• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Succeed in Stealing the Election?

Will Trump Succeed in his efforts to steal the election?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 98.2%

• Total voters

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
We all observed Trump planting the seeds to cry foul long before the election was even held.

Now, here we are.

Trump is already filing lawsuit after lawsuit as predicted.

Republicans are keeping their distance but FOXNews is already programming their Trump cultists to swallow the swill and by all appearances, the true Trump cultists are gobbling it up.

Will Trump be successful in stealing the election from Biden or is this just Trump being Trump and whining like the titty-baby he has always shown himself to be?

What say ye?

Nope.

The lawsuits he's filing are vacuous, unfounded, and almost all failing. The only one he's won basically involved letting campaign observers, who were already allowed to watch the counts, move a few feet closer. As one legal observer (Justin Levitt) put it: "If this is a legal war, he's arming up with water balloons."

They aren't submitting any evidence of any actual fraud. They didn't stop the counts for more than a few hours. His dreams that a SCOTUS stacked in his favor would rule that he's the President were infantile fantasies, borne out of ignorance. GOP leaders and officials are not backing his litigious mendacity. (Or just lies.)

The lawsuits aren't about winning anymore. They're about saving face, and causing as much damage to our system of government as possible.

No.

trump has done this all his life. Not just refusing to accept defeat with his words, but with his legal maneuvering. He has a track record of pushing courts to stall cases against him. He's just doing the same here.

His lawsuits are baseless. He's done. Joe Biden is going to be President of the United States.

If it were 268 - 270 with GA only going to Biden by 1000, and WI going to Biden by 18K or something he'd have a shot. A long shot, but still a shot.

But we are looking at over 300 EC votes, and changing 1 or 2 states won't do it unless he plans on flipping Cali.

We all observed Trump planting the seeds to cry foul long before the election was even held.

Now, here we are.

Republicans are keeping their distance but FOXNews is already programming their Trump cultists to swallow the swill and by all appearances, the true Trump cultists are gobbling it up.

Will Trump be successful in stealing the election from Biden or is this just Trump being Trump and whining like the titty-baby he has always shown himself to be?

What say ye?
1. Trump didn't plant any seeds. He predicted the future.
2. Yes, there will be lawsuits in many states...all justified with evidence.
3. I don't watch Fox, but from what I've seen they are taking the lead in the media gaslighting. I'd say the BIDEN cultists are the ones swallowing stuff.
4. I certainly hope Trump is successful in forcing the states to follow their own laws. If he is, then we'll see you and your ilk screaming at the night sky.

3. I don't watch Fox, but from what I've seen they are taking the lead in the media gaslighting. I'd say the BIDEN cultists are the ones swallowing stuff.
4. I certainly hope Trump is successful in forcing the states to follow their own laws. If he is, then we'll see you and your ilk screaming at the night sky.
Anything to keep the stifle the will of the people, huh?

It is my understanding that the franchise takes precedence.

Now, here we are.

What say ye?
No, he's going to piss and moan and sue and get his Cult all antsy in the pantsy, but he won't steal the election. Come Jan 20th, he's out on the streets.

Anything to keep the stifle the will of the people, huh?

???
Can you translate that into grammatical English, please?

It is my understanding that the franchise takes precedence.
What franchise?

Seriously...are you talking in code or something?

Which lawsuits do you predict he will win?

Stifle the will of the people.

The vote is a franchise.

Take a civics class.
1. Stifle the will of the people. Yes, that is what the Dems are doing. Do you support that?
2. The franchise (vote) does not take precedence over the law.

If it were 268 - 270 with GA only going to Biden by 1000, and WI going to Biden by 18K or something he'd have a shot. A long shot, but still a shot.

But we are looking at over 300 EC votes, and changing 1 or 2 states won't do it unless he plans on flipping Cali.

Looks like we got the blue landslide we were praying for to kick Trump to the curb.

