• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

William Barr as new Attorney General

Barr is a staunch conservative. Believes Roe v. Wade is a wrong SCOTUS decision. Believes the answer to crime is expanding prisons and lengthening sentences.

Believes investigating Uranium One is more important than investigating whether Trump conspired with Russia. Argued against Net Neutrality.

Barr is known as a strong defender of Presidential power. A longtime member of the Federalist Society. You get the idea.

So what? Who do you expect a republican president to pick? An ACLU lawyer?

Last edited:

Senator X: It appears President Trump contacted you about becoming his attorney for the Mueller probe. Will you recuse yourself from overseeing the Special Counsel's investigation?
Barr: Yes, I believe...wait a minute, seems I'm getting a call...Oh, it's the President.

Senator X: It appears President Trump contacted you about becoming his attorney for the Mueller probe. Will you recuse yourself from overseeing the Special Counsel's investigation?
Barr: Yes, I believe...wait a minute, seems I'm getting a call...Oh, it's the President.

Yeah, pretty much. The President is so corrupt-minded it's become a joke.

President Trump has nominated William Barr as Attorney Barr.

Rand Paul doesn't like the guy for his total support of the Patriot Act, and I can sympathize with that position.

Let's see if Paul has the moxy to vote him down, given that he didn't have the spine to do that with Kavanaugh.

Rand Paul doesn't like the guy for his total support of the Patriot Act, and I can sympathize with that position.

Let's see if Paul has the moxy to vote him down, given that he didn't have the spine to do that with Kavanaugh.

I'd be ok with that. Barr may be a good attorney general but he is part of the deep state, elitists, something that a lot of Trump voters are against.
I think he picked him to garner more supports from never trump GOPs in the senate to protect himself from Mueller.

Back
Top Bottom