• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wimbledon right now

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The most insane tennis match in history.

Mahut (France) vs Isner (USA), 2 - 2 in sets... fifth and final set.

score is.. 42 - 43 and the game is almost in its 8th hour.

This is now officially the longest tennis game ever.

8 hours 46 min now.. score is 50-50 in the final set.

I've been talking about it in the thread below. (Marsel) 58 games all now but Isner is struggling.

McEnroe says they should have a Dr down there.

Last edited:
Play is suspended at 59 games all because of the light.

Yea.. and the match started yesterday and was called because of bad light then too lol

Yea.. and the match started yesterday and was called because of bad light then too lol

Yes, but I think they started the 5th set today which means that they have played almost the same as two 5 set 6-6 matches. Mahut seemed to be managing the strain more but Isner's serve just kept him in and every now and then, he looked like he might manage it, though his legs were giving up and McEnroe thought he was getting delirious. I think it was just as well it was stopped. Mahut seems to be incredibly fit.

God knows what they will both feel like tomorrow. The winner was scheduled to play the next round tomorrow but if the organisers have any sense and decency they will change that to give him a chance to recover, all be it a small one.

God knows what they will both feel like tomorrow. The winner was scheduled to play the next round tomorrow but if the organisers have any sense and decency they will change that to give him a chance to recover, all be it a small one.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the article. This puts a whole new spin on the phrase "marathon match"

Murray cleanly through to the third round in straight sets and has met the Queen who we hear, true or not is waiting to see the end of yesterdays marathon!

For anyone interested the longest tennis match in history has ended and was won by Isner 3 set to 2 and 70 games to 68 final set.

The most insane tennis match in history.

Mahut (France) vs Isner (USA), 2 - 2 in sets... fifth and final set.

score is.. 42 - 43 and the game is almost in its 8th hour.

This is now officially the longest tennis game ever.

Is that similar to extreme napping? :2razz:

(Be nice I'm just picking on you)

Back to Wimbledon today. Murray has just finished another three set match to get him relaxed and comfortably through to the second week. Nadal took 5!

And our boy is through once again in straight sets to the quarter final!

Quarter Final Tsonga against Murray. Go Andy and Go!! This can be your year.

Federer is out and Nadal is losing his first set.

A Taiwanese in the quarterfinal of the men's draw!!!! Lu Yen-Hsun... WOOOPPPPIIIEEE!!!!!

Yes, 'fraid Dyokovic beat him rather easily in straight sets today. I see a final Murray v Djokovic and Andy winning -'bout time.

Last edited:
This is a nightmare. Murray lost the first set in a tie break, he then broke Tsonga to go ahead in the second and has just played a game that I think I might have played better and been broken back!!!!!

Tsonga is definitely the one playing the better tennis at the moment. I do not know what has happened to Andy.

Last edited:
and Andy has managed to win the next tie break. One set all. Nerve wrecking!!

And after that the match was Andy's taking the sets 6-2, 6-2. Nadal made it through so the semi final is with him on Friday. Andy has only ever beaten Nadal once, so fingers crossed Friday might be the second time.

Edit: Hmm seems I was wrong there. Andy has just said it is two all in 4 championships in which they have met.

Last edited:
Yes, 'fraid Dyokovic beat him rather easily in straight sets today. I see a final Murray v Djokovic and Andy winning -'bout time.

Wasn't surprised by it, but a great breakthrough tournament for the young Taiwanese and best performance by an Asian man in several years... this will not be the last you see of him...

Back
Top Bottom