• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump meet with Putin in Argentina?

Will Trump meet with Putin in Argentina?

• No, Trump is telling the truth

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes, Trump is Putin's bitch

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Winchester

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/politics/donald-trump-cancel-vladimir-putin-meeting/index.html

Buenos Aires (CNN)US President Donald Trump on Thursday abruptly canceled his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin two days before they were scheduled to sit down on the sidelines of the G20 summit.

The President pinned the cancellation on Russia's refusal to release Ukrainian Navy ships and sailors seized during a maritime confrontation between the two countries on Sunday.​

Trump says no.

Oh, he'll meet with him all right; in private, in a secret place, where Putin will hold the bright orange folder filled with decades of Trump/Russian financial dealings, free Russian hookers, and details of Trump laundering Russian money. Putin will then tell Trump what to say about Ukraine, what U.S. sanctions are to be immediately removed, and give him a deadline by which the Magnitsky Act must be repealed.

Then Trump will kiss Putin's...ring...and continue to be the first American President to sell out his country to a hostile nation in order to save his own greedy ass.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/politics/donald-trump-cancel-vladimir-putin-meeting/index.html

Buenos Aires (CNN)US President Donald Trump on Thursday abruptly canceled his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin two days before they were scheduled to sit down on the sidelines of the G20 summit.

The President pinned the cancellation on Russia's refusal to release Ukrainian Navy ships and sailors seized during a maritime confrontation between the two countries on Sunday.​

Trump says no.

I don't get it....

Oh, he'll meet with him all right; in private, in a secret place, where Putin will hold the bright orange folder filled with decades of Trump/Russian financial dealings, free Russian hookers, and details of Trump laundering Russian money. Putin will then tell Trump what to say about Ukraine, what U.S. sanctions are to be immediately removed, and give him a deadline by which the Magnitsky Act must be repealed.

Then Trump will kiss Putin's...ring...and continue to be the first American President to sell out his country to a hostile nation in order to save his own greedy ass.

Yes, trump needs that Moscow project.

My goodness! How do you sleep with all these fantasies that demand your attention? The President is beholden to only us. I don't understand this curious, no not curious, spurious mental m**turbation. Have you considered a 1000 piece puzzle to otherwise waste your time?
Regards,
CP

My goodness! How do you sleep with all these fantasies that demand your attention? The President is beholden to only us. I don't understand this curious, no not curious, spurious mental m**turbation. Have you considered a 1000 piece puzzle to otherwise waste your time?
Regards,
CP

Well, bless your heart! :lol:

I didn't think he would. But if anything it helps Putin that Trump The Chump has now begun distancing himself from him. Anyone who is disassociated from Trump, particularly by Trump himself, is automatically better off for it.

I didn't think he would. But if anything it helps Putin that Trump The Chump has now begun distancing himself from him. Anyone who is disassociated from Trump, particularly by Trump himself, is automatically better off for it.

I was going to reply to your post earlier, but was nagged by the sure knowledge there was something just as silly that I couldn't remember. Now, I do. Ever see the 3 Stooges plumber routine? Now, there was something just as goofy.

Sorry, I find it un-American to berate our President!

Regards,
CP

Former-president Theodore Roosevelt says the exact polar opposite:

DVvTJg-U0AAp0Lt.jpg

Former-president Theodore Roosevelt says the exact polar opposite:

DVvTJg-U0AAp0Lt.jpg

I don't disagree with him. I disagree with your generous interpretation as an excuse to lambaste our President. Maybe you just don't see the difference between what President T. Roosevelt meant, and outright hate for our President. I can't see where an insult was encouraged by T. Roosevelt. He only pointed out the obvious. Therein lies the difference. President Trump has dome nothing to deserve the awful insults hurled at him, by those who fear their peers. I don't have that fear, so can afford to be unforgiving of those who quite mindlessly do so,
Regards,
CP

I was going to reply to your post earlier, but was nagged by the sure knowledge there was something just as silly that I couldn't remember. Now, I do. Ever see the 3 Stooges plumber routine? Now, there was something just as goofy.

Regards,
CP

The President isn't the country. You could say he's a representative of the country, and to that extent represents our values. If he fails to represent the inherent values of the people of the country then he can be considered a bad representative and therefore vulnerable to any criticism, condemnation and, yes, insult, that comes his way. But the first and the last reminder should always be that the President is not the country itself. There is no "l'état est moi," much as Republicans and Trump himself would like to believe otherwise.

The President isn't the country. You could say he's a representative of the country, and to that extent represents our values. If he fails to represent the inherent values of the people of the country then he can be considered a bad representative and therefore vulnerable to any criticism, condemnation and, yes, insult, that comes his way. But the first and the last reminder should always be that the President is not the country itself. There is no "l'état est moi," much as Republicans and Trump himself would like to believe otherwise.

