• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Willful Ignorance.' Inside President Trump's Troubled Intelligence Briefings

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In the wake of President Donald Trump’s renewed attacks on the U.S. intelligence community this week, senior intelligence briefers are breaking two years of silence to warn that the President is endangering American security with what they say is a stubborn disregard for their assessments.

Citing multiple in-person episodes, these intelligence officials say Trump displays what one called “willful ignorance” when presented with analyses generated by America’s $81 billion-a-year intelligence services. The officials, who include analysts who prepare Trump’s briefs and the briefers themselves, describe futile attempts to keep his attention by using visual aids, confining some briefing points to two or three sentences, and repeating his name and title as frequently as possible.

Donald Trump Rejects Intelligence Briefing Facts | Time

Well, isn't this a bit of snotty reporting from Mr. Walcott from Time....It isn't that these things are out there by yet more anonymous sourcing within the Obama politicized Intel services, but that the fact that some within those ranks are more than willing to talk to MSM media sources whom they know viscerally hate this President....

Here's how Sharyl Attkinsson lays it out in the Hill....

But I think there’s one shocking aspect — perhaps a larger story — that’s gone virtually unreported. It appears that anonymous intelligence officials are executing an operation against the sitting commander-in-chief. It might not qualify as all-out mutiny, but it’s also not all that far from one.

Right under our noses, while still under investigation for allegedly orchestrating leaks and undermining candidate Trump in 2016, some in the intel community are orchestrating leaks and undermining President Trump in 2019. There’s evidence of the existence of such an operation from the Inspector General, various congressional probes, and investigative reporting. They’ve alleged, and in some cases concluded, that some top intel officials improperly leaked information to the news media and engaged in politically motivated surveillance practices involving multiple Trump associates.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/428288-intel-operation-against-trump-still-going-strong

Ms. Attkinsson doesn't use the term, but I will...What we have seen for the past two years, and continuing is America's first Coup d'etat...And if not actually full blown, and complete with Troops marching into the White House to arrest, and remove President Trump, that is the dream...The next type would be a political coup....And that is what we are seeing...This is Obama's true legacy.

Well, isn't this a bit of snotty reporting from Mr. Walcott from Time....It isn't that these things are out there by yet more anonymous sourcing within the Obama politicized Intel services, but that the fact that some within those ranks are more than willing to talk to MSM media sources whom they know viscerally hate this President....

Ms. Attkinsson doesn't use the term, but I will...What we have seen for the past two years, and continuing is America's first Coup d'etat...And if not actually full blown, and complete with Troops marching into the White House to arrest, and remove President Trump, that is the dream...The next type would be a political coup....And that is what we are seeing...This is Obama's true legacy.

Why do you believe they want a coup? The policies being passed by this administration are essentially just standard Republican policies. Do you think the coup is because Trump is rude?

Why do you believe they want a coup? The policies being passed by this administration are essentially just standard Republican policies. Do you think the coup is because Trump is rude?

LOL, you gotta love the hyperbole. :lol:

Thanks for the laugh, J-mac! I needed it. :lamo

Well I suppose Trump should pay attention to intelligence briefings and quit endangering America's security. I don't know of the extend of the conspiracy theory here, though it doesn't seem to be quite as extreme as the OP makes it seem. Though hysterics are certainly part of the Trumpeteer Propaganda Portfolio.

That intelligence officials have to dumb things down so far for Trump and butter Trump up so much to even have a chance of getting through to him doesn't concern the OP at all.

If only you were right about the troops marching into the White House and the coup.

Oh well, hope springs eternal.

Well I suppose Trump should pay attention to intelligence briefings and quit endangering America's security. I don't know of the extend of the conspiracy theory here, though it doesn't seem to be quite as extreme as the OP makes it seem. Though hysterics are certainly part of the Trumpeteer Propaganda Portfolio.
The irony of that statement is more than I can take. Russia Russia Russia! :roll:

Why do you believe they want a coup?

What was Peter Strozyk talking about when he spoke of an "Insurance policy" in his texts to his girlfriend?

