• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wind and solar now employ as many workers as the oil sector.... yet they only deliver 7% of the world's energy

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

A point of pride, according to the WEF. :LOL:

Yet if you look at the slice of the pie they have...

Primary-Energy-2021-720x524.png

That's climate cult efficiency for you LOL

I know you intended this as a dig at renewables, but all you really pointed out is that they create more jobs, while costing significantly less and doing far less damage to the planet. And compared to oil, they're just getting started.

I know you intended this as a dig at renewables, but all you really pointed out is that they create more jobs, while costing significantly less and doing far less damage to the planet. And compared to oil, they're just getting started.

We want fewer jobs, not more. The economy is not a jobs program.

One slice will grow as others contract...it's inevitable and necessary.

Look who doesn’t understand the difference between a growing industry creating lots of new infrastructure and a mature one that is declining.

LOL lithium mining for batteries is just as polluting as oil fields, wind farms kill millions of birds already, and you want this to go up? :LOL:

Look who doesn’t understand the difference between a growing industry creating lots of new infrastructure and a mature one that is declining.
Look who cant figure out basic math when it comes to energy production and economic efficiency. :ROFLMAO:

LOL lithium mining for batteries is just as polluting as oil fields, wind farms kill millions of birds already, and you want this to go up? :LOL:

Congrats on parroting two of the dumbest oil-industry/climate-change denier talking points of all.

Lithium mining has nothing to do with solar/wind electricity production specifically, and in any case only happens once for each vehicle that uses electricity for fuel, whereas fossil fuel extraction and burning is the gift that keeps on giving for the entire life of the vehicle.

Fossil fuel production and use kill a lot more birds than wind turbines, and climate change and cats put them both to shame.

Look who cant figure out basic math when it comes to energy production and economic efficiency. :ROFLMAO:

Economic efficiency should be measured in terms of total cost per unit of energy provided. It shouldn't be measured in terms of how few people enjoy the financial rewards.

We want fewer jobs, not more. The economy is not a jobs program.
Hmmm the Conservatives call the upper 1% 'Job Creators', both parties boast about employment numbers. Unemployed/under employed get taxpayer money.

Why are you against people having a chance at a paying job??? ✌️

LOL.

Show me the math.

Don’t forget that once a solar plant is built, it gets cost free energy for its lifespan,
But when a coal plant is built, it requres
An army of coal miners and transportation to get coal to supply it, plus a way to dispose of the toxic ash…for its entire lifespan.

Lithium mining has nothing to do with solar/wind electricity production specifically,

Yes it does. You have to to store the energy created from wind/solar since it isn't directly connected to the end-use application.

Your only choices are cheap and inefficient (and dangerous/caustic) deep cycle wet batteries or lithium.

Yes it does. You have to to store the energy created from wind/solar since it isn't directly connected to the end-use application.

Your only choices are cheap and inefficient (and dangerous/caustic) deep cycle wet batteries or lithium.
There are two other choices, but the people pushing the Green Agenda do not like that it will be the oil refineries that save us.
Surplus wind and solar can be stored as man made hydrocarbon transport fuels, or any hydrocarbon.
Another choice is Ammonia, but we lack both the demand and the infrastructure.

Don’t forget that once a solar plant is built, it gets cost free energy for its lifespan,

That's a load of bull. The maintenance and upkeep/replacement costs are no less expensive. The batteries have a lifespan of 7 years right now. Solar panels/cells eventually go bad. Wind turbines are serviced by local technicians and need constant work.

You should see the tractor trailers hauling single wings up the Columbia Pike to The Dalles. All of them, along with their fleet of pilot trucks guiding them are burning diesel.

You pretend these things erect and maintain themselves without the use of fuel. That's just stupid.

That's a load of bull. The maintenance and upkeep/replacement costs are no less expensive. The batteries have a lifespan of 7 years right now. Solar panels/cells eventually go bad. Wind turbines are serviced by local technicians and need constant work.

You should see the tractor trailers hauling single wings up the Columbia Pike to The Dalles. All of them, along with their fleet of pilot trucks guiding them are burning diesel.

You pretend these things erect and maintain themselves without the use of fuel. That's just stupid.
Oh. So maintainace costs are… similar.

Tragedy.

Congrats on parroting two of the dumbest oil-industry/climate-change denier talking points of all.

Lithium mining has nothing to do with solar/wind electricity production specifically, and in any case only happens once for each vehicle that uses electricity for fuel, whereas fossil fuel extraction and burning is the gift that keeps on giving for the entire life of the vehicle.

Fossil fuel production and use kill a lot more birds than wind turbines, and climate change and cats put them both to shame.

Economic efficiency should be measured in terms of total cost per unit of energy provided. It shouldn't be measured in terms of how few people enjoy the financial rewards.
LOL more climate cultist moronic nonsense. It just proves you know nothing about the subject since you need energy storage like lithium batteries in order for green energy to provide constant power during peak loads.

LOL.

Show me the math.

The math is in the OP, its basic math too, even a grade schooler can figure out, but it seems to have gone right over your head. :ROFLMAO:

And solar plants need maintenance because their cells need to be replaced every few years, and let's not forget that wind farms require even more TLC. Batteries degrade with every charge too. These are basic facts that you cant seem to figure out. :LOL:

LOL more climate cultist moronic nonsense. It just proves you know nothing about the subject since you need energy storage like lithium batteries in order for green energy to provide constant power during peak loads.

The math is in the OP, its basic math too, even a grade schooler can figure out, but it seems to have gone right over your head. :ROFLMAO:

And solar plants need maintenance because their cells need to be replaced every few years, and let's not forget that wind farms require even more TLC. Batteries degrade with every charge too. These are basic facts that you cant seem to figure out. :LOL:
LOL.

In case you don’t know, coal plants need maintainence too.

Snd, you seem to be unaware that coal is literally used up every time.

LOL.

In case you don’t know, coal plants need maintainence too.

Snd, you seem to be unaware that coal is literally used up every time.
Where was I advocating for coal? Oh thats right, I never did. Another strawman fail on your part.

And you still failed to address the amount of workers needed to run green energy when they have to more than triple that number in order to match the energy production of oil and gas. Another epic fail for you. :ROFLMAO:

Where was I advocating for coal? Oh thats right, I never did. Another strawman fail on your part.

And you still failed to address the amount of workers needed to run green energy when they have to more than triple that number in order to match the energy production of oil and gas. Another epic fail for you. :ROFLMAO:
1. Gas plants have the same as coal. Maybe you don’t know, but the difference is that the fuel for one is solid, for the other it’s gaseous. Stil gotta get it out and transport it and maintain the plant.

2. Addressed at the outset. Building infrastructure is labor intensive.

1. Gas plants have the same as coal. Maybe you don’t know, but the difference is that the fuel for one is solid, for the other it’s gaseous. Stil gotta get it out and transport it and maintain the plant.

2. Addressed at the outset. Building infrastructure is labor intensive.
LMAO natural gas isnt coal, nor is oil. You clearly have no understanding of basic science. And wind and solar are both intermittent and will never match the energy produciton of fossil fuels even if you blanket every available land area with wind and solar farms. Thats fact. Deal with it.

View attachment 67415420

Maybe its an evolving industry? 🤡

LMAO natural gas isnt coal, nor is oil. You clearly have no understanding of basic science. And wind and solar are both intermittent and will never match the energy produciton of fossil fuels even if you blanket every available land area with wind and solar farms. Thats fact. Deal with it.
Oh, that’s right.

You’re a science fiction writer.

None of that is ‘fact’.

Investments into renewable and other green technologies have led to drastic reduction in cost. So there it is an expansion of renewable energy all across the world.

This compared to fossil fuel their Western countries are after spending trillions of dollars on intervention in Middle East still dependent on ruthless dictators for fossil fuels. There those regimes also use their fossil fuel money to wage horrific wars and brutale oppress the population.

View attachment 67415420

have you always been a horse and carriage kind of guy? does change anger you?

Oh, that’s right.

You’re a science fiction writer.

None of that is ‘fact’.
I know science fiction alright, and youre spewing it left and right. LOL.

have you always been a horse and carriage kind of guy? does change anger you?
LOL Im not the one who wants to bring us back to the Dark Ages, thats people like you.

I know science fiction alright, and youre spewing it left and right. LOL.

LOL Im not the one who wants to bring us back to the Dark Ages, thats people like you.
I actually haven't taken a side one way or the other about climate change or any of that stuff. But I do notice you start a lot of threads promoting things that want to prevent progress.

I bet you still love those buggy whips.

I actually haven't taken a side one way or the other about climate change or any of that stuff. But I do notice you start a lot of threads promoting things that want to prevent progress.

I bet you still love those buggy whips.
Oh yes you have taken a side, and your idea of "progress" is to bankrupt the world's economies and force people to walk instead of using vehicles. The fact that youre here making a desperate attempt to defend green energy shows how little you know LOL :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom