• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wilt Chamberlain most dominant player ever!

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Anyone care to argue about that?

Billo_Really said:
Anyone care to argue about that?

Not at all. While with the Milwaukee Bucks, he personally scored 100 points in a single game. The rest of his team could have sat on the sidelines. LOL.

Elgin Baylor wasnt bad either. he scored 85 points in a single game, but Chamberlain's feat will never, ever be duplicated.

danarhea said:
Not at all. While with the Milwaukee Bucks, he personally scored 100 points in a single game. The rest of his team could have sat on the sidelines. LOL.

Elgin Baylor wasnt bad either. he scored 85 points in a single game, but Chamberlain's feat will never, ever be duplicated.

Sorry to be anal, but Wilt scored 100 with the Philly Warriors in Hershey, PA...

I just happen to know because I'm born & bred Philly...

http://www.nba.com/history/wilt100_moments.html

galenrox said:
booooooooooo philly!!! yay Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Chicago will get more respect when John Goodman keels over and stops being an illegitimate Blues Brother!:doh

cnredd said:
Maybe Chicago will get more respect when John Goodman keels over and stops being an illegitimate Blues Brother!:doh

If that happens, then we will have a revival of a sick joke.

Q: Whats blue and sings alone?

A: Dan Akroyd.

danarhea said:
If that happens, then we will have a revival of a sick joke.

Q: Whats blue and sings alone?

A: Dan Akroyd.

Since we got humor going on a Wilt thread, try this....

Get a pack of matches, take one out and light it, blow it out, then put it back in the pack behind the other ones...raised above all of the others by about 1/2 inch...

Go up to someone and say, "What's this?"

"Wilt Chamberlain's high school photo...":2wave:

I don't know, I mean The "Stilt" was dominant, but he was just about the only player in the league at that time who was 7 feet tall. If I was a good half foot taller than everybody, you bet I'd average 50.4 points per game also.

kal-el said:
I don't know, I mean The "Stilt" was dominant, but he was just about the only player in the league at that time who was 7 feet tall. If I was a good half foot taller than everybody, you bet I'd average 50.4 points per game also.

BUT...

He was criticized one year for the same reason....

So he went out the next year and came in first in assists...JUST to prove a point...

cnredd said:
BUT...

He was criticized one year for the same reason....

So he went out the next year and came in first in assists...JUST to prove a point...

Yes, I'll admit he was an excellent player, and probably the most dominant in his time. Now, on the other hand, he would just be another 7- footer. As every team has 1 or 2 Wilt's.

Originally posted by kal-el:
Yes, I'll admit he was an excellent player, and probably the most dominant in his time. Now, on the other hand, he would just be another 7- footer. As every team has 1 or 2 Wilt's.
That's bullshit! When people ask me who Wilt was, I tell them to think of Shaq with talent.

Originally posted by danarhea:
Actually, Elgin scored 71 in one game. He was number 2 on the list until David Thompson scored 73 in one game.

Originally posted by cnredd:
Maybe Chicago will get more respect when John Goodman keels over and stops being an illegitimate Blues Brother
LOL. That's a good one! Nobody replaces Bullishi. Nobody. That's like trying to replace Duane Allman.

Billo_Really said:
That's bullshit! When people ask me who Wilt was, I tell them to think of Shaq with talent.

If Shaq was around then, he would have dominated like noone ever seen. He would have his way, especially in the paint with people like Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain. I won't argue with you on the talent part- Both these players posess alot more talent than Shaq. But, especially in Basketball, size matters, and Wilt was like 275 lbs. or something, Russell was even less, Shaq is like 330. And that's a kind estimate!

If Shaq was around then, he would have dominated like noone ever seen. He would have his way, especially in the paint with people like Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain. I won't argue with you on the talent part- Both these players posess alot more talent than Shaq. But, especially in Basketball, size matters, and Wilt was like 275 lbs. or something, Russell was even less, Shaq is like 330. And that's a kind estimate!
Shaq is 330 because he's fat! Wilt was the strongest player to ever play in the NBA. And Shaq has never played against someone like Russell.

Billo_Really said:
Shaq is 330 because he's fat! Wilt was the strongest player to ever play in the NBA. And Shaq has never played against someone like Russell.

Ok, I buy that, but even you'll probably agree that Shaq would have his way with any of the two in the paint. They might as well try to move a mountain, it might be easier.

Ok, I buy that, but even you'll probably agree that Shaq would have his way with any of the two in the paint. They might as well try to move a mountain, it might be easier.
Shaq's a big boy. He would definately have his way in any era.

Wilt didn't have the killer instinct to be the most dominant ever. Bill Russell schooled him over and over. Wilt didn't win enough Championships to be the most dominant ever. Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was indefensable in his time. Oscar Robertson was the only player to average a triple-double for a whole season. Micheal Jordan was the most dominant ever though. He won 6 championships and was a complete package. He could have played in any era. Wilt couldn't handle today's game. But MJ could go back to any era and dominate.

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002:
Wilt didn't have the killer instinct to be the most dominant ever. Bill Russell schooled him over and over. Wilt didn't win enough Championships to be the most dominant ever. Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was indefensable in his time. Oscar Robertson was the only player to average a triple-double for a whole season. Micheal Jordan was the most dominant ever though. He won 6 championships and was a complete package. He could have played in any era. Wilt couldn't handle today's game. But MJ could go back to any era and dominate.
That's bullshit! You can classify the Wilt/Russell matchups in three catagories: 1) the times Wilt beat Russell, 2) the times Russell beat Wilt and 3) the times Wilt spanked Russell, did whatever he wanted and made Russell look like a baby.

