• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Get Over 60 Million Votes?

Will Trump Get Over 60 Million Votes?

• Total voters
From your article...

Seriously...with all that FEMA did, what more do you...or ABC...think they should have done?

They could not provide even one example of what they were actually doing and this is one reason why. Trump has gutted FEMA like he gutted our pandemic response team. I feel sorry for New Orleans and Galveston who have 2 Hurricanes heading their way as we speak.

The federal government’s disaster response workforce is often unprepared and underqualified when deployed to regions in need of immediate assistance, according to a new report, which found the employees were often designated as maintaining skills they lacked in reality.

The qualification issues were exacerbated by severe staffing shortfalls at the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Government Accountability Office found in a new report. While FEMA eventually deployed nearly 15,000 employees in response to disasters in 2017, the agency was almost 30% below its target workforce levels. More than one-half of the cadres FEMA deployed throughout the country in 2017 reported shortages, which remained in place in 2018.

FEMA Is Deploying Employees Ill-Prepared for Disaster Response, Report Finds - Government Executive

They could not provide even one example of what they were actually doing and this is one reason why. Trump has gutted FEMA like he gutted our pandemic response team. I feel sorry for New Orleans and Galveston who have 2 Hurricanes heading their way as we speak.

FEMA Is Deploying Employees Ill-Prepared for Disaster Response, Report Finds - Government Executive

Your own ABC article listed exactly what FEMA did.

And here you are talking about the past, saying the present is the same way...even though it's not.

More anti-Trump dishonesty.

Your own ABC article listed exactly what FEMA did.

And here you are talking about the past, saying the present is the same way...even though it's not.

More anti-Trump dishonesty.

They only said what they could be doing and could give no concrete examples of actually doing any of that..... and still cannot. Like most of our safety nets, they have been rendered helpless by Trump. We are all on our own and 2 hurricanes are bearing down as we speak.

They only said what they could be doing and could give no concrete examples of actually doing any of that..... and still cannot. Like most of our safety nets, they have been rendered helpless by Trump. We are all on our own and 2 hurricanes are bearing down as we speak.

Did you even read the quotes...from your own article...that says what they were doing? Do I need to repeat them?

"FEMA is the lead coordinating agency on behalf of HHS and the White House task force team, who are leading the" response, FEMA spokeswoman Elizabeth Litzow told ABC News. "As a result, FEMA will activate the National Response Coordination Center to a Level 1, which enables our agency to coordinate with our federal and non-governmental partners to support HHS and state, local, tribal and territorial governments as they respond to the pandemic."

"FEMA’s role has been assisting HHS with planning, coordination, logistics, and outreach with supporting states to identify sites and operational requirements. Additionally, the administration is working with the private sector to develop a website Americans can visit to determine whether a test is needed and, if so, facilitate testing at a nearby location."

"We have a dedicated internal task force making sure we can keep people healthy," the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "We’re ready for whatever is next."

Coordinate the transportation of medical supplies and personnel
Construct temporary medical facilities where needed
Identify sources for equipment and supplies needed by hospitals that run out
Working to ensure that the supplies of food and water are not interrupted as the virus sweeps through large segments of the U.S.

This is all stuff they did...yet you continue to dishonestly maintain they did nothing.

You and your blatant partisan, head in the sand hackery is dismissed. (see my sig)

Did you even read the quotes...from your own article...that says what they were doing? Do I need to repeat them?

This is all stuff they did...yet you continue to dishonestly maintain they did nothing.

You and your blatant partisan, head in the sand hackery is dismissed. (see my sig)

Do I need to spell it out for you? None of those things were done. Listing things they should be doing but are NOT DOING only serves to prove my point. For example can you tell me what "temporary medical facilities" FEMA constructed? I would like to know where they were.

...and yet 180k Americans are still dead, with 100’s of 1000’s more promised on the way.

If Trump took action, I’d hate to see what things would look like if he just played golf all the time.

...and yet 180k Americans are still dead, with 100’s of 1000’s more promised on the way.

If Trump took action, I’d hate to see what things would look like if he just played golf all the time.

Doesn't matter what Trump does...within the limits of his executive power...if the governors don't do their part (or if they screw up like Cuomo did).

But hey...blame Trump, right? :roll:

Doesn't matter what Trump does...within the limits of his executive power...if the governors don't do their part (or if they screw up like Cuomo did).

But hey...blame Trump, right? :roll:

Federal government’s job to provide resources and leadership. Trump started by calling the pandemic a hoax, and then went from being disinterested to outright helping to spread it (a good case can be made that he is responsible for Hermain Cain’s death).

So basically by conservatives own arguments:

-Trump was either a sap being played by Xi or he lied to help Xi

-The “Wartime President” was completely impotent once it was clear China had lied to everyone.

-But if there’s graffiti on a statue somewhere, he’ll totter down a ramp to our defense faster than you can call Melania a sex worker.

Federal government’s job to provide resources and leadership. Trump started by calling the pandemic a hoax, and then went from being disinterested to outright helping to spread it (a good case can be made that he is responsible for Hermain Cain’s death).

So basically by conservatives own arguments:

-Trump was either a sap being played by Xi or he lied to help Xi

-The “Wartime President” was completely impotent once it was clear China had lied to everyone.

-But if there’s graffiti on a statue somewhere, he’ll totter down a ramp to our defense faster than you can call Melania a sex worker.

Don't you have a riot to go to somewhere? Don't you have some businesses windows you need to break?

You should go do that instead of making **** up about Trump.

btw, Trump isn't a "Wartime President"...he's a War Ending President".

Don't you have a riot to go to somewhere? Don't you have some businesses windows you need to break?

You should go do that instead of making **** up about Trump.

btw, Trump isn't a "Wartime President"...he's a War Ending President".

He’s a surrender-monkey who is terrified of everything from a germ to Vladimir Putin.

The man was born in white for a reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom