• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump's alleged comments hurt him in the electoral college?

Will it hurt him in the electoral college?

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you guys think that Trump's alleged comments about troops are going to hurt him? Trump did say in the past that he could shoot somebody on 5th avenue and wouldn't lose any voters. He did criticize McCain for getting captured and still won the GOP primary and the presidency. It's a simple yes or no question.

(1)I doubt it, because he did not make these comments.

(2)You all should be sued for drilling this unproven false narrative deliberately in order to hurt Trump in the election.

(3)I should call in an anonymous tip to Breitbart that Joe is being controlled by the US Communist Party. And then create threads “If these accusations are true, will it hurt Biden?”

Last edited:
Do you guys think that Trump's alleged comments about troops are going to hurt him? Trump did say in the past that he could shoot somebody on 5th avenue and wouldn't lose any voters. He did criticize McCain for getting captured and still won the GOP primary and the presidency. It's a simple yes or no question.

He might not lose any of the brain dead sheep on this site, but it wont help him with Active Duty, Vets, or their families. By the way, the EC is already looking unlikely somce he is losing in some of those states he pulled to get the win last time.

(1)I doubt it, because he did not make these comments.

(2)You all should be sued for drilling this unproven false narrative deliberately in order to hurt Trump in the election.

(3)I should call in an anonymous tip to Breitbart that Joe is being controlled by the US Communist Party. And then create threads “If these accusations are true, will it hurt Biden?”
You know this how, because he told you....
Nope it is news all over the different news sources, even FOX, if you don't like facing reality you should avoid it.
You have some of your ilk here already doing #3, no one buys it, with trump on the other hand is highly likely.

You know this how, because he told you....
Nope it is news all over the different news sources, even FOX, if you don't like facing reality you should avoid it.
You have some of your ilk here already doing #3, no one buys it, with trump on the other hand is highly likely.

Fox retracted the claim, and confirmed two sources present at the time who stated that the claim is false.

Try reading the thread in the Election Forum, and staying up to date.

Fox retracted the claim, and confirmed two sources present at the time who stated that the claim is false.

Try reading the thread in the Election Forum, and staying up to date.

FOX isn't the only source.

It hurt Trump in that he lost any voters he had briefly attracted after his "Look, I'm actually a pretty decent guy" performance at the convention. If those voters were looking for permission to be okay with voting for him, they're lost again.

No, if the polls are fairly accurate, according to RCP averages Biden has a 49.6% to Trump's 42.6% lead. that leaves just close to 8% undecided or third party voters. It seems this time around most folks have decided to support one or the other. We don't have a huge group of undecided's or third party voters as we did at this time of year back in 2016.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

On 5 Sep 2016 Clinton lead Trump 41.2 to 39.1 leaving a whopping 19.7% of the voters either voting third party or in the undecided column. That was quite a large pool compared to this years 8%

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

Besides, those who haven't made up their minds yet usually don't do so until a week or two prior to the election. So his unsavory remarks probably won't hurt him at all. Trump supporters aren't about to leave him and the anti Trumpers are going to vote against him anyway.

Personally, I think the protests, riots if you will still going on in Wisconsin and Oregon are having a higher impact on this race than Trump's remarks about our fallen heroes. a mini backlash if you will. Trump has narrowed a 6.5 Biden lead in Wisconsin down to 4 and in Michigan, next door, Biden's lead has shrunk from 6 down to 2.5. In Minnesota, Biden's lead of 8 points is at 3.7 today. Oregon hasn't been polled since July, so I have no idea what is happening there.

Tomorrow, there'll be something else Trump has done or said that will make his remarks on the military ancient history and forgotten. That's the way these things work. But if the protests, riots continue, they'll weigh heavily on the suburb's voters.

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Will Kenosha backlash swing suburbanites to Trump? What the data says (so far)

A lot of his base will now agree with what he said. Many lack basic intelligence, morals and empathy and are easily led.

You do realize that you're talking more about yourself at this point, than against anyone else?

You do realize that you're talking more about yourself at this point, than against anyone else?

Nope, I witness it every day on this board, from yourself too. I don't care if I'm waving a broad brush. Your lot will not be judged kindly by history.

Nope, I witness it every day on this board, from yourself too. I don't care if I'm waving a broad brush. Your lot will not be judged kindly by history.

You do realize that the same will be done with you correct?

Because it isn't like falsely accusing someone of anything, hasn't turned out bad for anyone before now.

Will hear say hurt him? No probably not. Some unknown person said Donald Trump said something. How do we know this anonymous person even exists the mainstream media is notorious for lying.

Mostly I don't think the voting base her Donald Trump even believes it. so you know it won't do a thing to him it's just an effort for the news media to try and distract from things happening they don't want to talk about.

It hurt Trump in that he lost any voters he had briefly attracted after his "Look, I'm actually a pretty decent guy" performance at the convention. If those voters were looking for permission to be okay with voting for him, they're lost again.

You mind citing, where it's been confirmed that he actually said these things?

I said no.

There may be a few swing voters left on the fence, but his base dismiss it as fake news (despite his having said similar things before) and they won't budge. It may cost him a few vets, but they'd have to be in the right numbers in the counties to affect his EC chances.

Everyone else's mind is already made up.

A number of things can cost Trump his EC gains, but this likely won't be one of them: the nation is used to him saying dumb stuff, whether it can be proven he did this one or not.

I said no.

There may be a few swing voters left on the fence, but his base dismiss it as fake news (despite his having said similar things before) and they won't budge. It may cost him a few vets, but they'd have to be in the right numbers in the counties to affect his EC chances.

Everyone else's mind is already made up.

A number of things can cost Trump his EC gains, but this likely won't be one of them: the nation is used to him saying dumb stuff, whether it can be proven he did this one or not.

I don't think swing voters are the issue. The MAIN issue is voter turnout. If trump's continuing nonsense can get someone to the polls who didn't vote the last time, it's all good.

NO.

If one supports President Trump's policies (not necessarily his big mouth), one will still vote for him.

If one "dislikes" the President, one will vote for anyone (even for the Honorable Joseph R. Biden, Jr.,) in order to remove the Donald from the Executive Mansion.

Well, that is the point of the disgusting left lowlifes who are lying about this to further their political agenda. This supposedly happened two years ago and it just comes to light right before the election with unnamed sources who are nothing but heresay.

Well, that is the point of the disgusting left lowlifes who are lying about this to further their political agenda. This supposedly happened two years ago and it just comes to light right before the election with unnamed sources who are nothing but heresay.

Heh. Republicans will go back forty years to pull out records of Biden's comments to tar him with, but when it comes to trump, they insist you're not allowed to consider his disgusting comments if they happened before yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom