• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Put His Money Where His Mouth Is On Judge Curiel And Push For Recusal?

Will Trump File a Motion Requestiong that Judge Curiel Recuse Himself?

• Total voters

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm Betting: No. This is just a desperate attempt to develop a narrative so that when/if he loses, he can blame it on bias, rather than having to defend being found guilty of fraud.

But hey! If I'm wrong - and if therefore Trump and all his fanboys here are right - then he'll file a motion for recusal! So we'll get to see whether or not Trump actually believes that the Judge should recuse himself enough to push for it, or whether he's just willing to use casual bigotry and conspiracy theory in court cases as he does in political fights.

Trump has declared bankruptcy so often, he ain't got any money.

Haha, but no, he won't file.such a motion. He'll bitch about it because he is a crybaby loser, but he won't do anything about it.

Of course his attorneys won't file for a recusal, because there are no grounds to do so.

Oh, and in case you missed it: There is almost nothing he can do wrong in the eyes of his supporters. They're already lost. There really isn't much point in needling them.

Nope. This is all just another way of getting his loyal, devoted fans to scream and yell about how everyone's being mean to him, and gin up more hatred towards Mexicans. He is a master manipulator. But then again, it's easy to do when your victims are so goddamn out of touch with reality.

Nope. This is all just another way of getting his loyal, devoted fans to scream and yell about how everyone's being mean to him, and gin up more hatred towards Mexicans. He is a master manipulator. But then again, it's easy to do when your victims are so goddamn out of touch with reality.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

He should allow lawyers to make decisions about law matters.

If he is going to be his own lawyer, he should consider the proverb:

A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client.

The man who never makes mistakes let this lawsuit drag out hoping the plaintiffs would run out of money and quit and now he's facing losing the lawsuit during the campaign. If you look at the Donald Trump promo for his university, the depositions where he admits some of what was said in the promo wasn't true, and the recently released documents showing the scam was built on bait-and-switch, the results are virtually inevitable. This is an attempt to derail the process and save Delicate Donald.

As far as being out of touch with reality, as a previous poster labeled Dishonest Donald supporters, are they any more out of touch with reality than the supporters of Sen. Clinton or Sen. Sanders? Two crooks and a communist and it's the best we can do.

I'm Betting: No. This is just a desperate attempt to develop a narrative so that when/if he loses, he can blame it on bias, rather than having to defend being found guilty of fraud.

But hey! If I'm wrong - and if therefore Trump and all his fanboys here are right - then he'll file a motion for recusal! So we'll get to see whether or not Trump actually believes that the Judge should recuse himself enough to push for it, or whether he's just willing to use casual bigotry and conspiracy theory in court cases as he does in political fights.

it's a false choice

The man who never makes mistakes let this lawsuit drag out hoping the plaintiffs would run out of money and quit and now he's facing losing the lawsuit during the campaign. If you look at the Donald Trump promo for his university, the depositions where he admits some of what was said in the promo wasn't true, and the recently released documents showing the scam was built on bait-and-switch, the results are virtually inevitable. This is an attempt to derail the process and save Delicate Donald. We have a Democrat running as a Republican, a Social Democrat running as a Democrat, and a Clinton running as anything but.

Gosh. It's so odd that Trump Fans aren't rushing in here to defend their mans' honor and insist that Of Course he'll push for recusal...

Gosh. It's so odd that Trump Fans aren't rushing in here to defend their mans' honor and insist that Of Course he'll push for recusal...

They're too busy having vapors over the fact that the Great Man himself pulled a Barack Obama last night and used a teleprompter. I guess we won't see any more threads from them criticizing the POTUS for his teleprompter use.

#nevertrump

It would be his lawyers that would file such a motion, and they know exactly where it would go...nowhere. So it is highly unlikely they will waste their time and money preparing such a motion.

Of course his attorneys won't file for a recusal, because there are no grounds to do so.

Oh, and in case you missed it: There is almost nothing he can do wrong in the eyes of his supporters. They're already lost. There really isn't much point in needling them.

This was explained to me in this case. The reason Trump made the comments, but his lawyers have not asked for recusal, is this is about the election, not the lawsuit, and Trump sees this as a way to appeal to white voters.

No seriously, I forget which thread it was in, but that was the explanation, and the person explaining it thought it was brilliant. Because, of course, most white voters hate "Mexicans".

This was explained to me in this case. The reason Trump made the comments, but his lawyers have not asked for recusal, is this is about the election, not the lawsuit, and Trump sees this as a way to appeal to white voters.

No seriously, I forget which thread it was in, but that was the explanation, and the person explaining it thought it was brilliant. Because, of course, most white voters hate "Mexicans".

If you think that your base does kinda dislike Mexicans, and you are trying to insulate yourself from the impact of losing a case, then yeah, this is something you might do. If you had no ethics.

But it doesn't surprise me in the least that Trump supporters would angrily deny that this was the intent while also at the same time celebrating his genius in doing so. :roll: Some people's children.

If you think that your base does kinda dislike Mexicans, and you are trying to insulate yourself from the impact of losing a case, then yeah, this is something you might do. If you had no ethics.

But it doesn't surprise me in the least that Trump supporters would angrily deny that this was the intent while also at the same time celebrating his genius in doing so. :roll: Some people's children.

I spent some time with some people's children this weekend. Other than one little girl pointing out to me that smoking is bad for me(and then telling my sister to remind me the next day), and my niece complaining that I made the bathroom stink(she told me she was going to have her mom(my sister again) buy febreeze in case I come over again), they where much better behaved than some Trump supporters. Edit: to be fair, Trump supporters tend to be better behaved than Sanders supporters...

This is a bunch of bull****.

These lawsuits, plural, have been going on for years. Trump closed Trump university in Texas when the state started investigating fraud. The case with Curiel has been there for three years.

He's done this before, harshly attacking investigators.

In 2005, the New York State Department of Education sent Trump, Sexton, and Trump University a letter saying that they were violating state law by using the word "university" when in fact Trump University was not actually chartered as one and did not have the required license to offer live instruction or training.[10] Although Sexton promised that the organization would stop instructing students in New York State, the New York Attorney General alleged that such instruction continued.[10]

A March 2010 letter sent by the Deputy Commissioner for Higher Education, Joseph Frey, to Trump stated: "Use of the word 'university' by your corporation is misleading and violates New York Education Law and the Rules of the Board of Regents."[10][21] In June 2010, "Trump University" changed its name to "The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative."[1]

On August 24, 2013, the State of New York filed a $40 million civil suit against Trump University alleging illegal business practices and false claims made by the company.[22] Donald Trump denied the allegations, claiming the school had a 98% approval rating, and said New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was "a political hack looking to get publicity".[23] Trump filed a complaint alleging that the state Attorney General's investigation was accompanied by a campaign donation shakedown; the complaint was investigated by a New York ethics board and dismissed in August 2015.[24]

Schneiderman described Trump University as a bait-and-switch scheme and pointed to the fact that the organization was not a university.[25] He accused Trump of misleading more than 5,000 people to pay up to $35,000 to learn his real estate investment techniques.[26]

In October 2014, a New York judge found Trump personally liable for operating the company without the required business license.[26]

This is a bunch of bull****.

These lawsuits, plural, have been going on for years. Trump closed Trump university in Texas when the state started investigating fraud. The case with Curiel has been there for three years.

He's done this before, harshly attacking investigators.

I actually have no problem with attacking the investigators. He can even attack the judge and I will just chuckle. What makes this kinda despicable is how he chose to attack Curiel.

Back
Top Bottom