• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wisconsin Republican Party says hackers stole $2.3 million from campaign account using manipulated invoices

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party’s account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party’s chairman told The Associated Press on Thursday.

GOP is having a rough stretch lately!

Damn, well hopefully they can catch whomever did that. That's a ton of money to steal.

After thinking a little longer, I smell opportunism, “ship’s sinking, I’m getting mine.”

🤷

Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party’s account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party’s chairman told The Associated Press on Thursday.

It's an inside job.

The GOP leadership encouraged the hacking community to hack American citizens like Clinton, and groups like the DNC. They have doxed their own people for the world to see.

Did they think it would stop at Democrats? That there arent hackers out there who dont share their views? Did they think the only hackers who could do any damage were benevolent right wingers helping them?

Can't say I feel bad for the pandoras box the GOP opened in 2016.

I doubt that this might be true, and even if it is, it could cost the election. Maybe they are trying to frame Dems less than a week before the election to sway voters

Bummer. Thoughts & prayers.

I sometimes wonder if people whose last name is Hacker have a hard time finding work these day.

:)

Reminds me of a joke I heard once.

Three girls attended the same school, and the week before the school dance each one was approached by a prospective date. Each girl said the same thing "You'll have to win my Dad's approval, and just so you know, he's a poet."

So the night of the dance, all three girls are dressed up waiting for their dates with their dad. The door knocks, and the dad answers it to see a very finely dressed young man.

The dapper young lad says "Hello sir my name is Lance. I'd like to take your daughter to the dance, do I have a chance?"

The Dad looks him over and says "Okay you can date my daughter."

A few minutes later another knock at the door, and the dad answers to find a less well kept boy looking kind of nervous.

The boy, sweating a bit, says "Hello sir my name is Mike, and I'd like to take your daughter to the dance on my bike."

The dad looks him up and down, ponders him for a bit, before saying "Okay you can date my daughter."

A few minutes more pass and a third knock at the door is heard. The dad answers the door to find a scruffy, rough looking boy standing at the doorway.

The boy says "Hi sir my name is Tucker, and I..."

And the dad interrupts to say "You can't date my daughter."

I doubt that this might be true, and even if it is, it could cost the election. Maybe they are trying to frame Dems less than a week before the election to sway voters
that or set it up to be able to cry that they lost there because somebody stole all there money.
They will have to have some excuse
Have a nice day

Could it be Democrats? Sure, of course. But considering that Republicans are robbing each other blind, I'm inclined to blame them.

Reminds me of a joke I heard once.

Three girls attended the same school, and the week before the school dance each one was approached by a prospective date. Each girl said the same thing "You'll have to win my Dad's approval, and just so you know, he's a poet."

So the night of the dance, all three girls are dressed up waiting for their dates with their dad. The door knocks, and the dad answers it to see a very finely dressed young man.

The dapper young lad says "Hello sir my name is Lance. I'd like to take your daughter to the dance, do I have a chance?"

The Dad looks him over and says "Okay you can date my daughter."

A few minutes later another knock at the door, and the dad answers to find a less well kept boy looking kind of nervous.

The boy, sweating a bit, says "Hello sir my name is Mike, and I'd like to take your daughter to the dance on my bike."

The dad looks him up and down, ponders him for a bit, before saying "Okay you can date my daughter."

A few minutes more pass and a third knock at the door is heard. The dad answers the door to find a scruffy, rough looking boy standing at the doorway.

The boy says "Hi sir my name is Tucker, and I..."

And the dad interrupts to say "You can't date my daughter."

So what I gather from this is the father is an elitist snob who hates truckers.

Must have been the Russians.

Correct me if I'm wrong, when the dnc server was hacked the R's said they should have had better security. Trump is a con man, a grifter and others of his kind recognized it immediately. That's whey there is so much scum around him. I bet the gop stole their own contributions and are blaming hackers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, when the dnc server was hacked the R's said they should have had better security. Trump is a con man, a grifter and others of his kind recognized it immediately. That's whey there is so much scum around him. I bet the gop stole their own contributions and are blaming hackers.
The DNC 'hack' was caused by an idiot providing his user name and password ("password") when asked for it. Not much to fix when you put an idiot in charge and he gives away his password. Of course, using two factor authentication would have prevented the hack.

The GOP hack was more sophisticated. The invoices in the AP system were altered so that checks went to a third party rather than the real vendor. This was likely due to poor accounting controls - not unusual for campaign organizations that are formed and disbanded on the fly. This type of crime usually points to an inside job, rather than a 'hack'.

The DNC 'hack' was caused by an idiot providing his user name and password ("password") when asked for it. Not much to fix when you put an idiot in charge and he gives away his password. Of course, using two factor authentication would have prevented the hack.

The GOP hack was more sophisticated. The invoices in the AP system were altered so that checks went to a third party rather than the real vendor. This was likely due to poor accounting controls - not unusual for campaign organizations that are formed and disbanded on the fly. This type of crime usually points to an inside job, rather than a 'hack'.
Republicans stealing from themselves, who could imagine. And, a hack is a hack but your R's getting hacked was better than the D's getting hacked. Lol.

Republicans stealing from themselves, who could imagine. And, a hack is a hack but your R's getting hacked was better than the D's getting hacked. Lol.
DC seems to think that it's better to be a criminal than stupid. 😁 Revealing, is it not?

So what I gather from this is the father is an elitist snob who hates truckers.
Can you blame him
It is obvious the guy knows how to drive a stick

That’s not what hacking is...

Could it be Democrats? Sure, of course. But considering that Republicans are robbing each other blind, I'm inclined to blame them.
It could be just opportunists. When it comes to money, most opportunists are apolitical.

It could be just opportunists. When it comes to money, most opportunists are apolitical.
I'm sure it is. This particular form of theft isn't new, is almost always an inside job, and usually happens when internal controls are loose. It's why virtually every organization has different people requesting and approving invoices, which go 'across a wall' to separate accounts payable people who verify the information and cut the check.

With this timing, it probably didn't impact the campaign at all. Vendors will end up waiting for their money. It will get settled after the election.

Back
Top Bottom