• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump's moves force Dems to investigate him?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was hoping that the Dems in the House would begin by doing the Nations's business, but now I wonder if the stupid moves by Trump will force them to begin with the investigations. The ham fisted attempt to try and stop the investigation by Mueller by firing Sessions and putting Whitaker in his place will force the Dems in the House to do as their constituents want them to do, go after Trump. I was hoping that some of the Dems were telling the truth when they said there was so much work to be done on other subjects that any investigations would have to be second. Now Trump's moves to end the investigation of Mueller, and the GOpers in Congress seemingly lack of going after him for doing so as they said in the past they would do, is going to force this never ending investigation to continue. It will not continue as it should by the professionals in the FBI headed by Mueller, but with the starts and stops and the constant court battles in the House.

I was hoping that the Dems in the House would begin by doing the Nations's business, but now I wonder if the stupid moves by Trump will force them to begin with the investigations. The ham fisted attempt to try and stop the investigation by Mueller by firing Sessions and putting Whitaker in his place will force the Dems in the House to do as their constituents want them to do, go after Trump. I was hoping that some of the Dems were telling the truth when they said there was so much work to be done on other subjects that any investigations would have to be second. Now Trump's moves to end the investigation of Mueller, and the GOpers in Congress seemingly lack of going after him for doing so as they said in the past they would do, is going to force this never ending investigation to continue. It will not continue as it should by the professionals in the FBI headed by Mueller, but with the starts and stops and the constant court battles in the House.

LOL. Like they needed a new reason to investigate the man. They will be doing nothing but investigating Trump for the next two years and that was always their plan. But I will give you props for the attempt to blame Trump for what the dems are about to do.

Sorry but I think you're giddy at the thought of Trump being investigated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

LOL. Like they needed a new reason to investigate the man.

True enough - the GOP sure abandoned/abdicated their oversight role with regard to the Trump WH.

They will be doing nothing but investigating Trump for the next two years and that was always their plan. But I will give you props for the attempt to blame Trump for what the dems are about to do.

Right, because the 235 or however many Democrats in the House are only capable of doing one thing at a time. Walk and chew gum - at...the...same...time???? Unpossible!

Sorry but I think you're giddy at the thought of Trump being investigated.

Actually I am not. After all of these years of the GOP investigating Hillary, I was hoping that the Dems would see the light and let Mueller do the investigating while they did the nations business. If anyone will get to the truth of the whole thing, it will be the professionals, not the politico's. And then we can leave that behind us. If Trump shuts down or limits the Mueller investigation, you must realize that the Dems will go after Trump with a vengeance, and they should. And without Trump's actions the Dems would have been blamed for furthering the investigation, which would have been a political boon for the GOP in the next election, especially if no evidence of wrong doing is found. So no, I am not happy about this at all.

Can Trump do anything that you liberals don’t think has something to do with Mueller, liberals are stupid idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I am not. After all of these years of the GOP investigating Hillary, I was hoping that the Dems would see the light and let Mueller do the investigating while they did the nations business. If anyone will get to the truth of the whole thing, it will be the professionals, not the politico's. And then we can leave that behind us. If Trump shuts down or limits the Mueller investigation, you must realize that the Dems will go after Trump with a vengeance, and they should. And without Trump's actions the Dems would have been blamed for furthering the investigation, which would have been a political boon for the GOP in the next election, especially if no evidence of wrong doing is found. So no, I am not happy about this at all.

My apologies if I misjudged you. I was going off the zeal of your posts in the past when it comes to being critical of Trump.

I will say I agree with you that the dems will use this appointment as ammo against Trump but I don't agree that if he had not done this the dems would not of ramped up the investigations. They were going to find an excuse no matter what. If I was trump I would think long and hard about who I appoint next because it will be that person between the houses calls for investigations and him.

Him putting in somebody they hate in the interim probably makes the Permanent appoint an easier get for him because until he gets somebody through they will be stuck with whittaker

My apologies if I misjudged you. I was going off the zeal of your posts in the past when it comes to being critical of Trump.

I will say I agree with you that the dems will use this appointment as ammo against Trump but I don't agree that if he had not done this the dems would not of ramped up the investigations. They were going to find an excuse no matter what. If I was trump I would think long and hard about who I appoint next because it will be that person between the houses calls for investigations and him.

Him putting in somebody they hate in the interim probably makes the Permanent appoint an easier get for him because until he gets somebody through they will be stuck with whittaker

There are also GOpers that are not happy with Trump's appointment of Whitaker, and not for what he may do to the Mueller investigation. He is certainly not qualified and his past statements show him to be the wrong man for the job. His employment history does not help either. There are many good conservative, GOP people who are qualified and would make great AG's, Whitaker is certainly not one of them. He also seems to be just a yes man for the President and will be the President's lawyer instead of the AG for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom