• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you ever respect you Trumpist neighbors again?

cpwill said:
A) Trump were to mock someone with a medical condition
B) Someone were to respond to that by mocking Trump
C) Trump supporters then responded to that by talking about how awful it was for person B to go around mocking people, claiming people who disagree with Trump are just those kind of folks
Could you please use my example in your explanation?
Do you see why that example would be ironically funny? Why, in such a case, we would say that Trump defenders there were self-unaware?

So... you are making a claim that the right wing is going to go into insurrection and create a wave of violence when

A) Not only has this not started, but
B) not only have there been no serious indications of them doing so, but
C) right wing protest has been significantly less violent than left wing protest, which has actually engaged in the kinds of actions your describing....

...and we are somehow the ones who are being pre-mature :D

Can you hear yourself, man?

Respectfully, given how quickly you dive into such scenarios, it appears to be something that interests you quite a lot.

I can hear you singing yet another verse of "It Can't Happen Here" but meanwhile....

Texas Trump supporters say they’re ready to take up arms the minute the president gives the order

In an interview with Reuters, Texas-based chiropractor Brett Fryar says he has joined a militia group called the South Plains Patriots who are conducting firearms training sessions in case they need to stage an armed revolt against the American government.

But the calls for war go as far back as four years ago, here's Trumpstock, an event that took place in 2019.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Trump’s re-election is not successful.
“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”

Mr. Villalta's Facebook page apparently got deleted because it had become a wall of threats of violence.
I wonder if he's on MeinSpace (Parler) now.
He's certainly on ProAmericaONLY.
Hmmmm, they seem nice. 🤣

Now, do I expect an 1861-1865 style civil war, with armies?
No, of course not.
I expect a rash of sporadic and random senseless violence, mass shootings, bomb threats and assassination attempts.
I expect a lot of marches in areas where all those pencil necked little antifa geeks hang out and pretty much ZERO incursions into areas like Compton or East Los Angeles, where I live.
Notice how you don't see these far Right toy soldiers marching in areas like that, they'd fold like a house of cards, and two thirds of them would be running for cover.

I don't think this "civil war" would be successful, but it doesn't HAVE to be.
All that's needed is the optics.
It is the optics which will damage this country, not two armies.

Now get busy and go back to "taking my temperature" and "expressing concern".

i won't do business with them either.
I'd like to see a registry started so i don't accidentally patronize a lowlifes business.

They're always saying to vote with your dollars. Maybe that's because voting with votes leads to civil war.

Most of them in my neighborhood have come to terms with the loss,and took down their signs. But one guy still had his up.

He isn't some uneducated backwoods bubba either. We live in an upper middle class town where most people have graduated from college.

It blows my mind that he's hanging on to these wild conspiracy theories.

It blows my mind that he's hanging on to these wild conspiracy theories.

It should not if you understand people. People believe what they want to believe, what makes them happy. Has little to do with intelligence.

Trump has 2 kids of supporters, the failed white guy who feels absolution for his failing from Trump (the Mexicans and blacks are favored over you)

The greedy. Those that are just selfish and self centered by nature. Just makes it OK to be this way to them.

Impossible to answer, because (A) I haven't been proven right OR wrong yet and (B) nobody knows what the factors will be.

Given that we've seen this sort of thing play out (and fail to play out) more than a few times before, we actually do have a fairly good idea of what key drivers are and will be.

Can I borrow your time machine?

The "Well It Hasn't Happened Or Failed To Happen Yet" defense works equally well with what you are proposing and the hypothesis that Biden will suddenly reveal himself to be a Lizard Person alien and announce the upcoming conquering of earth and ending of humanity as a free species.

If you wish, I accept that your assessed likely future is at least as credible as that one :)

If I am proven wrong, and the Proud Boys, Bundy Clan, III%-ers, tiki torch boys, Klan and Nazis stay quiet, I won't have the least bit of difficulty admitting it.

Excellent. And, in such a case, why will you have been wrong?

It should not if you understand people. People believe what they want to believe, what makes them happy. Has little to do with intelligence.

Trump has 2 kids of supporters, the failed white guy who feels absolution for his failing from Trump (the Mexicans and blacks are favored over you)

The greedy. Those that are just selfish and self centered by nature. Just makes it OK to be this way to them.

If the only possible reason you can imagine for why someone would come to a different conclusion than you wrt domestic politics is that they are evil, then the problem is likely with you, rather than them.

Will you ever respect you Trumpist neighbors again?

I know I wont. Not out of malice or to be vindictive but rather because they have exposed themselves.

TRump cultists turned their back on America in favor of hate, orange hate. I will never look at them the same.

Will you?

Sounds like a good methodology to align with Biden's attempt to unify the nation. Brilliant!

Some things are more important than politics but those who express hate toward me and my family are not people I will associate with. Alito saying that the expression of bigoted, racist speech is free speech is not something I view as an American value or what our Constitution stands for.
Its fascinating. His supporters liked him because he wasn't a 'politician', because he transcended the norms of politics and he spoke to larger cultural and social issues in this country, he was the anti-PC guy who did not give a rat's ass about conventional thinking, conventional standards, or what any one else thought. When he was on the rise, this was the basis of their adoration. Now that his political power is on the descent, we are told not to judge Trump supporters as people based on their politics.