Not only in potential EC votes but Biden has received the majority vote as well as setting the record for most votes EVER received in the history of presidential elections. And it's still climbing as the valid votes are still being counted. Gotta love that. Kind of takes all the wind from underneath the wings of all the whiners crying foul. Too bad. So sad.

I do wish the dems would have done better in the Senate though. :( I would have especially loved to have seen Princess Lindsey wheeled out in a trash tote.

You can't always get what ya want.

No, republicans are already starting to turn on trump. As the days go on, their will be more and more republicans calling for trump to shut up and step down.

Looks like we got the blue landslide we were praying for to kick Trump to the curb.

Not only in potential EC votes but Biden has received the majority vote as well as setting the record for most votes EVER received in the history of presidential elections. And it's still climbing as the valid votes are still being counted. Gotta love that. Kind of takes all the wind from underneath the wings of all the whiners crying foul. Too bad. So sad.

I do wish the dems would have done better in the Senate though. :( I would have especially loved to have seen Princess Lindsey wheeled out in a trash tote.

You can't always get what ya want.

I wanted Collins gone as much as Graham.

Don't give up on the senate. Rep will have 50. Dems will have 48. But two seats are being run off in January.

And Trump isn't on the ticket to bring out the right.

1. Stifle the will of the people. Yes, that is what the Dems are doing. Do you support that?
2. The franchise (vote) does not take precedence over the law.
That's what you say they are doing.

Just sayin'.

And the courts are generally reluctant to overturn votes cast in good faith according to the rules in place when they cast them.

Probably most people outside of the land of the gun are most interested in what the extreme right militias who claimed they would never accept a Trump loss, are going to do.

This is most likely why the EC count hasn't been updated since election night.

Which lawsuits do you predict he will win?
That is the most relevant question. Here in Pennsylvania, the procedures being determined by the State Supreme Court would seem to violate Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution: " Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. "

That's what you say they are doing.

Just sayin'.

And the courts are generally reluctant to overturn votes cast in good faith according to the rules in place when they cast them.
What does the court generally do when votes are fraudulent? Or when rules (that would be laws) are broken?

That is the most relevant question. Here in Pennsylvania, the procedures being determined by the State Supreme Court would seem to violate Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution: " Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. "

Those ballots have been sequestered and haven’t even been counted. With a side enough margin of winning, those votes won’t change anything and the lawsuit is moot.

The lawsuits won't do it for Trump. His mission has to be in his extremist followers taking action with their guns and then having the police take the Trump side. Democracy in the US must die if Trump is to be the president for another 4 years.
A psychopath can never accept defeat and that's a promise of some great entertainment as he goes down. Otherwise, he has to win by having his supporters resort to deadly force.

It's all good from an outsider's POV!

Yeah, there are several things that will happen before that evidence is presented.

1) We'll finally be shown evidence confirming the existence of god.
2) They'll find a breeding pair of crumbled horned snorkacks.
3) Trump will willingly show his taxes.

Obviously, all of these more likely events will happen first. The whole repeating a lie confidently and forcefully insisting that it's not thing, just goes to show your lack of good faith in debating.

Those ballots have been sequestered and haven’t even been counted. With a side enough margin of winning, those votes won’t change anything and the lawsuit is moot.

The procedural question is not address by your observation. The legislature did not define the procedures in Pennsylvania, it just makes any Supreme Court agreement with that even messier, unfortunately.

The procedural question is not address by your observation. The legislature did not define the procedures in Pennsylvania, it just makes any Supreme Court agreement with that even messier, unfortunately.

If the votes will not matter, what remedy would the plaintiffs be seeking?

If the votes will not matter, what remedy would the plaintiffs be seeking?

I'm unclear what you consider the timeframe for the quantity of votes.

I'm unclear what you consider the timeframe for the quantity of votes.

Let's say there at 1,500 ballots that arrived between Tuesday and 5:30 today. Every one of these ballots are being sequestered and are not counted yet. As of right now, Biden is ahead by 13,492 votes. If every ballot sequestered was a vote for Trump, it wouldn't change the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom