• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wimbledon's "no tiebreaker in the final set" rule leads to 11 hour tennis match

Toothpicvic

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The epic match that finally ended: Isner beats Mahut – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Nicolas Mahut sat his prize down and took a big breath as the Wimbledon crowd applauded for him.

After the match was immediately over, Mahut buried his head in his towel, frustrated with the loss. Still, Mahut acted like a champion, speaking on court after the match.

Eleven hours and five minutes - and three days after their match first started - it is finally over. John Isner put a three-day match to rest with a final shot that gave him the 70-68 tiebreaker win in the fifth set.

Goddamn...

I heard about this - and am surprised that it lasted over several days. . . shows how much I know about tenni' - I thought they were going at it for 11 hours straight. :rofl

Back
Top Bottom