• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] William Hurt, known for 'Kiss of the Spider Woman,' 'Broadcast News,' dies at 71

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
William Hurt, the Oscar-winning Hollywood leading man best known for his quietly commanding performances in "Body Heat," "Kiss of the Spider Woman," "Children of a Lesser God" and "Broadcast News," died Sunday.
He was 71 — and a few days shy of his 72nd birthday.
Hurt's son, Will, told the Associated Press that his father died of natural causes while surrounded by family.

71 does not seem old; people are living into the late 90's and early 100's.....

Rest in Peace Mr Hurt.

William Hurt, the Oscar-winning Hollywood leading man best known for his quietly commanding performances in "Body Heat," "Kiss of the Spider Woman," "Children of a Lesser God" and "Broadcast News," died Sunday.
He was 71 — and a few days shy of his 72nd birthday.
Hurt's son, Will, told the Associated Press that his father died of natural causes while surrounded by family.

71 does not seem old; people are living into the late 90's and early 100's.....

Rest in Peace Mr Hurt.
Cancer has a way of keeping you from seeing 90...

William Hurt was a favorite. I had some good friends share a B&B with him a few years ago and told me he was a good guy as well.

Another actor/musician/athlete that I grew up with that is no longer with us. The problem with being in your 60's is that the actor/musician/athlete that I grew up with are now in their 70's and 80s and dying regularly, taking a little bit of me with them each. Just another reminder that we all only have so much runway.

Rest in Peace and blessings and comfort to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace. I've seen him in a lot of movies and always admired his acting.

Back
Top Bottom