They were right the first time. He not only transcended the norms of politics, he corroded our culture, undermined our sense of values and warped our common decency, and they have been an active participant to the process. They enabled him, and now they want to pretend this was about tax cuts, bringing troops home, and renegotiating trade deals.

If the only possible reason you can imagine for why someone would come to a different conclusion than you wrt domestic politics is that they are evil, then the problem is likely with you, rather than them.

Smarten up. One must be lesser morally or ethically to support Trump.

This has zero to do with politics. This is good vs evil.

No matter how much you may agree with trashing our standing in the world, destabilizing the world, blowing up our economic health, sending hundreads of thousands to slaughter through disease, what a return to segregation or slavery, you still have a moral obligation before God to reject the man Trump.

Sounds like a good methodology to align with Biden's attempt to unify the nation. Brilliant!

He is a fool for trying. Trumpism forbids rational response to good will.

The key word is 'respect.' They have shown who they are but I don't have to engage with them other than exchanging pleasantries.

The key word is 'respect.' They have shown who they are but I don't have to engage with them other than exchanging pleasantries.
leftists haven't shown respect in 4+ years. it is hard to shown something when you don't know the definitions of the words that are used.

leftists haven't shown respect in 4+ years. it is hard to shown something when you don't know the definitions of the words that are used.
Thanks for expressing your opinion.

Given that we've seen this sort of thing play out (and fail to play out) more than a few times before, we actually do have a fairly good idea of what key drivers are and will be.

The "Well It Hasn't Happened Or Failed To Happen Yet" defense works equally well with what you are proposing and the hypothesis that Biden will suddenly reveal himself to be a Lizard Person alien and announce the upcoming conquering of earth and ending of humanity as a free species.

If you wish, I accept that your assessed likely future is at least as credible as that one :)

Excellent. And, in such a case, why will you have been wrong?

If it turns out my cocktail napkin forecast on outlier extremist group actions were overestimated, the reason will possibly be related to two main factors, (A) funding drying up, these misadventures are expensive and (B) perception that they are losing popular support.

And the latter is what drives my prediction that they will indeed try to create trouble.
My perception is that these outfits are enjoying lots of popular support.
Trump has actually managed to drastically change how we communicate on even the most basic level.

It's like waking up one morning and discovering that there's an individual who OWNS the COLOR RED.
Yeah crazy....huh? They OWN the color red, anything and everything that is red means they're getting some money, it is their color and they get paid for anything and everything that has ever been red.
That is how nuts it is to see how much Trump has altered the most basic discourse in this great country.

And when an individual in power manages to do that, it is extremely sobering.

Thanks for expressing your opinion.
not opinion facts. you can simply look at the forum.
you talk about respect but do not know what it is.

not opinion facts. you can simply look at the forum.
you talk about respect but do not know what it is.
I'm off to view other threads. Have a great day, ludin!

I'm off to view other threads. Have a great day, ludin!
concession noted.
next time maybe show respect first.
don't call people deplorable and all the other nasty names you leftists have thrown at people.

democrats the so called open minded and tolerant party lmao yea right.

If it turns out my cocktail napkin forecast on outlier extremist group actions were overestimated, the reason will possibly be related to two main factors, (A) funding drying up, these misadventures are expensive and (B) perception that they are losing popular support.

And the latter is what drives my prediction that they will indeed try to create trouble.
My perception is that these outfits are enjoying lots of popular support.
Trump has actually managed to drastically change how we communicate on even the most basic level.

It's like waking up one morning and discovering that there's an individual who OWNS the COLOR RED.
Yeah crazy....huh? They OWN the color red, anything and everything that is red means they're getting some money, it is their color and they get paid for anything and everything that has ever been red.
That is how nuts it is to see how much Trump has altered the most basic discourse in this great country.

And when an individual in power manages to do that, it is extremely sobering.

More pretending? The breakdown began long before Trump announced his presidential run.

Liberals on DP are every bit as responsible for the incivility.

Go ahead and prove me wrong.

He is a fool for trying. Trumpism forbids rational response to good will.

I 100% agree with your first sentence, and it's ironic to consider unity after the last 4 years of verbal and physical attacks from the left. He's just checking boxes so he can reference back to it in the future .. "I called for Americans to come together as one .. blah blah blah"

I 100% agree with your first sentence, and it's ironic to consider unity after the last 4 years of verbal and physical attacks from the left. He's just checking boxes so he can reference back to it in the future .. "I called for Americans to come together as one .. blah blah blah"

this post wreaks of alternate universe

this post wreaks of alternate universe

I see .. I must have dreamt about all the accusations of white supremacy, Nazism, racism and victimhood, not to mention the onslaught of riots, looting and destruction across the United States.

Back
Top Bottom