• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wisconsin Primary thread

MSNBC calls both Cruz & Bernie!

Wow!

CNN is calling it for Cruz as well.

They must really trust their exit polls because only 2% of the vote is in.
Pretty amazing, I agree!

But I think Chuck Todd is one of the best analysts in the business in terms of election night counting, and Steve Kornacky is geeky in a Nate Silver way.

Yay! Bernie! Yay!

I'm getting baked tonight!

Last edited:
Really!

When did the move to KS occur?

It had to be pretty recently.

Actually I misspoke, their corporate is still in Milwaukee , their factory is in Kansas City.

CNN calls it for Bernie.

Ted says that Wisconsin was supposed to be Trump's turf. Actually, that was rarely ever true from the polling data. It's mostly been a consistent Cruz lead. Cruz is using the non-Western, non-South stereotype about his own campaign. As far as North Dakota is concerned, the only surprising moment was the straw poll which had put Trump in the lead at 38%. Typically ND swings with the typical protest, strong outsider conservative candidate, not the establishment candidate nor the eccentric candidate. The delegates at home (as this year they are an unattached delegate state) were more likely to be Cruz supporters anyway. I would have only been surprised had Trump come away with a temporary majority.

Ted says that Wisconsin was supposed to be Trump's turf. Actually, that was rarely ever true from the polling data. It's mostly been a consistent Cruz lead. Cruz is using the non-Western, non-South stereotype about his own campaign.

So the repubs like to say "what if" the FBI takes Hillary down in the general with an indictment. Imagine a Clinton v Cruz race where the FBI does that to Hillary and the DC Madam phone list takes down Cruz. What a disaster for the two major parties.

Pretty amazing, I agree!

But I think Chuck Todd is one of the best analysts in the business in terms of election night counting, and Steve Kornacky is geeky in a Nate Silver way.

amazing,not hardly first the gov and several million of neg ads,this is not a bell-weather for cruz,the rnc pulled out all the stops in a primary that trump would not have not won anyway.
the sand bagging on fox noise was almost sickening ,538 had cruz winning this race days ago,this is much to do about nothing.

run don run

So the repubs like to say "what if" the FBI takes Hillary down in the general with an indictment. Imagine a Clinton v Cruz race where the FBI does that to Hillary and the DC Madam phone list takes down Cruz. What a disaster for the two major parties.

A disaster which would still make Cruz the de facto pick for President, because an indictment beats a vanilla sex scandal.

A disaster which would still make Cruz the de facto pick for President, because an indictment beats an affair.

I think a third party would defeat both if that happened.

Cruz will not be the candidate. Plain and simple. The RNC heads are supporting him right now because they know he has no chance of coming close to 1,237, but he can act as a spoiler so Trump doesn't either. If the RNC bigwigs can keep the battle between the two going until after the first ballot - they can step in and dump Cruz for whomever they want. He's a pawn and he sold out to them to be one.

He thinks he can pick up enough steam with the RNC at his back, but it's just a fiction.

The people of America had one chance from either party to slip the bonds. That's being taken away from them. We'll be served up with the candidates who will keep the status quo. SSDD and both party hierarchies are safe in their power seats. The People vs the Power brokers - it's looking like the power brokers are going to win.

Cruz will not be the candidate. Plain and simple. The RNC heads are supporting him right now because they know he has no chance of coming close to 1,237, but he can act as a spoiler so Trump doesn't either. If the RNC bigwigs can keep the battle between the two going until after the first ballot - they can step in and dump Cruz for whomever they want. He's a pawn and he sold out to them to be one.

He thinks he can pick up enough steam with the RNC at his back, but it's just a fiction.

The people of America had one chance from either party to slip the bonds. That's being taken away from them. We'll be served up with the candidates who will keep the status quo. SSDD and both party hierarchies are safe in their power seats. The People vs the Power brokers - it's looking like the power brokers are going to win.
Right, and I think he is coming around to knowing that. Last week I thought it was going to be Ryan, but I really like what Trump has been doing lately, I am headed back towards thinking that Trump and Cruz will have a deal in place, Trump POTUS Cruz VP, and that the elite cant stop them. CRuz has two choices, VP or nothing, and he will suck it up.

I am making the call now....Trump on the second ballot.

DAMN this race is fun!

Last edited:
Right, and I think he is coming around to knowing that. Last week I thought it was going to be Ryan, but I really like what Trump has been doing lately, I am headed back towards thinking that Trump and Cruz will have a deal in place, Trump POTUS Cruz VP, and that the elite cant stop them. CRuz has two choices, VP or nothing, and he will suck it up.

DAMN this race is fun!

If Trump doesn't have it on the first ballot, Ryan will steer it to Kasich .

DAMN this race is fun!

Wait...you really like what he has been doing lately? Was it the 71 lies or mis-statements made in the course of one hour during his townhall that you liked? Or was it the statement that abortion should be banned and women punished for obtaining the abortion? Was it his flip flop on that position less than one day later?

Or do we go back to two weeks ago when he was insulting a fellow GOP member's wife?

If Trump doesn't have it on the first ballot, Ryan will steer it to Kasich .

If TRump and Cruz have a deal they will be able to sell the team more than well enough to beat the establishments pitch...all they need to do is point out the riot that happens 15 minutes after they make the wrong call.

(NOTE TO MODS: I am not advocating for riots, I dont want to see violence, I hope there is no violence, I hope there is no hate in Cleveland, I hope we turn into GODS tomorrow....I am simply predicting history here not stating a desire for such.)

If TRump and Cruz have a deal they will be able to sell the team more than well enough to beat the establishments pitch...all they need to do is point out the riot that happens 15 minutes after they make the wrong call.

(NOTE TO MODS: I am not advocating for riots, I dont want to see violence, I hope there is no violence, I hope there is no hate in Cleveland, I hope we turn into GODS tomorrow....I am simply predicting history here not stating a desire for such.)

I think you are over estimating the motivation levels of the American voter. The vast majority don't even care to vote... much less care to put down the xbox's and riot about politics.

I think you are over estimating the motivation levels of the American voter. The vast majority don't even care to vote... much less care to put down the xbox's and riot about politics.

And you know my take: you are underestimating the anger that is out there almost all across america. Look at how many people have voted for Trump/carson/Sanders, that cant happen without a tidal wave of anger in place to drive it.

And you know my take: you are underestimating the anger that is out there almost all across america. Look at how many people have voted for Trump/carson/Sanders, that cant happen without a tidal wave of anger in place to drive it.

Yeah, here we have one third of the republican party vowing not to vote if Trump or Cruz are the candidate, and the rest of the party vowing not to vote if one of them isn't. The picture in reality isn't all that different on the democrat side. If Sander loses the nomination a whole lot of dems won't be going to the polls.

I agree that there is an increase in activity... but even that increase is just a fraction of the actual population. Most people just aren't political nerds like us. They could give a **** less and that's just a sad fact.

Wait...you really like what he has been doing lately? Was it the 71 lies or mis-statements made in the course of one hour during his townhall that you liked? Or was it the statement that abortion should be banned and women punished for obtaining the abortion? Was it his flip flop on that position less than one day later?

Or do we go back to two weeks ago when he was insulting a fellow GOP member's wife?

Ya, he has rolled a lot of heads on his staff because they did not produce (which is the only thing that ever matters to Trump, he does not give a fvck what you look like) , and he is now going to give policy speeches. He has also proven to Cruz that being his VP is his only option. He has also had a sit down with the RNC to make sure that there are no battlefield miscalculations. He has kept the R govs in check which was very hard to do. and he has gotten his wife out on the trail, and she is a better spokesman for him than he is almost, she is fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom