• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wine or beer with your pizza - what do you prefer?

I prefer ...

• wine

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • beer

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • bottled mineral water

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • water from the tap

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • some other drink

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • no drinks at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

As the question is what you prefer, there can be only one vote.

You may of course mention lots of possible drinks, but you can only vote for one of them.

My clear answer is: wine (y)

I did some research about this today.
And what did I learn?
Italian waiters are looking down on all those tourists that are drinking wine with their pizzas? Instead of the "correct" beer?
I say: Let them!
I choose my drink according to my momentary liking - and not according to the dictatorship of Italian waiters.
While I am doubting that this "looking down" is true at all.

Beer, of course.

If I ever would be so desperate that I would order beer with my pizza - it would not be of course, but off course. :)
LOL

...then you need to take a quick drive over to Salzburg and order a few of these:

1662300076113.png

It'll renew your love of, and appreciation for beer. 👍

You may of course mention lots of possible drinks, but you can only vote for one of them.
Pizza is best with Pepsi.

Pizzy and Pepsi may start with the same letter - but that's about it. :)
I rarely drink, so sometimes Pepsi is the most intoxicating drink I can find, especially since I rarely drink soda either.

It'll renew your love of, and appreciation for beer. 👍
I like beer, where it belongs.
And imho it does not belong to pizza.

Here are the beers that I like:

a) Guinness
b) Rot-Haus

Badische Staatsbrauerei Rothaus is a brewery owned by the German state of Baden-Württemberg.[3] Rothaus, at the northern edge of the village of Grafenhausen in the southern Black Forest, is one of Germany's most successful and profitable regional breweries.

If I'm just drinking a beer alone, I like a local artisan brew called Black Pearl, which tastes a bit like Guiness Stout and strong coffee.

With pizza though, something lighter. Yuengling black-and-tan, Guiness draught, certain ales that aren't too hoppy.

Usually just one. Maybe a second on rare occasions, with company.

As I have written elsewhere:

---------------

To my surprise I have been told that in Italy the Italians actually prefer beer to wine with their pizza.
And that Italian waiters look down on all those tourists who order wine with their pizzas as idiotic barbarian foreigners.

But I am not interested in what Italian waiters may demand.
I like to eat and drink what is OK with me - regardless of waiters.
So let me be an idiotic barbarian foreigner - and let me enjoy my wine with my pizza in peace. :)

So far total voters: 5

1 x wine
3 x beer

Soda.

Tonight I plan to have a pizza here in town, in an Italian pizzeria.
Maybe I will ask them then if they really think it sooooooooo horrrrrrrrrrrrrible to enjoy some wine with a pizza. :)

Now 2 out of 7 say: Some other drink :)

Not that i'm a teetotaler or anything like that, but I generally have diet coke with my pizza.

Tonight I asked the boss of an Italian pizzeria here in town whether it was really true that Italians drink only beer with their pizza and look down on anybody who ordered wine with a pizza.
His answer was even better than I had expected!

The pizzeria-boss said something like this:
"What is this? Italians drink only beer with their pizza and never wine? What rubbish is this then?
Italians drink no beer at all, when they can help it!
Italians drink wine, wine, wine - wine with EVERYTHING!"

I was glad to hear him say so!
My picture of the world in general and of Italy in particular was in order again! :)

Those German life-style kids who claimed that Italian waiters would look down on anybody who drank wine with their pizza must have been woke "life-style-idiots" of the horrible and most ignorant type.

Back
Top Bottom