• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

William Barr told Murdoch to 'muzzle' Fox News Trump critic, new book says

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

The attorney general, William Barr, told Rupert Murdoch to “muzzle” Andrew Napolitano, a prominent Fox News personality who became a critic of Donald Trump, according to a new book about the rightwing TV network.

Barr’s meeting with Murdoch, at the media mogul’s New York home in October 2019, was widely reported at the time, with speculation surrounding its subject. According to Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth, by CNN media reporter Brian Stelter, subjects covered included media consolidation and criminal justice reform.

“But it was also about Judge Andrew Napolitano.”

Stelter’s in-depth look at Fox News, its fortunes under Trump and its links to his White House will be published on Tuesday. The Guardian obtained a copy.

If true something has to be done. I can't see how even those on the right can stand for something like this.

the “right” is so far down the rabbit hole at this point........

If true something has to be done. I can't see how even those on the right can stand for something like this.

Oh, it's the usual routine thus far.

Trump didn't put out a video of himself signing an affidavit saying it was true, so it is yet another massive conspiracy to victimize him. Everyone who says anything negative about him is lying. Everyone who says everything positive is loved more than God's son. Yadda yadda as democracy circles the drain.

Judge Nap is a loose cannon. One moment he can be perfectly logical, and then the next moment he sounds like Alex Jones. People like that can't be trusted for advice.

Then there is Shepard Smith. He was let go in a hurry. Surprised the hell out of the anchor that followed Smith, Neil Cavuto.

Bill Hemmer finally took Smith's place in the noon news slot. Hemmer is so strongly biased toward Trump, the straight news program became meaningless. I dropped Hemmer and replaced him with Cavuto who does his best to cover the news without too much Trump bias.

Back
Top Bottom