps black suits and armbands just behind the studio for anchors to be ready to announce the Queen’s passing and premise segments ready for example, this has been reported on. So for any older government official there probably are title graphics and scripts ready

Fascinating. And the last time the BBC put up a picture of Queen Elizabeth with her year of birth and death was......when?

Fascinating. And the last time the BBC put up a picture of Queen Elizabeth with her year of birth and death was......when?

It doesn’t matter, it is absolutely possible for such an error to occur. I’ve seen local news stations put out election results that don’t exist because they were testing their system, misidentify guests, etc. I don’t even know to what end you would purposefully put up a premade title card for covering a death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every media outlet has a RBG package ready to go. I was watching this morning-actually rewinding to catch up when I saw this flash across the screen. It was shown right before a segment and the woman anchoring the subsequent interview-you could tell she was not able to really focus. After they came back from commercial break, they apologized.
Frankly, given how the "Smirking MAGA Teen" story has folded like a cheap suit today, I'm surprise the MSM didn't feign outrage over this sooner.

FOX News favorite show of Trump - Fox and Friends, killed off Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg today.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-fri...l-graphic-saying-ruth-bader-ginsburg-is-dead/

I guess if you wish for something hard enough and long enough you just might see your dreams come true.... some day.

Oh, stop. It was a mistake. And Mediate explains how it happened:

So how did this package make air? Someone familiar with the details of the mistake tells Mediaite, “The graphics team incorrectly assigned the obit to a Nexio number that was designated for an existing Fox & Friends animation Trouble with Schools.” Nexio is a digital communications and technology platform that many television control rooms use to manage visual assets and graphics packages.

Mediaite’s source tells us “The Technical Director dialed up that existing number expecting it to be the Fox & Friends animation and when he triggered it, the wrong animation ran on air.”

So there you have it. This mistake was not the result of Fox & Friends opinion programming, nor was it some sort of wishful thinking as some on social media have unfairly claimed. It was a technical gaffe that landed on Fox News morning show, who handled the mistake as quickly and gracefully as one could expect. https://www.mediaite.com/tv/heres-h...uth-bader-ginsburg-with-an-ill-fated-graphic/

Im sure it was a technical error as there no upside for them to have done it on purpose. But haven’t they had a lot of those types of technical errors over the years?

It doesn’t matter, it is absolutely possible for such an error to occur. I’ve seen local news stations put out election results that don’t exist because they were testing their system, misidentify guests, etc. I don’t even know to what end you would purposefully put up a premade title card for covering a death.

The last time you saw a major news network announce the death of someone famous without that person being dead was.....when?

And is Fox that backwards that they need to create the graphic with a name, a picture, and dates before she is even dead? I assume they have had to do this for every famous person. That must be a full time job.

Oh, stop. It was a mistake. And Mediate explains how it happened:

So how did this package make air? Someone familiar with the details of the mistake tells Mediaite, “The graphics team incorrectly assigned the obit to a Nexio number that was designated for an existing Fox & Friends animation Trouble with Schools.” Nexio is a digital communications and technology platform that many television control rooms use to manage visual assets and graphics packages.

Mediaite’s source tells us “The Technical Director dialed up that existing number expecting it to be the Fox & Friends animation and when he triggered it, the wrong animation ran on air.”

So there you have it. This mistake was not the result of Fox & Friends opinion programming, nor was it some sort of wishful thinking as some on social media have unfairly claimed. It was a technical gaffe that landed on Fox News morning show, who handled the mistake as quickly and gracefully as one could expect. https://www.mediaite.com/tv/heres-h...uth-bader-ginsburg-with-an-ill-fated-graphic/

And you know, assuming something like that happened is what a clear, rational head would default to.

But we don't live in an era of clear heads.

The last time you saw a major news network announce the death of someone famous without that person being dead was.....when?

And is Fox that backwards that they need to create the graphic with a name, a picture, and dates before she is even dead? I assume they have had to do this for every famous person. That must be a full time job.

yup - just a technical glitch ... nothing to see here .... move along, move along......

For the ones who are 85? Uh.... yeah they have these things called producers

Im sure it was a technical error as there no upside for them to have done it on purpose. But haven’t they had a lot of those types of technical errors over the years?

I can't remember the last time they put up a graphic used to announce someone's death prior to that person dying. Not even them.

A technical error doesn't usually involve someone making a death graphic. It's usually a feed gone wrong, a prompter showing one too many zeros, or something else. This wasn't a technical error. This was just stupid or creepy.

For the ones who are 85? Uh.... yeah they have these things called producers

So please post something so I can confirm that they have a whole set of teed up death graphics for everyone over 85. Because I mean, they are so hard to make. Get a picture, add in some dates and the name. That must take all of 10 seconds. Have to be prepared.

What other people have they done this for? Again, I'd like proof that this is standard procedure for them (because they can't do it in that important 10 second interval when they receive the news, obviously). Link, not your supposition.

I can't remember the last time they put up a graphic used to announce someone's death prior to that person dying. Not even them.

A technical error doesn't usually involve someone making a death graphic. It's usually a feed gone wrong, a prompter showing one too many zeros, or something else. This wasn't a technical error. This was just stupid or creepy.

C7FD83C0-6102-47B2-9203-5A7DDDB70D9C.jpeg

That is very true. Writing obituaries in advance for celebrities is standard procedure at newspapers.

Cued up and ready to go.

This isn't too far fetched.

Now now, you don't get to use any little mistake just about always corrected very quickly to attack the entire left-leaning media, then turn around and defend this by saying it's a mere technical error when Fox flubs it. That would be hypocrisy, and hypocrisy is bad.

So if you want to be honest, you now have to write an angry word salad about how evil Fox is. That would be wrong, but at least it would be an honest consistent application of that wrong principle, rather than a dishonest and inconsistent application of the wrong principle.

I mean, or you could avoid being honest and wrong by being honest and right. To do that, you must turn around and attack your fellow conservatives every time they try to use a soon-corrected error by one part of left-leaning media to attack all left-leaning media.

Surprise me.

That is very true. Writing obituaries in advance for celebrities is standard procedure at newspapers.

This wasn't an obituary. And Fox and Friends isn't a newspaper.

We wrote my mother's obit before she died. We didn't give it to the newspaper until she was actually dead.

"CNN blamed human error Thursday for exposing obituary mock-ups that its Web site's designers had prepared for Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope and other prominent figures.
The mock-ups had been on a development site meant for internal review. But the public briefly had access to them after the password protection got disabled.

CNN was investigating the cause of the error, which was discovered and fixed Wednesday. CNN spokeswoman Edna Johnson said technicians were trying to determine how long the mock-ups had been exposed through the development site, which was not directly accessible from the main CNN.com news site.

Although the mock-ups — essentially templates that were to be used when a subject dies — were no longer accessible to the public, the search engine Google still had a reference Thursday to Reagan's, titled "Ronald Reagan Remembered."

Another Web site, The Smoking Gun, also had copies of mock-ups for Reagan, Hope, Fidel Castro, Pope John Paul II, Nelson Mandela, Gerald Ford and Dick Cheney.

News organizations, including The Associated Press, routinely prepare obituaries on prominent figures so stories can be run quickly when they die.

In 1998, miscoding caused one such article, for Hope, to be inadvertently displayed on the AP's Web site, prompting a congressman to erroneously announce his death on the floor of the House of Representatives. The story did not say Hope had died, but the headline did.

The CNN mock-ups do not actually say that the subject had died, although they had a placeholder for the year of death, as in "1941-2001" for Cheney. The write-ups also referred to subjects in the past tense.

CNN said only the front page for the mock-ups had been available, with links to biographies and other features inactive."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cnn-chagrined-over-premature-obits/

No wonder Fox and Friends has an audience.

Supposedly P T Barnum once supposedly quipped that nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste or intelligence of the American pubic. FOX News proves that each and every day.

Back
Top Bottom