• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Winning: U.s. Jumps six spots in global corruption ranking

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/us-jumps-six-spots-in-global-corruption-ranking

Call it the Trump Bump.

One of Donald Trump’s favorite pastimes, aside from screaming at the TV and tweeting, is claiming he’s the best at everything. “Nobody builds walls better than me,” he famously declared while announcing his candidacy for president. “I understand money better than anybody,” he insisted, several months later. “I know words, I have the best words,” are a collection of words that once tumbled from his mouth. Unfortunately—and this is true—the United States is not the best at everything. For instance, in an annual ranking released last year, America clocked in as the 16th least corrupt country in the world. (Somalia took the top prize). This year, however, thanks to Trump’s efforts, the U.S. jumped to number 22, our “most corrupt” level in seven years.
======================================
Donald gives Putin & his cronies anything they want.

I don’t know how much Trump is responsible for the overall bump, but certainly for any good citizen, any thinking citizen, any citizen not blinded by loyalty that Trump doesn’t deserve, the fact that he did not divest himself of his business interests and has been completely untransparent about his business dealings and his tax returns, is Trump supporters and fellow Republicans writing him a blank cheque to be corrupt.

But Citizens United and the stupid, idiotic idea that money equals speech, is responsible, if you have this much money in politics, the system will be corrupted and will rot.

It is corrupt and it is rotten.

Back
Top Bottom