• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds Anti-Union Bill

Last edited:

.... is the Mossad behind it, Shintao?

I am not a conspirator, it could be anyone among the top ten in the entire world. I don't think it is just happening by accident or without direction.
So how is this Corporate America taking over?

yesterday:

CNBC: $1400 Tax Hike Needed to Fund Pensions

party on, progressives

I think it would be dishonest to say Republicans don't have a political agenda to reducing union influence here. They do want to cut the money source that is flowing to the Democrates whichever way they can. But on the other hand there is the legitimate question of "is union getting too big"? If the seniority system of a union makes a business less efficient then that should definitely be changed. In other words union needs to change to be more efficient in several areas. But abolishing it entirely is swinging the pendulum the other way. The very existence of union is to ensure worker rights and needs are protected. Taking it down completely will probably push the country back to the 50s where worker's rights are almost non-existent. I believe too much union isn't good, taking it all out will also do enormous harm.

We need union, just a more efficient version.

The only power you have is what government gives you.

Gosh I'm glad I live in America. the only power government has is what I give it.

yesterday:

KWGS: New Jersey assembly passes worker benefits overhaul (2011-06-23)

all across the country, inside the beltway excluded, governors and mayors and managers from both parties are finding SOLUTIONS

and where these difficult yet irresistable steps are taken economic conditions are bound to improve

people like cuomo and jerry brown and rahm emanuel and christie

folks like rick walker and the members of the massachusetts state assembly and bing and bobb in detroit

americans in these tough times crave leadership

we're seeing a lot of it at the state and local levels

the ship is definitely turning, and the changes are quickening

washington is the last holdout

the new jersey state house which voted FOR christie, 46 to 32, is currently comprised of 33 republicans and 47 democrats

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…