• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wiretapping and National Security

Billo_Really said:
I did see an article a while back where he was criticized for ambiguous statements regarding Iraq. But I had to go and wasn't able to read the whole thing.
Well, hopefully you'll run by it again. It should shed light on some of Blix's other stretchings of the truth.

aquapub said:
:rofl

I think it is sufficient to say you have fully proved my points about your intellectual dishonesty, your total disregard for facts and evidence, and your embarrassingly obvious partisan blinders.

and the sooner you realize this and move on to debate with some folks here that ARE intellectually honest, the less frustrated you will be.

It took me a while.....but I finally realized it was a futal effort.

should we really care because unless your doing something extremely bad why should you worry. if someo one is listening in on your calls and your legal then i doubt they care at all. What are we so self-conscious about ourselves that we cant let anyone know what were doing.:roll:

Originally Posted by aquapub
I think it is sufficient to say you have fully proved my points about your intellectual dishonesty, your total disregard for facts and evidence, and your embarrassingly obvious partisan blinders.
Originally Posted by ProudAmerican
and the sooner you realize this and move on to debate with some folks here that ARE intellectually honest, the less frustrated you will be.

It took me a while.....but I finally realized it was a futal effort.
And then maybe if you left your conceit and arrogance and intolerance toward others at the door, you wouldn't feel the need to belittle others just so you can be comfortable in a conversation. Or just stop being so narcissistic.

should we really care because unless your doing something extremely bad why should you worry. if someo one is listening in on your calls and your legal then i doubt they care at all. What are we so self-conscious about ourselves that we cant let anyone know what were doing.

Because those that do the listening, left unchecked, will define their own ideas about what's legal. Read the history of any police state for confirmation of this. To take the most famous example, it started out not being a crime to offer leftist opinions in Nazi Germany. And there were plenty of leftists. But the Nazis rewrote the law, and then all the people they had been gathering information on became "criminals" and were packed off to Bergen-Belsen.

Before you go off thinking I just tried to compare Bush to Hitler, think again. The history is what proves the principle important, not vice versa. We ought to oppose this abuse of power on principle because it's a good principle, regardless of whether we have anything to hide. If we don't, we risk eventually waking up to find all kinds of things illegal that shouldn't be--like posting to boards such as this one, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom