• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Zelensky grace State of Union with an address?

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Why not? Vladimir Zelensky, Defender of Khiev already graced the European Union with an address a few days ago. And it was a hit. To see all those Euro politicos reduced to tears. That was how powerful that delivery was.

I have this feeling Senile Joe will spring a surprise on us. At some point in his State of the Union address the cameras will pan to Kiev and the man of the hour will fill the screen. And he looks the part. Gone are the fancy suits. It is full guerilla outfit, complete with a shadow of a beard, and tired sleepless eyes. Only a beret to complete the Che Guevara image.

I will be watching intently

Why not? Vladimir Zelensky, Defender of Khiev already graced the European Union with an address a few days ago. And it was a hit. To see all those Euro politicos reduced to tears. That was how powerful that delivery was.

I have this feeling Senile Joe will spring a surprise on us. At some point in his State of the Union address the cameras will pan to Kiev and the man of the hour will fill the screen. And he looks the part. Gone are the fancy suits. It is full guerilla outfit, complete with a shadow of a beard, and tired sleepless eyes. Only a beret to complete the Che Guevara image.

The differences in leadership are quite telling, aren't they:

1646164431343.png

1646164378097.png

Why do YOU care if Zelenskyy addresses the United States at tonight's SOTU? You've repeatedly come down on the side of his enemy.

He is busy trying to save his nation from a murderous dictator.
Did you see where the Russian bombed a holocaust memorial? Vile... just vile!!

I'd hope he would!

Apparently, he & Biden spoke this morning, so even if he doesn't video conference in, his desires will likely be elucidated by Biden.

As it is, it seems the Biden administration is producing the event expecting split-screen coverage..

I'd hope he would!

Apparently, he & Biden spoke this morning, so even if he doesn't video conference in, his desires will likely be elucidated by Biden.

As it is, it seems the Biden administration is producing the event expecting split-screen coverage..

I must concede, as a far a Trumpist Russophile is capable, Zelensky has actually outdone all expectations. For an ex actor and novice to politics, he has been incredible at Ukraine's hour of need. I hope he doesnt over stay his Kiev. It is his wish to engage in combat. I prefer he does not. Nevertheless it is heroic. It is difficult for me as a Russophile, but one must salute heroism wherever it shines.

He is busy trying to save his nation from a murderous dictator.
Did you see where the Russian bombed a holocaust memorial? Vile... just vile!!

Yet he had time to call Biden this morning, and also the E.U, to say nothing of his extensive morning interview with CNN?

Zelensky would jump at the opportunity to speak directly to Congress & the American People.

War, or no war, PR is a huge part of his leadership. Zelensky has shown he has great chops in this regard, and he realizes he needs to win the PR war if he is to win the shooting war. So far, he's been kicking Putin's ass in the media, and that's in large part why he's garnered unprecedented support from NATO, the EU, and the world. SOTU would be his highest & possibly most effectual stage.

Yet he had time to call Biden this morning, and also the E.U, to say nothing of his extensive morning interview with CNN?

Zelensky would jump at the opportunity to speak directly to Congress & the American People.

War, or no war, PR is a huge part of his leadership. Zelensky has shown he has great chops in this regard, and he realizes he needs to win the PR war if he is to win the shooting war. So far, he's been kicking Putin's ass in the media, and that's in large part why he's garnered unprecedented support from NATO, the EU, and the world. SOTU would be his highest & possibly most effectual stage.

War, as Clautzewitz put it, is pursuit of politics by other means. Zelensky has excelled on that. I have to grudgingly concede that. Zelensky has bettered Putin on the political front by miles. I agree with you.

I must concede, as a far a Trumpist Russophile is capable, Zelensky has actually outdone all expectations. For an ex actor and novice to politics, he has been incredible at Ukraine's hour of need. I hope he doesnt over stay his Kiev. It is his wish to engage in combat. I prefer he does not. Nevertheless it is heroic. It is difficult for me as a Russophile, but one must salute heroism wherever it shines.

Excellent post, Juin.

Ukraine's ability to survive the shooting war, is in large part dependent upon Zelensky winning the PR/Media war. So far, he seems to be doing that. It helps that Zelensky would seem to have what many believe is the more righteous hand. And without doubt, Zelensky is courageous! But regardless, he has proven himself deft in image, media, and PR themselves.

Okay he is not busy with a war. Got it?

To stay within the kindergarten parameters that this thread seems to propose, I guess the OP has never seen Putin in military garb.

Like:

Putin in military garb.JPG

Still an improvement at the time over playing Sitting Bull:

Puin playing Tarzan.JPG

Zelensky is mastering the art of “Hunger Games”. He is using media to get much needed support flowing into his country.

Bravo to him.

I’m not sure if having him speak at the State of the Union address is appropriate - the SOTU is a presidential address to Congress and the American people.

Yes, this would seem to be Putin's way.
And Zelenskyy's best defense is his television and PR appearances. People love him. If he is brutally assassinated at this point, this may actually work against Putin.

To stay within the kindergarten parameters that this thread seems to propose, I guess the OP has never seen Putin in military garb.

Like:

View attachment 67377705

Still an improvement at the time over playing Sitting Bull:

View attachment 67377706

Hey, the OP's proposal is not outlandish at all.

Just this morning, Zelenski addressed the E.U. Parliament meeting via video-conferencing!

And in another other thread, I suggested this very thing as the OP, even suggesting it should be on a delay line.

Biden & Zelensky just spoke several hours ago, and I suspect it very much was to work on a collaborated message for the SOTU.

It is not his nation. It is more accurately a disputed nation. But he has a better claim west of the Dnieper.

ooooo puleeeeeeze
Other than Russia, who is disputing Ukraine's sovereignty? Belarus?

Zelensky is mastering the art of “Hunger Games”. He is using media to get much needed support flowing into his country.

Bravo to him.

I’m not sure if having him speak at the State of the Union address is appropriate - the SOTU is a presidential address to Congress and the American people.

Zelensky's only hope to win the shooting war, is to win the PR/Media war. That's how he united the world behind him in unprecedented ways, and why I'm sure Putin is trying to zero-in on him & his communication infrastructure.

Interestingly, it seems the U.S. had been meeting with Zelenski for months, in order to work with him to ensure he had a robust & secure communications infrastructure for this very possibility (Putin invasion). It seems to be holding, for now.

maybe Tucker Carlson can give the rebuttal.

And Zelenskyy's best defense is his television and PR appearances. People love him. If he is brutally assassinated at this point, this may actually work against Putin.

Zelensky needs to win the PR war in order to win the shooting war . . .

Reactions: lwf
Hey, the OP's proposal is not outlandish at all.
I was referring to the obvious objection to Zelenskiy's military garb, as donned.

That seemed to me rather childish, even where I prefer to dress in dinner suits when about to be bombarded.

Just this morning, Zelenski addressed the E.U. Parliament meeting via video-conferencing!

And in another other thread, I suggested this very thing as the OP, even suggesting it should be on a delay line.

Biden & Zelensky just spoke several hours ago, and I suspect it very much was to work on a collaborated message for the SOTU.
I have no dispute with or on any of that, so just relax, eh?;)

Zelensky's only hope to win the shooting war, is to win the PR/Media war. That's how he united the world behind him in unprecedented ways, and why I'm sure Putin is trying to zero-in on him & his communication infrastructure.

Interestingly, it seems the U.S. had been meeting with Zelenski for months, in order to work with him to ensure he had a robust & secure communications infrastructure for this very possibility (Putin invasion). It seems to be holding, for now.
He's handling it masterfully. That man has really stepped up in incredible ways and has inspired his country and the world.

Back
Top Bottom