• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wisconsin Primary thread

Yeah, here we have one third of the republican party vowing not to vote if Trump or Cruz are the candidate, and the rest of the party vowing not to vote if one of them isn't. The picture in reality isn't all that different on the democrat side. If Sander loses the nomination a whole lot of dems won't be going to the polls.

I think the dems will show up. Sanders draws the independents where Hillary doesn't and I think those that don't show up for the dems would come out of the indy side of his supporters.

Actually I misspoke, their corporate is still in Milwaukee , their factory is in Kansas City.
Ah!

But for Harley riding Milwaukeeans (of which there are many), Kansas *is* a foreign country! :2razz:

I agree that there is an increase in activity... but even that increase is just a fraction of the actual population. Most people just aren't political nerds like us. They could give a **** less and that's just a sad fact.

That's not true, at least on the republican side. Primary after primary has been met with record turnouts.

Yeah, here we have one third of the republican party vowing not to vote if Trump or Cruz are the candidate, and the rest of the party vowing not to vote if one of them isn't. The picture in reality isn't all that different on the democrat side. If Sander loses the nomination a whole lot of dems won't be going to the polls.

Look at the exit polls today, in the heartland of the R establishment the majority say that he who enters the convention with the most delegates should be declared the winner, in effect saying that the establishment has lost the right to overrule the voters.

52.4% of Wisconsin counted. Looks like Bernie is going to destroy the polling projections yet again.

Hillary's strong spot was Milwaukee and it's 83.1% counted so almost cashed out. Almost the entire rest of the state looks like it's Bernie's. Madison is Bernie's big population strong spot and it's only 46.3% counted. His lead is currently 11% and it looks like it's going to grow.

Right now:

Sanders: 55.4%
Clinton: 44.3%

That's not true, at least on the republican side. Primary after primary has been met with record turnouts.

Like I said, I agree that there is an increase but its still minuscule to the whole population. Especially to expect physical riots that amount to much. I think if it were to go south for trump like that... that it will mostly amount to a bunch of belly-aching on internet forums.

HOT TAKE: If Sanders could not win WI then he cant win anywhere, this state has been decimated by D incompetence.....the unions have been busted, a lot of jobs are gone, Ryan could not be recalled when the Nation D elite said that they were sure all that was required to do so was work and money...and they would provide the money. I know people who were part of the recall effort, it was done right, the national D elite were simply WRONG. AGAIN!

THe D elite pushing for Hillary is a great advertisement to VOTE SANDERS in WI.

Look at the exit polls today, in the heartland of the R establishment the majority say that he who enters the convention with the most delegates should be declared the winner, in effect saying that the establishment has lost the right to overrule the voters.

A bare majority did say that in an exit poll, but they are wrong. The nomination shouldn't automatically go to the one who gets the most votes but not a majority. Now the closer Trump gets to the majority, the stronger argument he has that it should be him anyway. But if he continues with his barely over a third, I'd say automatically giving it to him would actually be overruling the voters. 32 states have voted. He hasn't received a majority of votes in any.

HOT TAKE: If Sanders could not win WI then he cant win anywhere, this state has been decimated by D incompetence.....the unions have been busted, a lot of jobs are gone, Ryan could not be recalled when the Nation D elite said that they were sure all that was required to do so was work and money...and they would provide the money. I know people who were part of the recall effort, it was done right, the national D elite were simply WRONG. AGAIN!

I thought the same about Massachusetts. Who would have thought Clinton would beat Sanders in Massachusetts - one of them most progressive states in the nation and home to many colleges? But Clinton won just the same.

Been out last few hours...boy Trump got his ass kicked..and of course, the coward won't give a speech. He is dumb and he is a wuss. (and Cruz is a talibornagain whack-job).

I think Sanders is a pompous class warfare pandering statist jackass, but I love seeing Hillary lose. :mrgreen:

Wow... Bernie is closing the gap in Hillary's stronghold of Milwaukee. She leads now by only 2.2% in that county.

I think you meant 'Walker' being recalled, not 'Ryan'.
Though you may want 'Ryan' recalled after he chairs the RNC rules committee .

I thought the same about Massachusetts. Who would have thought Clinton would beat Sanders in Massachusetts - one of them most progressive states in the nation and home to many colleges? But Clinton won just the same.

because Sen. Warren wouldn't endorse

If TRump and Cruz have a deal they will be able to sell the team more than well enough to beat the establishments pitch...all they need to do is point out the riot that happens 15 minutes after they make the wrong call.

(NOTE TO MODS: I am not advocating for riots, I dont want to see violence, I hope there is no violence, I hope there is no hate in Cleveland, I hope we turn into GODS tomorrow....I am simply predicting history here not stating a desire for such.)

I'm hoping for a freakus right on the convention floor. And the republicans have no one to blame but themselves.

I dont know anything about MASS, but I grew up in Rockford Il right across the border of Wisconsin, my dad grew up in Kenosha, and my radical Lefty Uncle lived in Milwaukee a lot of years...I know something about WI.

The **** you talking about Willis? It is a Republican governor and legislature. And has been for several years now. Walker is ****ing up that state and you can't shovel that onto the Dems. Sorry.

Wow... Bernie is closing the gap in Hillary's stronghold of Milwaukee. She leads now by only 2.2% in that county.

not much of a stronghold with low voter turnout--as GOPs out-vote DEMs again in an Obama state

Right, and I think he is coming around to knowing that. Last week I thought it was going to be Ryan, but I really like what Trump has been doing lately, I am headed back towards thinking that Trump and Cruz will have a deal in place, Trump POTUS Cruz VP, and that the elite cant stop them. CRuz has two choices, VP or nothing, and he will suck it up.

I am making the call now....Trump on the second ballot.

DAMN this race is fun!
I don't see it, Hawkeye - Trump is out.

I just don't see any way the GOP gives Trump the nod. They've been given a permission-slip to dump him, and they're going to use it.

The main matter of interest is going to be what Trump does at the convention to attempt strong-arm the GOP. That could get interesting, but he's going to have to take almost three months of all the resources of the GOP en masse getting thrown against him; the politicians, the conservative media, the PACs, etc. It's going to diminish him and his supporters somewhat, in their influence within the party at large.

because Sen. Warren wouldn't endorse

She caught a lot of crap for that from the sanders supporters. That wasn't cool. She doesn't have to do a damn thing electorally. Just keep doing her job as great as she has been.

I just don't see any way the GOP gives Trump the nod. They've been given a permission-slip to dump him, and they're going to use it.

The main matter of interest is going to be what Trump does at the convention to attempt strong-arm the GOP. That could get interesting, but he's going to have to take almost three months of all the resources of the GOP en masse getting thrown against him; the politicians, the conservative media, the PACs, etc.

The Republicans won't allow Trump or Cruz....and whoever they throw up at the convention will lose because voters will see that person as a joke. Gonna be hilarious.

The main matter of interest is going to be what Trump does at the convention to attempt strong-arm the GOP. That could get interesting, but he's going to have to take almost three months of all the resources of the GOP en masse getting thrown against him; the politicians, the conservative media, the PACs, etc.

They need Cruz on their side, and I dont think they have him.

Bernie's opened up a 12.7% lead now.

Sanders: 56.2%
Clinton: 43.5%

The **** you talking about Willis? It is a Republican governor and legislature. And has been for several years now. Walker is ****ing up that state and you can't shovel that onto the Dems. Sorry.

THere are two teams on the field not one. When one team wins the other had something to do with the outcome.

THis is NOT an abuser/victim scenario.

Back
Top Bottom