• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will You Revolt if Trump is Impeached ?

Will you revolt if Trump is impeached ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Utility Man

Sidewalk Inspector
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump supposedly said he thinks people will revolt if he is impeached.

U.S. President Donald Trump sits for an exclusive interview with Reuters journalists in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington, U.S. December 11, 2018. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

....“It’s hard to impeach somebody who hasn’t done anything wrong and who’s created the greatest economy in the history of our country,” Trump told Reuters in an Oval Office interview.

“I’m not concerned, no. I think that the people would revolt if that happened,” he said....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ached-defends-payments-to-women-idUSKBN1OB01N

Really simple poll question.

Will you revolt if Trump is impeached ? Yes or No

Feel free to add opinions and/or general comments about things like, what the revolt might be like, who you think might or might not revolt and what your or their activities and ultimate goals might be, etc etc.

Thanks.

No.

Trump is a dangerous, childish, easily led mess. Pence would totally suck, but competently.

Some may revolt if he is not impeached.

If by revolt, you mean laugh heartily and buy people rounds of beer at the pub....then yes...

Feel free to add opinions and/or general comments about things like, what the revolt might be like, who you think might or might not revolt and what your or their activities and ultimate goals might be, etc etc.

Thanks.
Everyone should really be taken back by a statement where a sitting president is openly inviting civil chaos to save his ass.

No revolt...I heard it's going to rain that day.

Maybe something to think about, not the first time Trump has mentioned people revolting.

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

:coffeepap

Maybe something to think about, not the first time Trump has mentioned people revolting.

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

:coffeepap

Amazing how his old tweets are prescient, predicting accurately the outcome of his own election/presidency.

While I find Trump revolting, I don't plan to revolt whether he is impeached or not. Actually, I'd rather not see him impeached. I think this nation is strong enough to survive another two years of his inability to govern. Moreover, if he is impeached, then the Trumper Party will have a martyr to their cause and will be painting him as an American hero for decades to come. If, on the other hand, he loses the nomination in 2020, it will be the Republican Party itself rejecting him and Trumperism will soon be dead.

Thanks.

Revolt. Too broad of a term to answer your poll.

Please clarify.

Impossible he could ever be impeached with the Republicans controlling the senate.

Perhaps a better question is how will the country react when he dies?

I would NOT "revolt."

"Revolting" would only get my butt kicked by the powers that be.

Besides, although I voted for Mr. Trump and feel that he's been trying to do his best for our divisive country, he is not worth "revolting" for.

If he is impeached (and convicted), the American people will just accept it stoically.

I can tell you one thing: Trump supporters will accept the impeachment much more graciously than how many Democrats have reacted to Donald J. Trump's election over that woman, who just this week is still criticizing him in public.

P.S If he is impeached, I get the feeling that there will be peaceful consequences for the Democrats down the line, but I do not know what they would be.

Revolt. Too broad of a term to answer your poll.

Please clarify.

Answer as if you knew what Trump meant.....

“I’m not concerned, no. I think that the people would revolt if that happened,”

;)

Answer as if you knew what Trump meant.....

;)

I can't read his mind any more than I can read your mind.

I'll leave the mind reading up to the Trump haters...they like to do that.

I might revolt; depends on what grounds he's impeached. I wouldn't have impeached Bill Clinton for getting BJ's in the Oval Office even if he did lie about it. He simply didn't want that hag of a wife Hillary finding out about it. Totally normal husband response. Like Hillary had no suspicions... If President Trump gets brought up on Kangeroo charges I'll revolt. If they can prove something like treason, I'll provide the rope myself.

I hope the two "yes" votes were made in sarcasm because, um...yeah....

Why the hell would anyone revolt if anyone is impeached? Impeachment a lawful process provided for in the Constitution.

Revolting? I'd be celebrating! :2party:

P.S. those things look like the old 7up spots. :lol:

I might revolt; depends on what grounds he's impeached. I wouldn't have impeached Bill Clinton for getting BJ's in the Oval Office even if he did lie about it. He simply didn't want that hag of a wife Hillary finding out about it. Totally normal husband response. Like Hillary had no suspicions... If President Trump gets brought up on Kangeroo charges I'll revolt. If they can prove something like treason, I'll provide the rope myself.

Red:
That's just as well, for he wasn't impeached for getting BJ's in the Oval office.

Impossible he could ever be impeached with the Republicans controlling the senate.

The Senate doesn't have a damn thing to do with impeaching anyone. The House impeaches, the Senate "convicts" or doesn't.

Amazing how his old tweets are prescient, predicting accurately the outcome of his own election/presidency.

While I find Trump revolting, I don't plan to revolt whether he is impeached or not. Actually, I'd rather not see him impeached. I think this nation is strong enough to survive another two years of his inability to govern. Moreover, if he is impeached, then the Trumper Party will have a martyr to their cause and will be painting him as an American hero for decades to come. If, on the other hand, he loses the nomination in 2020, it will be the Republican Party itself rejecting him and Trumperism will soon be dead.

If we were alone in the world it wouldnt matter, but there are people like Putin who are not going to just wait it out.

Which, the lying or the blow job from an intern?

Because neither are a normal response for most husbands.

That depends on what the investigations say in the end. The diehard Trump supporters will just build a conspiracy theory around Trump. But the average American will not be able to turn a blind eye on the results of those investigations. I suspect unless trump kills over soon the country will think of him as an embarrassment or worse.

You have a plan or are just going to wing it?

The Senate doesn't have a damn thing to do with impeaching anyone. The House impeaches, the Senate "convicts" or doesn't.

Ok , phrase it this way he will never be convicted.

Back
Top Bottom