The policies being passed by this administration are essentially just standard Republican policies.

I agree, so why so much resistance?

Do you think the coup is because Trump is rude?

No, I think that Trump represents an existential threat the establishment can't afford to expose.

Well I suppose Trump should pay attention to intelligence briefings and quit endangering America's security.

Nonsense...Nothing this President has done has endangered anyone....In fact, he has strengthened America.

I don't know of the extend of the conspiracy theory here, though it doesn't seem to be quite as extreme as the OP makes it seem.

That would be a well worn tactic of those supporting a coup...Make light of anyone exposing it, smear them, say "nothing to see here".... Until it's too late...Your propaganda, including your lean fails.

Though hysterics are certainly part of the Trumpeteer Propaganda Portfolio.

Don't know what a "Trumpeteer" is supposed to be, other than a personal attack..

That intelligence officials have to dumb things down so far for Trump and butter Trump up so much to even have a chance of getting through to him doesn't concern the OP at all.

*Yawn*....That is what you leftists say about any Republican elected....That they are "dumb".... Get a new bag.

If only you were right about the troops marching into the White House and the coup.

Oh well, hope springs eternal.

I know that is your dream...To devolve this country to third world chaos....People that express what you did here, whether joking or not, are a threat to this country, and to liberty.

That's because you are smart.

Well, thanks....I'm just a simple truck driver, that has lived life, served my country in uniform, raised a family, and doesn't want to see this country weakened just because the liberal left doesn't believe we are any better, as a nation than any other nation, ala Obama....

This is an exceptional country that is a force for good in the world, and without us, the world would be a pretty miserable place.

tumblr_oldjc1Dd2Y1twiwvzo1_500.jpg

;)

Well, thanks....I'm just a simple truck driver, that has lived life, served my country in uniform, raised a family, and doesn't want to see this country weakened just because the liberal left doesn't believe we are any better, as a nation than any other nation, ala Obama....

This is an exceptional country that is a force for good in the world, and without us, the world would be a pretty miserable place.

I'm a liberal and there are definitely nations we are better than. Why do you think we're the worst nation on the planet when liberals are in charge?

*Yawn*....That is what you leftists say about any Republican elected....That they are "dumb".... Get a new bag.

Well ... I didn't say Trump was dumb. I said that intelligence officials had to dumb things down in their attempts to get through to him. I have no idea what his level of intelligence is. But we have daily proof that he is ignorant and profoundly unconcerned with facts.

You complain about people leaking embarrassing things about Trump ... but if he weren't such an embarrassment there wouldn't be so much to leak, nor would there be so many people who felt compelled to put on the record how bad things are.

No, I think that Trump represents an existential threat the establishment can't afford to expose.

Okay, please explain the threat you think Trump represents.

Related : All this angst over a mythical Obama deep state, yet Trump seems unable/unwilling to appoint people. His administration seems to me to have fewer members than it did 6 months into his presidency? Why is Trump losing/firing his staff? Why hasn't he replaced the "Obama deep state"?

Outright conspiracy claptrap. Alex Jones would be proud.

I'm a liberal and there are definitely nations we are better than. Why do you think we're the worst nation on the planet when liberals are in charge?

Maybe you should read it again if that is what you took away from what I wrote...

Well ... I didn't say Trump was dumb. I said that intelligence officials had to dumb things down in their attempts to get through to him. I have no idea what his level of intelligence is. But we have daily proof that he is ignorant and profoundly unconcerned with facts.

You complain about people leaking embarrassing things about Trump ... but if he weren't such an embarrassment there wouldn't be so much to leak, nor would there be so many people who felt compelled to put on the record how bad things are.

Oh Bologna.....You weren't saying he was dumb, just that he was dumb....I don't have time for passive aggressive BS....

What was Peter Strozyk talking about when he spoke of an "Insurance policy" in his texts to his girlfriend?

I agree, so why so much resistance?

What is the existential threat? He cuts regulations, cuts taxes, and throws money at defense contractors. He is constantly giving things to the already wealthy and powerful. Why would they want to get rid of that?

Back
Top Bottom