• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wimbledon!

Hiked up a mountain today do I cud get phone signal and follow the Murray match.2 sets down but mounting a comeback winning the 3rd set.

Hiked up a mountain today do I cud get phone signal and follow the Murray match.2 sets down but mounting a comeback winning the 3rd set.

yeah rat boy looked bad at the start but Verdasco played down to his ranking the last few sets

this Polish bomber is for real-Karlovic with the ability to move laterally. He could be a match for Rat boy if his serve works.

I was surprised that the big bird rolled over and played dead after being up 3 nil in the second set. Del Potro appeared hurt but he had too much firepower for the pit bull

Del Potro can beat ND-he has beat ND on this court at the Olympics

I'd love to see Lisicki and Flipkens in the finals.

Great comeback by SL as she won. Bartoli obliterated Flipkens-that was sort of a surprise. The Bryan brothers in their fourth straight major final-nu surprise. They squandered some earlier match points but prevailed

Heartbreaking for Del Porto today but what a game ( longest semi in Wimbledon history). Murray is on right now and is struggling to overcome this plucky young Pole and his cannon of a serve should be another long game.

it wasn't always pretty but our boy did it

I admit I wasn't Bartoli's biggest fan before this tournament. I saw her appear to tank in our Cincinnati tournament when she went out in the first round a few years ago (highest seeded player to lose) even though the next year she took out #1 Wozniacki before losing in the quarters to Shriekapova but after seeing her interviews here she seems to be a charming young lady and her comments and actions towards Sabine Lisicki showed lots of class.

I admit I wasn't Bartoli's biggest fan before this tournament. I saw her appear to tank in our Cincinnati tournament when she went out in the first round a few years ago (highest seeded player to lose) even though the next year she took out #1 Wozniacki before losing in the quarters to Shriekapova but after seeing her interviews here she seems to be a charming young lady and her comments and actions towards Sabine Lisicki showed lots of class.

Yea Bartoli has always been like that, but she has been up against better players plus... like it or not, a lot of blondes, which means she has never gotten the press that she deserves.

But both players, along with Wozniacki are a breath of fresh air on the womens tour.. smiling, making jokes, open and so not like the Williams sisters and Sharapova and the other top players.

Now if Andy Murry could start smiling instead of being so freaking serious always, then I might start liking him more. Djokovitic has some crazy and violent fans (something do with Serbs I suspect) but he is a great guy on and off the court and so not what you would expect. His press conference yesterday was brilliant.

Yea Bartoli has always been like that, but she has been up against better players plus... like it or not, a lot of blondes, which means she has never gotten the press that she deserves.

But both players, along with Wozniacki are a breath of fresh air on the womens tour.. smiling, making jokes, open and so not like the Williams sisters and Sharapova and the other top players.

Now if Andy Murry could start smiling instead of being so freaking serious always, then I might start liking him more. Djokovitic has some crazy and violent fans (something do with Serbs I suspect) but he is a great guy on and off the court and so not what you would expect. His press conference yesterday was brilliant.

you should watch this Andy Murray The Man Behind the Racquet BBC Documentary - YouTube might change your opinion on Murray.

ND is one of the smarter players on the tour. Not quite in Lendl or Courier's league but very bright. ITs sad Wozniacki is fading so quickly since she had a technical game-sort of Like the Polish Player Radawanska (sp) who also crafts points. I hope Rafa's knee improves. he's one of the classier top players in years

Novak acting the tosspot.

Rat boy is playing great. His defensive tactics are top drawer. He just threw up a brilliant lob leading to a break. All he has to do is protect his serve now. I think Del Potro should get some credit if Rat boy wins

ND does look flat -hit a lame volley that RB obliterated

rat boy has dropped a couple levels after failing to get that double break. He loses this set, He might play dead though he has a break chance to get back on serve after losing 4 games

That's better! Now C'moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon Murray!

That's better! Now C'moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon Murray!

up 40 nil-back to deuce. Rat boy gags this game away he might lose the whole thing

he cannot get a first serve in to save his ass

Great defense Rat boy-you earned that one as much as you almost gagged the final game away being up 40 nil only to save 4 break points to win

Most annoying crowd in tennis I've ever heard.

Most annoying crowd in tennis I've ever heard.

80 or so years of a drought fired them up. ND showed what everyone knew-he's a class act. Its great that there are four guys at the top of this sport right now and everyone of them is a top athlete and a top sportsman. You cannot find fault in any of them and its really hard to say which of the four (Roger, Rafa, ND or AM is the best. Some people want more of the McEnroe Connors or even Marcelo Rios (a complete prick-maybe the biggest asshole at #1 in open history). I am quite happy with these group of champions.

80 or so years of a drought fired them up. ND showed what everyone knew-he's a class act. Its great that there are four guys at the top of this sport right now and everyone of them is a top athlete and a top sportsman. You cannot find fault in any of them and its really hard to say which of the four (Roger, Rafa, ND or AM is the best. Some people want more of the McEnroe Connors or even Marcelo Rios (a complete prick-maybe the biggest asshole at #1 in open history). I am quite happy with these group of champions.

I have no beef with the players, just the crowd. :p and it's not just this game, but even the games with the younger British woman (Rogers?)

I have no beef with the players, just the crowd. :p and it's not just this game, but even the games with the younger British woman (Rogers?)

The lovely Laura Robson-took the silver in the 2012 games (Mixed Doubles) with Rat boy. She's a lot like Murray-lots of talent but like him at the same age-sort of a gagger. I don't like people cheering double faults or easy misses. That's uncool. But Murray showed lots of class and ND did as well. ND had a far tougher semis since Murray's side of the draw lost Rafa and Roger-ND had two extremely tough opponents -former Wimbledon RU Berdych of the CR and then of course, the olympic bronze medalist (who had beat him last year in the olympics) Del Potro who came within a couple points of beating ND. Andy had no one with any major titles in his way

ITs sad Wozniacki is fading so quickly since she had a technical game-sort of Like the Polish Player Radawanska (sp) who also crafts points.

Yea she needs to get her priorities right. Her relationship to Rory is hurting her game big time, so she either has to commit to him (marry the bastard) or dump him. Granted she has said before, as a catholic she would be obligated to stop tennis and have children if she got married... which pissed off a lot of Danes to say the least. Regardless it would be better she dump tennis and become a baby factory or dump Rory and achieve her potential.

Finally the long wait is over and Murray can join the immortals of British sport. His serve was great yesterday and he was dominating from the base line, finally the Wimbledon crowd forgot thier manners a nd roared him on compared to last years polite applause. This is the start of many grand slam wins for Murray I feel but I personally will never forget yesterday.

It was nice to see two Scots in the final. Andy Murray and Jock Ovic. England's 77 year wait continues... :2razz:

It was nice to see two Scots in the final. Andy Murray and Jock Ovic. England's 77 year wait continues... :2razz:

My boyfriend, who's originally from Belfast, laughed that if Murray was from England, then the newspapers/reporters/fans would have referred to him as English rather than British.
BTW, I have met Fred Perry once. He can now really rest in peace.

yet he draped himself in the union jack yesterday and sang god save the queen on the podium last year ;). However if you vote for independence he is all yours to claim lol

Back
Top Bottom