Valid point, though curious placement when directed to me as a reply. I don't believe I wrote that President is the country. A person or thing that has been accepted by the people of a country as being representative of the country, can be disrespected. That would include the flag, military, national anthem, and Yes, the President.
Regards,
CP

Valid point, though curious placement when directed to me as a reply. I don't believe I wrote that President is the country. A person or thing that has been accepted by the people of a country as being representative of the country, can be disrespected. That would include the flag, military, national anthem, and Yes, the President.
Regards,
CP

That the President is the country is the inherent assumption behind the notion that disrespecting the President is "unpatriotic." Also, the flag, the military and the national anthem aren't the country either.

Now, that said, there can be many ways to disrespect the country, but disrespecting any of the things you've listed are not disrespecting the country. I think if you really want to disrespect the country then you need to start attacking the country's values. But a President is just a person, a flag is just a thing, and a song is just a song. They inherently mean nothing without the beliefs and the values they stand on.

Of course he will. Putin likes fat bottom bitches.

That the President is the country is the inherent assumption behind the notion that disrespecting the President is "unpatriotic." Also, the flag, the military and the national anthem aren't the country either.

Now, that said, there can be many ways to disrespect the country, but disrespecting any of the things you've listed are not disrespecting the country. I think if you really want to disrespect the country then you need to start attacking the country's values. But a President is just a person, a flag is just a thing, and a song is just a song. They inherently mean nothing without the beliefs and the values they stand on.

Okay. The very items you list are symbols imbued with, and stand for a sum total of our best efforts to be a country. The stretch you are making is roughly equivalent to saying a five dollar bill is only paper and has no intrinsic value. in fact, it is only imbued with faith and trust. Our institutions also have a faith and trust value, and once you pronounce they mean nothing and cannot be disrespected, you my friend have hit the bottom of the philosophical barrel.
Regards,
CP

I do hope that you are wrong about that, but I was rather wrong about how the country would react to a Nixonesque character post-Nixon.

At least Nixon did his dirty deeds on his own behalf. As the evidence mounts - and we only have a little slice of it at the moment - it looks like he surrounded himself with criminals while simultaneously angling to land a deal for a Moscow tower that would result in giving Putin a 50 million dollar penthouse while running for the presidency AND denying any such Russian connection.

And 40% or more of the voting population does not care. Woe upon us. Long gone are the days when a mere blowjob was scandal.

(And before anyone I'm not replying to takes the expected cheap shot: yeah, I know the idea of impeachment was built around perjury......perjury that happened because a several years long investigation - too long if Mueller is investigating a GOPer, apparently - into real estate deals turning into an investigation of a blowjob turned into investigation of a cover-up of a blowjob.

If anyone feels like chiming in with "but that's different, it was about perjury", that person better have a damn good argument in favor of drawing a distinction. There isn't one. This is how special counsel investigations go, and they would regardless of an appointment letter because of the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) governing special counsels).

Last edited:
Okay. The very items you list are symbols imbued with, and stand for a sum total of our best efforts to be a country. The stretch you are making is roughly equivalent to saying a five dollar bill is only paper and has no intrinsic value. in fact, it is only imbued with faith and trust. Our institutions also have a faith and trust value, and once you pronounce they mean nothing and cannot be disrespected, you my friend have hit the bottom of the philosophical barrel.
Regards,
CP

Your is a disingenuous argument in any case, since Trump was a protest vote and an expression of hatred for Clinton. And Trump, knowing this, has made sure to behave proportionate to the wishes of his base. And he will, proportionately, earn my contempt.

Your is a disingenuous argument in any case, since Trump was a protest vote and an expression of hatred for Clinton. And Trump, knowing this, has made sure to behave proportionate to the wishes of his base. And he will, proportionately, earn my contempt.

My post is falsely made? You are the one trotting out the notion of a protest vote. How about we both acknowledge that can't be proven? In any event, President Trump was elected, and your angst aside( whatever motivates that), he represents the United States and to insult him is unpatriotic. You can certainly disagree with items in his agenda, that is politics, but insults are craven! What will you decide about the state of things after he re-elected?
Regards,
CP

My post is falsely made? You are the one trotting out the notion of a protest vote. How about we both acknowledge that can't be proven? In any event, President Trump was elected, and your angst aside( whatever motivates that), he represents the United States and to insult him is unpatriotic. You can certainly disagree with items in his agenda, that is politics, but insults are craven! What will you decide about the state of things after he re-elected?
Regards,
CP

I said your argument was disingenuous. But...(sigh)...alright, let's go through the motions:

What act would Mueller have to uncover to cause you to pull your support for Trump?

When you're done smoking that pipe, you may want to give it a good while before you pull another drag on that thing. Reality has gotten skewed enough for you as it is at this point and I don't want to hear about you being committed at the next CME conference.

No he won't if he does the press will come to know he knows that, and if he wanted to do he would have openly done it there was nothing stopping him so no he wont.

I said your argument was disingenuous. But...(sigh)...alright, let's go through the motions:

What act would Mueller have to uncover to cause you to pull your support for Trump?

Disingenuous? Falsely made argument: please give me the razor edge difference between the two.

Let's approach the question you pose from the other side: what would it take for you to come out and say President Trump won because it was the will of the people? So far, that is the case.

Regards,
CP

Back
Top Bottom