• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will we ever accept weed as a social norm?

For many companies, yes. In fact, it is the increase in health insurance premiums that have many businesses looking to cut costs wherever possible.

But no, it's not the only reason. There are plenty. Safety, trustworthiness, and character are three that come to mind immediately. I think the last two definitely aren't guarantees they are bad though, with regards to marijuana.

I stand corrected in my assumptions. Your trustworthiness and character have been improved, IMO, by recognizing this instead of running on with some tired tirade about how evil and stupid people are when it comes to not accepting marijuana.

And I agree, just because someone smokes marijuana doesn't necessarily make them unsafe, untrustworthy, or a person of bad character.

Progress?

You call being socially acceptable to be stoned all day progress?

Progress towards what exactly?

There would be regulations and rules-just like we have with alcohol.

You can be served by some stoned retard waiter/waitress at a restaraunt, eating food made by a guy who was stoned out of his mind if you want to.

Why must you use the R word? :(

I must giggle over the thought of stoned waters and chefs taking over. Maybe they would give us consumers more food cause they down with da munchies. :)

That wasn't what you asked.

You asked what about it is degenerate.

The very nature of partaking in something that is criminal to grow, criminal to buy, criminal to use, is degenerate in nature. You can justify it by civil disobediance but that doesn't magically change what it is. People can justify murdering someone too, doesn't mean its any less illegal. People can justify why it was okay to drink and drive, doesn't make it any less illegal or degenerate.

You asked why its degenerate, and I gave you a reason.

I really feel anything you can plant and make grow Naturally in your own yard, home, etc? Should be legal.

Weed would be just as acceptable in those situations, however getting stoned outside of those venues is not. and again, when someone smokes dope they get high. When someone drinks they have to drink to excess to get high.

This is untrue. I have a friend who is very small/tiny and she can drink a beer or glass of wine and be totally buzzed. She can do a shot and it can make her high. It just depends on the person and body weight, height does come into play when it comes to this.

This is untrue. I have a friend who is very small/tiny and she can drink a beer or glass of wine and be totally buzzed. She can do a shot and it can make her high. It just depends on the person and body weight, height does come into play when it comes to this.
With any generalization one can come up with an extreme example to dispute it. That does not negate the legitimacy of my point.

Back
Top Bottom