• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Zimmerman's Past Come Back to Haunt Him?

As a teenager, I never walked slowly in the rain looking at/in houses in an area that has seen a lot of crime. I don't know what they do in your part of the world, though.

They were both suspicious to the other. The way they handled it is the issue. Calling the police is probably the better option. Failing that, getting out of the area would be my second choice.

Did Trayvon know it was a "high crime" area?

You are still trying to make TM responsible for George's behavior.. even though George was the adult... and had all the information. Trayvon had NO information.

As a teenager, I never walked slowly in the rain looking at/in houses in an area that has seen a lot of crime. I don't know what they do in your part of the world, though.

They were both suspicious to the other. The way they handled it is the issue. Calling the police is probably the better option. Failing that, getting out of the area would be my second choice.

While he was on with the NEN operator, he said NOTHING of looking into houses. He said "looking about"

Martin's behavior was also relatively normal for someone casing out a neighborhood to plan a burglary or worse.

You're only saying that because you know what he didn't know. If Martin had been planning on raping Jenna or Selma or Jeannee or Jane, Zimmerman would've been a hero. You cannot convict someone for not being psychic.

TM had no time to case anything.. He was under the mail kiosk and then he ran..

While he was on with the NEN operator, he said NOTHING of looking into houses. He said "looking about"

Do you think the houses weren't there? :2razz:

He ran where George's car couldn't follow.

George was treated with aspirin.

So, Trayvon continued standing around in the rain for no reason? Why didn't he return home again? Oh, that's right... According to you it was because he didn't want to lead the pervert to his house. Do you see the problem with your (lack of) logic yet?

Do you think the houses weren't there? :2razz:

Look at the layout of the complex.. See Slide Show of the Retreat at Twin lakes... Trayvon was never positioned to look into any houses.

Did Trayvon know it was a "high crime" area?

Yes, but not that it matters one iota to why George found it suspicious.

It may just be a good time for you to re-review the NEN call, as George did state looking at houses.

So, Trayvon continued standing around in the rain for no reason? Why didn't he return home again? Oh, that's right... According to you it was because he didn't want to lead the pervert to his house. Do you see the problem with your (lack of) logic yet?

The mail kiosk is quite a ways from his home at the other side of the complex... so when the rain picked up, he stood under the lighted kiosk and talked on the phone.

Martin's behavior was also relatively normal for someone casing out a neighborhood to plan a burglary or worse.

You're only saying that because you know what he didn't know. If Martin had been planning on raping Jenna or Selma or Jeannee or Jane, Zimmerman would've been a hero. You cannot convict someone for not being psychic.

Walking home carrying skittles,Arizona drink, talking on the cell phone , looking about? Sounds like NORMAL teen behavior.

Seriously, what in his actual behavior sounds like he is ready to rape or rob anyone.

The mail kiosk is quite a ways from his home at the other side of the complex... so when the rain picked up, he stood under the lighted kiosk and talked on the phone.

I'm not quite certain how this answers or address your (lack of) logic. You previously claimed that Trayvon didn't return home as he didn't want to lead George there. You then claim that Trayvon thought George was gone because he could never get out of his car - which is why Trayvon just stood around in the rain after running and losing George. Make up your mind.

It may just be a good time for you to re-review the NEN call, as George did state looking at houses.

So was he looking "at houses" or checking them out up close and personal?

When he was "looking about" was he supposed to NOT look at houses? How is someone supposed to do that?

Walking home carrying skittles,Arizona drink, talking on the cell phone , looking about? Sounds like NORMAL teen behavior.

Seriously, what in his actual behavior sounds like he is ready to rape or rob anyone.

Walking around in the rain looking in/at houses with no urgency to get out of the rain in an ara that has seen a lot of crime recently.. Not so "NORMAL teen behavior" to me.

Again, you're assuming George Zimmerman was psychic and knew everything we know now. He didn't know he was just walking home from the gas station. He didn't know he was talking on the phone (I don't think). He didn't know that he WASN'T up to no good. He didn't know that Martin wasn't going to terrorize some family in the neighborhood. He thought he looked suspicious which is why he called the NEN which was his job.

"Looking about"

That's what people do when they are talking on a cellphone.

George is painting a picture of TM either out of malice or his own fantasy of catching a burglar for the police and proving himself.

So was he looking "at houses" or checking them out up close and personal?

When he was "looking about" was he supposed to NOT look at houses? How is someone supposed to do that?

Whatever he was doing, it seemed suspicious. Sounds like, at least according to Wendy Dorival the coordinator of the NW program, a great time to call NEN.

Again, you're assuming George Zimmerman was psychic and knew everything we know now. He didn't know he was just walking home from the gas station. He didn't know he was talking on the phone (I don't think). He didn't know that he WASN'T up to no good. He didn't know that Martin wasn't going to terrorize some family in the neighborhood. He thought he looked suspicious which is why he called the NEN which was his job.

George saw a boy walking and concocted a whole sinister scenario around that.

If the police had shown up before George killed Trayvon, there would have been hell to pay.. and the HOA would have washed their hands of him.

"Looking about"

That's what people do when they are talking on a cellphone.

George is painting a picture of TM either out of malice or his own fantasy of catching a burglar for the police and proving himself.

Or it's exactly what George said. A teenager walking around, without any real purpose, in the rain and looking at houses. I know. It's crazy, but that is by far the most likely.

Whatever he was doing, it seemed suspicious. Sounds like, at least according to Wendy Dorival the coordinator of the NW program, a great time to call NEN.

She was clearer than that.

If the police had shown up before George killed Trayvon, there would have been hell to pay.. and the HOA would have washed their hands of him.

Two words: You're goofy.

Yes, he made the whole thing up. I suppose he bashed his own head into the concrete and broke his own nose, eh?

She was clearer than that.

Yes, she was so clear that she said it's a great idea to call NEN on someone walking aimlessly in the evening in the rain. Not sure how much clear it could have been.

Or it's exactly what George said. A teenager walking around, without any real purpose, in the rain and looking at houses. I know. It's crazy, but that is by far the most likely.

How did George know that TM had NO purpose?

This begins and ends with George's fantasies and his low self esteem.

How did George know that TM had NO purpose?

This begins and ends with George's fantasies and his low self esteem.

Because he is walking slowly in the rain. People with a purpose do not do that... Or did you really not realize this.

Back
Top Bottom