• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you be a pro life or choice parent

SheWolf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The other thread "Are you parents pro life or choice" made me think of starting this thread.

Lifers,

What will be your attitude while raising your children. Would you respect them if they had an abortion?

I am talking about your children as adults and making their own decisions.

I find that people who have had abortions, and have extremely pro life parents, don't tell their parents... so it's sort of like you have decide if you want to know or not. You have to decide if you'd respect your own child making a choice you don't agree with. I think that is something all parents have to deal with in one way or another, so what are your thoughts?

I've already raised my children.
I'm pro-choice, of course.

I will raise my children as pro-life. And I would never support my child having an abortion.

The other thread "Are you parents pro life or choice" made me think of starting this thread.

Lifers,

What will be your attitude while raising your children. Would you respect them if they had an abortion?

I find that people who have had abortions, and have extremely pro life parents, don't tell their parents... so it's sort of like you have decide if you want to know or not. You have to decide if you'd respect your own child making a choice you don't agree with. I think that is something all parents have to deal with in one way or another, so what are your thoughts?

BTDT. I declined to have anything to do with the proceedure, or support it in any way. I didn't disown her, but she knows where I stand on these things.

I will raise my children as pro-life. And I would never support my child having an abortion.

Would you disown your child if they had an abortion? or do any parents think they would?

BTDT. I declined to have anything to do with the proceedure, or support it in any way. I didn't disown her, but she knows where I stand on these things.

Was your child an adult at the time?

Would you disown your child if they had an abortion? or do any parents think they would?

As a parent I would always have unconditional love for my children, and they will always be my children. However, I will express my extreme dislike and I won't be afraid to tell them they have committed murder.

I raised my daughter that abortion was against *our* religion. As she got older, and I got wiser, my mind opened.

As a parent I would always have unconditional love for my children, and they will always be my children. However, I will express my extreme dislike and I won't be afraid to tell them they have committed murder.

That's so easy to say as you sit here typing about a non-existent offspring.

That's so easy to say as you sit here typing about a non-existent offspring.

I know it's easier, but even though I'm an unwed adult with no kids that's how I feel about things. I have had friends who have had abortions, and I don't disown them or cut my friendships with them in regards to those things. I voice my opinion on it as anyone would, but I don't despise them or disown them as my friends.

I know it's easier, but even though I'm an unwed adult with no kids that's how I feel about things. I have had friends who have had abortions, and I don't disown them or cut my friendships with them in regards to those things. I voice my opinion on it as anyone would, but I don't despise them or disown them as my friends.

Not as anyone would. There are boundaries.

Even knowing you would be kicking your child when they need you most - you would say such a thing to them? See, I have a daughter. I can picture the look on her face if I ever ... I couldn't. I love her too much. My child is more important than me putting my self-righteous attitude out there.

Not as anyone would. There are boundaries.

Even knowing you would be kicking your child when they need you most - you would say such a thing to them? See, I have a daughter. I can picture the look on her face if I ever ... I couldn't. I love her too much. My child is more important than me putting my self-righteous attitude out there.

I wouldn't be kicking them. I would be disciplining them. I would never support her murdering her unborn child, and I would express my belief that it's murder. Because I love my child I will teach and discipline with love. I will support her, but I would not support her decision nor will I approve of her choice. Because I love her I will express my views. Would you disown your child if they joined the Westboro Church and called for the killing of gays?

I wouldn't be kicking them. I would be disciplining them. I would never support her murdering her unborn child, and I would express my belief that it's murder. Because I love my child I will teach and discipline with love. I will support her, but I would not support her decision nor will I approve of her choice. Because I love her I will express my views. Would you disown your child if they joined the Westboro Church and called for the killing of gays?

I'm a bit nauseated by your post. If you'll excuse me.

I don't know how you can people friend's with people you see as murders.. and I don't know how they can be friends with you..

I think your child joining a religion you don't agree with isn't even close to "murdering" somebody else... I know some people who were in cults, so I would be more concerned for their safety than anything else..

But if my kid did actually murder a gay, I wouldn't want to see them again.. unless they changed and stopped being a bigot, but it would take a lot. I would be embarrassed by my child, and think I failed.

On the other hand, I think betty boop was making some good points about your child needing you if considering abortion. You can choose to be there for her not, but she isn't even obligated to reach out to after all, so if you say that stuff enough in front of your child.. she'll probably never come to you if that is ever reality. She would probably go to one of your friends who had abortion before and talk to them instead.

I think if your child is going to get an abortion, it isn't the time to be preachy about the issue. It isn't the time to express your opinion on the matter, it isn't the time to call them a murderer. All they need is your love and support, because it is their choice, and if you are argumentative about it, it won't stop them, and will only drive them away from you. Just give them the love, and support they need, because they are going to need it. Choosing to have an abortion isn't an easy decision, and they don't need to have any outside grief about it. Because the internal grief, for both the mother, and father of the baby, is more than enough.

I'm raising them pro-choice.

I think if your child is going to get an abortion, it isn't the time to be preachy about the issue. It isn't the time to express your opinion on the matter, it isn't the time to call them a murderer. All they need is your love and support, because it is their choice, and if you are argumentative about it, it won't stop them, and will only drive them away from you. Just give them the love, and support they need, because they are going to need it. Choosing to have an abortion isn't an easy decision, and they don't need to have any outside grief about it. Because the internal grief, for both the mother, and father of the baby, is more than enough.

If they're a minor it most certainly is the right of the parent to voice their opinion.

If they're a minor it most certainly is the right of the parent to voice their opinion.

Sure. Parents have that right. And just as in the rest of life, they can then deal with the fallout. If a child does not know by the time she becomes pregnant what mom and/or dad think about abortion, she sure as **** doesn't need to hear it during or after the fact. Murder? Yeah, I'd love to fast-forward to those conversations. I am the parent of a 29 year-old. I'm talking from the other end of the tunnel here.

By that time the parents should be kicking themselves for not giving their child a proper sexual education so that this situation could have been avoided. They can express their opinions on the matter before the teenager is even pregnant. But while she is pregnant, and considering an abortion it is not the time to question, or call her a murderer.

By that time the parents should be kicking themselves for not giving their child a proper sexual education so that this situation could have been avoided. They can express their opinions on the matter before the teenager is even pregnant. But while she is pregnant, and considering an abortion it is not the time to question, or call her a murderer.

Yes, it is. If that's how they feel and that's what they want to do.

I choose to keep open lines of communication with my kids without judging. I choose to provide them with birth control and condoms. I choose to teach them abortion is an availible option and there's nothing wrong with getting one. Those are my choices.

There's no right or wrong. There's my choice and tge choices other parents make in their household.

I should have known better to post in this bait thread. This will be my last post here.

As a pro-life person I believe abortion is murder. I will not compromise or change my beliefs if one of my daughters had an abortion. I would still support her and be there emotionally for her. But I will explain that she has screwed up and committed a horrible atrocity. I believe in forgiving people when they ask for it and forgiving them in the heart when they don't ask. I will always have unconditional love for my children, that will never change. However, if I didn't love my children I would stay silent on abortion. I love my children enough to correct their mistakes with love.

I am no longer going to post in this blatant bait thread of pro-life individuals. I was a fool for doing it in the first place.

I love my children enough to correct their mistakes with love.

Digsbe, I am a 52 year-old woman. You DID push some buttons when you described how you'd handle it, because I'm a bit of an empath, and I do have a child. I can picture the look on her face, and know her reaction if I did as you intend. It is not "Correcting with love" to say "you have screwed up and committed a horrible atrocity ... murder." It's just not. That's no correction, that's a judgement and condemnation.

I should have known better to post in this bait thread. This will be my last post here.

As a pro-life person I believe abortion is murder. I will not compromise or change my beliefs if one of my daughters had an abortion. I would still support her and be there emotionally for her. But I will explain that she has screwed up and committed a horrible atrocity. I believe in forgiving people when they ask for it and forgiving them in the heart when they don't ask. I will always have unconditional love for my children, that will never change. However, if I didn't love my children I would stay silent on abortion. I love my children enough to correct their mistakes with love.

I am no longer going to post in this blatant bait thread of pro-life individuals. I was a fool for doing it in the first place.

This isn't a bait thread.. that wasn't my intention. I am trying to understand you.. I just don't understand how you are friends with people you see as murderers. What does a person have to do before you go... ok, that's enough, I can't be friends with a ________ anymore.

I mean... my nephew came home with a notebook full of racist rants and drawings, saying he was an "Aryan Angel." It grossed me out, and my sister and I were really upset. He didn't go back to that babysitter because of that... You don't want your kids around certain people you know. I don't get where you are coming from.

Lifers,

I'm very much pro-life, I'll do everything I can to raise my children to be pro-life. In the event of an unintended pregnancy, my children would know that they'd have every ounce of support from my wife and I in keeping the child. If one (or more) of them still decided it was in their best interest to get an abortion, I would be deeply disappointed, but would still love my child.

Back
Top Bottom