• Did Jordan ever score 100 points in one game?
  • Did Jordan ever average 50 points a game for an entire season?
  • Did Jordan ever pass Wilt in scoring for a career?
  • Did Jordan ever get 55 rebounds in one game?
  • Did Jordan ever lead the leage in assists?
  • Did Jordan have a more automatic shot than Wilts slam dunk?
  • Did Jordan do 20,000 women?
  • Was Jordan such a bad-ass that no one would fight him? Not even ball there fists! Kareem hit Happy Hairston one time and Wilt took two steps toward Kareem and he went running behind the referree!

Jordan doesn't have half the records Wilt still owns.

Wilt didn't do 20,000 women. Do the math. David Robinson isn't the second most dominant player just because he scored 73 pts. against a lame excuse for a team. As far as career scoring goes, no, he didn't. Will Roger Clemens pass Cy Young's win record. I'd take Clemens on my team before Young. Wilt was the finals MVP one out of the two championships he won. He didn't make his team better the way Jordan did.

Does boxing have anything to do with basketball? Wilt and Shaq are so tough that they don't dare step on a football field. Don't tell me about bad-ass.

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002:
Wilt didn't do 20,000 women. Do the math. David Robinson isn't the second most dominant player just because he scored 73 pts. against a lame excuse for a team. As far as career scoring goes, no, he didn't. Will Roger Clemens pass Cy Young's win record. I'd take Clemens on my team before Young. Wilt was the finals MVP one out of the two championships he won. He didn't make his team better the way Jordan did.

Does boxing have anything to do with basketball? Wilt and Shaq are so tough that they don't dare step on a football field. Don't tell me about bad-ass.
They didn't change the rules of the game because Jordan was just too damn dominating. But they did with Wilt! Did you know they widened the key because of Chamberlain. Originally it was 10 feet wide. But when he showed up he kicked so much ass, they widened it to what it is now at 15 feet wide. One other thing, if the two went head to head in that key, I know who would win. With or without the ball. Wilt the ball, Jordan would have no chance in hell to stop a slam dunk. He would just take a elevator ride. Jordan with the ball, he would probably walk around the rest of his life with "voit" tattooed to his forehead.

A 50.4 pts per game average for an entire season. As far as 20000 women, that's one and a half a day since he was 15. Maybe Wilt embellished a little there. I heard they couldn't close his casket without a sunroof.

And it wasn't David Robinson. It was David Thompson. David "Skywalker" Thompson. He beat Elgin Baylor by 2 points. He scored 71 one time against the Russell and the Celtics. That blew Aurerbachs mind.

Last edited:
Jordan blocked and dunked on every big man in his era, including Shaq! Sorry, David Robinson scored 71, it still doesn't put him in the most dominant category. In 61-62 the Warriors didn't even have the best record, let alone win the championship. It's not really dominating if you don't bring home the hardware. Allen Iverson is a prime example of this. Wilt was great, I will give you that. But he is not the most dominant ever. Neither is Shaq. At least Shaq has brought home the hardware multiple times. Wilt can't count. I have slept with around 40 women and couldn't tell you some of their names. How could Wilt really keep count, if he had that many women he wouldn't have time to count. It is hard to compare players from different eras but I still think Jordan could dominate in any era and I am not so sure that Wilt could. We will never know.

Originally posted by Billo_Really
A 50.4 pts per game average for an entire season. As far as 20000 women, that's one and a half a day since he was 15. Maybe Wilt embellished a little there. I heard they couldn't close his casket without a sunroof.

Without a sunroof? O man, ****ing lurch. 50.4 pts a game? What a damn ball-hog. I thought Iverson was one?

Originally posted by Kal-el:
Without a sunroof? O man, ****ing lurch. 50.4 pts a game? What a damn ball-hog. I thought Iverson was one?
Ball-hog! He was the only center in history to lead the leage in assists.

Billo_Really said:
Ball-hog! He was the only center in history to lead the leage in assists.

Yea, for 1 season, and to prove a point. if I had a dominant player on my team, I can see the logic in constantly giving him the ball, but he has no hardware to show for it.

Originally posted by Kal-el:
Yea, for 1 season, and to prove a point. if I had a dominant player on my team, I can see the logic in constantly giving him the ball, but he has no hardware to show for it.
And that's my point. The guy did what ever he felt like doing. And there was nobody that could stop him. Not then. And not now. The biggest criticism people had for him was that he didn't do what Russell did. He had more talent than anyone had ever seen. He was more dominant than anyone had ever seen. So with all that, why just two rings. I like the fact that no one, not even his enemies, ever talked about stopping him on the court. It was just a given, you ain't gonna!

I will admit that the year he lead the leage in assists, he had argueably the greatest team in NBA history. I'm not saying the best (that was the '87 Lakers), but if you wanted to argue the point, the '67 Philly team was a mother-fukker. They spanked the Celtics in 5. And that ended Bostons 8 straight consecutive championships. But Russell did come back and get two more rings the next two seasons before he retired.

Back
Top Bottom