• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

William F. Buckley: Iraq is lost

Simon W. Moon said:
Any one of the folks who say that humanitarian reasons were a primary factor for launching the invasion of Iraq and who're pimping the Democratic Domino Theory of the Middle East

Take your pick.

I think the majority of Conservatives would say we went into Iraq to get rid of Saddam and his WOMD...........

Navy Pride said:
I think the majority of Conservatives would say we went into Iraq to get rid of Saddam and his WOMD...........
It's convenient for you to think that right now.
When folks point out that we have yet to find anything close to the stockpiles we "knew" were there, some folks will offer the canard that the WMD were a secondary or even a tertiary issue behind stopping a "genocidal madman" or some such, and going about how we went to save the Iraqis from Saddam.

Simon W. Moon said:
It's convenient for you to think that right now.
When folks point out that we have yet to find anything close to the stockpiles we "knew" were there, some folks will offer the canard that the WMD were a secondary or even a tertiary issue behind stopping a "genocidal madman" or some such, and going about how we went to save the Iraqis from Saddam.

That is true but I am speaking strictly frm my conservative point of view......It might surprise you to hear that I still believe Saddam had WOMD and they are either in Syria or buried someplace in the desert......One thing we can both agree on though is if he had them he will never use them........

Back
Top Bottom