• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you shake hands after the pandemic?

Will you shake hands with people after the pandemic is over?

• Total voters
Bowing is a large part of Japanese culture and being able to bow properly - which depends on social position - is actually a sign of being a grown up.

If I’m introduced to the audience at a gig (I’m a musician) I always give a slight bow as a sign of respect and thanks to the audience.
I lived in japan for four years. There is a pecking order to the bow. Lowest rank bows down the most. That slight bow you give is more like a nod of the head. But, yeah, bowing at the end of a performance is common. it's not the same a personal bow when greeting an individual. That bow is demeaning, unless you're top dog.

I didn't like shaking hands before the pandemic, and I'm not a germaphobe. It made me uncomfortable trying to figure out what the proper pressure of a handshake should be and worrying if perhaps there was sweat on my hands for whatever reason.

After I get my second vaccination I’ll be open to, and gladly take part in:

Shaking hands
Fist bumping
High-fives
Hugging
Kissing cheeks
Deep tongues
Grinding
Dry humping

Come at me yo !!! I’ll be ready!!!!
Already gave opinion on shaking hands.

I actually don't mind fist bumps at all.

High fives are another awkward one, but ranks higher for me than shaking hands.

I like to hug but I won't initiate unless I know the person well.

Kissing cheeks is not something I'm comfortable actually doing to others, except family, but don't mind others doing just that.

The rest are way pass comfort zone for anyone but husband in privacy.

thought of this thread immediately upon seeing this poster in the restroom of a local BBQ restaurant:

3FFF15F0-C77A-4E31-BE22-A40FE78C5EE2_1_105_c.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom