• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump sign bill to name post office for son of Gold Star father Khizr Khan?

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From ABC News

Will Trump sign bill to name post office for son of Gold Star father Khizr Khan?

The House and Senate have both cleared a measure to name a post office in Virginia after U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq in 2004. But it remains an open question whether President Donald Trump will sign the bill into law.

The post office is located at 180 McCormick Road in Charlottesville, Virginia. The bill, introduced by Rep. Tom Garrett, cleared the House unanimously on Nov. 29.

COMMENT:-

From ABC News

The House and Senate have both cleared a measure to name a post office in Virginia after U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq in 2004. But it remains an open question whether President Donald Trump will sign the bill into law.

The post office is located at 180 McCormick Road in Charlottesville, Virginia. The bill, introduced by Rep. Tom Garrett, cleared the House unanimously on Nov. 29.

I see no reason why he should not sign the bill.

Ezekiel 18:19-20 ESV

“Yet you say, ‘Why should not the son suffer for the iniquity of the father?’ When the son has done what is just and right, and has been careful to observe all my statutes, he shall surely live. The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

(not that I'm a religious person or anything like that)

From ABC News

Has the White House stated that Trump would not sign the bill into law, or is this just more hyperbolic bull**** from the press? The article made no statement as to what the White House said, other than saying Sarah Sanders hasn’t commented yet, so I lean toward the hyperbolic the BS side.

That said, if for some reason Trump refuses to sign the bill, then I’ll be right there with you condemning the hell out of him for not doing so.

Will you be with me and condemn ABC for printing this if he actually does sign the bill into law?

Has the White House stated that Trump would not sign the bill into law, or is this just more hyperbolic bull**** from the press?

Since you obviously know what a question is (see above), then you are well aware that the article started with one.

The article made no statement as to what the White House said, other than saying Sarah Sanders hasn’t commented yet,

Quite right, the article asked a question and the White House has not (yet) provided an answer to it.

Personally I thing that it is more likely than not that Mr. Trump WILL sign the bill - but I also make no comment on how many people will have to tell him that it would be a PR disaster for him not to sign the bill.

so I lean toward the hyperbolic the BS side.

As you always do?

PS - You do realize that "As you always do?" is a question and NOT a statement, don't you?

That said, if for some reason Trump refuses to sign the bill, then I’ll be right there with you condemning the hell out of him for not doing so.

Will you be with me and condemn ABC for printing this if he actually does sign the bill into law?[/QUOTE]

If Trump were to refuse to sign this bill, it would suggest he is a petty, vindictive, vile little man.

But, if he were to refuse to sign the bill, Trump's supporters will rally to his defense with all kinds nonsensical rationales. And if they have too, they will swift boat this dead soldier posthumously. It's what they do.

Has the White House stated that Trump would not sign the bill into law, or is this just more hyperbolic bull**** from the press? The article made no statement as to what the White House said, other than saying Sarah Sanders hasn’t commented yet, so I lean toward the hyperbolic the BS side.

Will you be with me and condemn ABC for printing this if he actually does sign the bill into law?

I'm going with more hyperbolic bull ***.

Today's unfounded Trump bad story. Or one of them.

Since you obviously know what a question is (see above), then you are well aware that the article started with one.
They wrote an entire article based on a question to which they do not have the answer, and as far as the article is concerned, is only being asked by them. It's a hit piece. I hate Trump, and this article is a hit piece that does more to harm the media as whole and ABC News in particular, than it does to Trump, because the White House hasn't said or done anything that could lead anyone to even think that the bill may not be signed.

Quite right, the article asked a question and the White House has not (yet) provided an answer to it.
Therein lies the rub. Wait until you get an answer to the question or wait until the act has occurred that would in fact answer the question, in this case it would be either a signature or a veto. To write the article prior to that, without any evidence or hint that the bill may not be signed, is political hackery on the part of the media.

Personally I thing that it is more likely than not that Mr. Trump WILL sign the bill - but I also make no comment on how many people will have to tell him that it would be a PR disaster for him not to sign the bill.

That is just more speculation which is what the entire article is based upon - anti-Trump speculation. Again, I hate Trump, but this type of political hackery is extremely damaging to the media.

As you always do?
Yes.

PS - You do realize that "As you always do?" is a question and NOT a statement, don't you?
Yes.

Also, you left out your answer to my question. Now that I've answered your questions, would you be so kind as to do the same:

They wrote an entire article based on a question to which they do not have the answer,

That is the usual reason why people ask questions - because they don't have the answer already.

No I will not "condemn" anyone for asking a question - even if the question seems silly to me.

Why should I?

That is the usual reason why people ask questions - because they don't have the answer already.

No I will not "condemn" anyone for asking a question - even if the question seems silly to me.

Why should I?

Of course that's why they ask questions. However, writing an article about something that technically doesn't even exist, as if it may exist, although we don't have any evidence that it may exist other than the fact that we have posed the question, is unprofessional hackery. The press can be liable if they cannot prove an absence of malice. This article, if Trump were to sign the bill, would be a poster child for malice.

How many more ways are you going to try to defend the indefensible?

Why should you condemn political hackery by the press? If you don't know that answer, there's nothing further I can or should do in this thread...

On a closing note, thank you for writing such enlightening posts that vividly display their true intent. I'll keep this discourse in mind for my future determinations regarding responding.

If Trump were to refuse to sign this bill, it would suggest he is a petty, vindictive, vile little man.

But, if he were to refuse to sign the bill, Trump's supporters will rally to his defense with all kinds nonsensical rationales. And if they have too, they will swift boat this dead soldier posthumously. It's what they do.

I dont see how the liberals get any sleep with that “clump, clump, clump” all night as Trump walks around in their heads!”

Of course that's why they ask questions. However, writing an article about something that technically doesn't even exist, as if it may exist, although we don't have any evidence that it may exist other than the fact that we have posed the question, is unprofessional hackery. The press can be liable if they cannot prove an absence of malice. This article, if Trump were to sign the bill, would be a poster child for malice.

How many more ways are you going to try to defend the indefensible?

Why should you condemn political hackery by the press? If you don't know that answer, there's nothing further I can or should do in this thread...

On a closing note, thank you for writing such enlightening posts that vividly display their true intent. I'll keep this discourse in mind for my future determinations regarding responding.

Obviously you don't understand why "The Media" is in business.

"The Media" is in business to make money for its owners and anything that increases traffic increases the opportunity for the owners of "The Media" to make money.

Not only that, but your understanding of the libel laws could use the infusion of a few facts beyond "Libel consists of publishing something that I don't want to see published.".

Back
Top Bottom