• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

William Barr: Concerns Over Trump’s Privacy Could Shield Robert Mueller Conclusions

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...rt-mueller-report_us_5c4f2f60e4b0f43e41096017

The likely attorney general said prosecutors need “to be sensitive to the privacy and reputational interests of uncharged third parties.”

WASHINGTON ― William Barr, the once and likely future attorney general, is seeking to reassure senators that he’ll leave alone the special counsel investigation being run by Robert Mueller, telling them in response to written questions that he “would resign rather than follow an order to terminate the Special Counsel without good cause.”

But Barr’s long response to written questions from members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, submitted ahead of an expected vote on his nomination out of the committee on Tuesday, make clear that the final public report out of the Mueller probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election will likely leave much of the public dissatisfied.
==============================================
I could see this scenario: cover-up coming. If anyone is found guilty of something, let's not embarrass them by telling anyone that Mueller found out. We can only hope that one of the House committees can subpoena this report so at least the conclusions can be made public.

Last edited:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...rt-mueller-report_us_5c4f2f60e4b0f43e41096017

The likely attorney general said prosecutors need “to be sensitive to the privacy and reputational interests of uncharged third parties.”

WASHINGTON ― William Barr, the once and likely future attorney general, is seeking to reassure senators that he’ll leave alone the special counsel investigation being run by Robert Mueller, telling them in response to written questions that he “would resign rather than follow an order to terminate the Special Counsel without good cause.”

But Barr’s long response to written questions from members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, submitted ahead of an expected vote on his nomination out of the committee on Tuesday, make clear that the final public report out of the Mueller probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election will likely leave much of the public dissatisfied.
I could see this coming: cover-up coming. If anyone is found guilty of something, let's not embarrass them by telling anyone. We can only hope that one of the House committees can subpoena this report so at least the conclusions can be made public.

I think he meant that the final report will more likely than not fail to declare any finding of an actual "conspiracy (or 'collusion')" involving Trump and his campaign with Russia to undermine the 2016 election.

He might also be hinting that information which has nothing to do with "criminality," but could otherwise be politically damaging, might be withheld as being outside the scope of the investigation.

Admit it; if that turns out to be the case, just how do you think the "resistance" would react?

I bet they will howl that the fix was in, that Mueller was prevented from "revealing the truth," and demand either "absolute transparency" or another investigation into the investigation.

Last edited:
This is probably a call for a Select Committee to further investigate. Wasn't this the same scenario with Watergate?

I think he meant that the final report will more likely than not fail to declare any finding of an actual "conspiracy (or 'collusion')" involving Trump and his campaign with Russia to undermine the 2016 election.

Admit it; if that turns out to be the case, just how do you think the "resistance" would react?

I bet they will howl that the fix was in, that Mueller was prevented from "revealing the truth," and demand either "absolute transparency" or another investigation into the investigation.

I'll leave it to Reps. Schiff & Cummings to ferret out the details. Remember, the Dems control the House now. And if the report is withheld, expect it to be in the courts PDQ. That's why Trump packed the court with Kavanaugh.

In any event, anything short of complete exoneration will hurt Trump's chances in 2020. Running for reelection as an un-indicted co-conspirator will be somewhat of a handicap.

Last edited:

I could see this scenario: cover-up coming. If anyone is found guilty of something, let's not embarrass them by telling anyone that Mueller found out. We can only hope that one of the House committees can subpoena this report so at least the conclusions can be made public.

They can subpoena it, but the only people who will get an unredacted copy is the GoE...and they know what'll happen to them if they release redacted information to anyone without their clearance level.

btw, YOU don't have their clearance level. Sorry about that.

He might also be hinting that information which has nothing to do with "criminality," but could otherwise be politically damaging, might be withheld as being outside the scope of the investigation.

Oh yeah...I'd love to see a House Committee decide to investigate Mueller. LOL!!

Oh yeah...I'd love to see a House Committee decide to investigate Mueller. LOL!!
No way would the dems ever lead an investigation into the Mueller team. What is more likely is people like Schiff will claim to of seen the classified materials, claim they are very bad but not enough to convict on, and he csnt tell us what it says because its classified, but believe him it's very bad stuff. The anti-trumpers will swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Pro-trump people wont be much better because they will claim if there was anything at all in it the makes trump look bad it would of gotten out but since not its proof that he is squeaky clean.

I personally am not a fan of all the cloak and dagger stuff. I flat do not trust any of them to be honest with the public. I would like to see the entire report with the only redactions being personal info like phone numbers and addresses. I do however understand what Barr is saying about a persons right to privacy if they are not charged. That being said, Trump has the authority to release the entire report and think he should. Even if theres some politically embarrassing things in it about him. He should take the hit to put the whole thing to rest once and for all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No way would the dems ever lead an investigation into the Mueller team. What is more likely is people like Schiff will claim to of seen the classified materials, claim they are very bad but not enough to convict on, and he csnt tell us what it says because its classified, but believe him it's very bad stuff. The anti-trumpers will swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Pro-trump people wont be much better because they will claim if there was anything at all in it the makes trump look bad it would of gotten out but since not its proof that he is squeaky clean.

I personally am not a fan of all the cloak and dagger stuff. I flat do not trust any of them to be honest with the public. I would like to see the entire report with the only redactions being personal info like phone numbers and addresses. I do however understand what Barr is saying about a persons right to privacy if they are not charged. That being said, Trump has the authority to release the entire report and think he should. Even if theres some politically embarrassing things in it about him. He should take the hit to put the whole thing to rest once and for all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll be happy to just see a summary, but then again I'm not politically motivated to see everything that can be spun into something it's not...which is the only reason the Trump haters want to see everything.

Jonathon Karl and other political journalists have already come out and said there is no big "get Trump" from Mueller's investigation. That has to be very disappointing to the left. But that isn't going to stop shifty Schiff, Jerrold Nadler and Maxine Waters. Oh no. Their goal is to keep this **** up leading to 2020. But one thing you can count on Democrats is to overplay their hand.

Acting AG Whittaker said today that he believes Mueller's investigation is winding down.

Let me go on the record that the report that Barr releases to Congress if it has anything redacted they will immediately declare it is a coverup.

Through all of this process one thing I have definitely concurred the past two years is whenever the Democrats make accusations against the right you can bet they are doing what they accuse others. And when it is all said and done, the left will have to own it and the media will have a come to Jesus moment.

Back
Top Bottom