• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Get On the SCOTUS Docket?

Does the Trump Campaign Get In Front of the Supreme Court Before Inauguration Day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Does Trump get to present his case to SCOTUS Before 20JAN2021?

Does Trump get to present his case to SCOTUS Before 20JAN2021?
Yes...but not because he appointed three justices. Because that's how our justice system works.

I think the SCOTUS will entertain Trump's appeals. However, I don't think the SCOTUS will overturn a landslide election based on absence of evidence. It will be interesting, however, to see if ANY of the judges side with Trump. That will speak volumes of that judge's credibility and partisan bias. I don't think any of them are willing sacrifice their personal integrity and reputation over Trump. I'm interested in seeing what Trump's new girl has to say.

Yes...but not because he appointed three justices. Because that's how our justice system works.
Your boy broadcast his move........in late September.

Regardless of politics Lawrence Tribe is a fairly respect member of the bar; he doesn’t think, at least, the PA case has a chance.

Justice Barrett has already publicly stated that she'll recuse herself from any and all election disputes. The other eight will slap trump down so hard that his head will spin for weeks.

Justice Barrett has already publicly stated that she'll recuse herself from any and all election disputes. The other eight will slap trump down so hard that his head will spin for weeks.

Not sure about his head spinning for weeks, he seems to have been conditioning himself.

I see where Wisconsin has certified the recount.......

"We decline to acquiesce to your request. Means no." They can simply not address it, and that's it. It takes 4 Justices to agree to hear it.

I think the SCOTUS will decline to hear the case. For the past couple of years they've refused to interfere in any state election cases and this is just another one. They leave election matters to the states.

I think they may take a representative case, and then take it out back like Old Yeller to put the final nail in the coffin.

they've already got their seats for life, and it is next to impossibly unlikely that they will ever be removed for any reason. i don't see them overturning a clear victory out of loyalty to a defeated president who has a foot out the door. my guess, as others have said, is that they'll punt the case.

I doubt they'll take it. If they did, the conservative justices would have to go on the record, forcing them to forfeit their credibility either to independents or conservatives. They will want to avoid that, just as Republicans in the Senate for years have avoided going on the record on controversial votes.

Not sure about his head spinning for weeks, he seems to have been conditioning himself.

I see where Wisconsin has certified the recount.......
The recount revealed even more votes for Biden. And Trumpcorp paid for it. LOL! ( That is, if they do pay for it. Trump is famous for not paying his bills.)

Your boy broadcast his move........in late September.

Trump didn't "broadcast his move". He accurately predicted what the Trump haters would do (election fraud) and how it would be resolved (Supreme Court).

Regardless of politics Lawrence Tribe is a fairly respect member of the bar; he doesn’t think, at least, the PA case has a chance.

shrug...

Everyone has an opinion. The only one that counts is the one that comes from the court.

But your justice system is corrupt, right?

Trump didn't "broadcast his move". He accurately predicted what the Trump haters would do (election fraud) and how it would be resolved (Supreme Court).
neither you, trump or his crackpot team of lawyers can produce any evidence what so ever of fraud. The Supreme Court is not going to hear any of these cases. Most of which are ineligible for scotus to begin with as there isn’t a federal question to be ruled on.

shrug...

Everyone has an opinion. The only one that counts is the one that comes from the court.
And the courts keep showing you that there is no evidence of fraud. It’s why trump has lost 39 straight legal challenges.

shrug...

Fortunate that you aren’t a “gambler,” huh?

Look at Article III of ...you know.....

Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

And since he's bragged about having an ace in the hole with his picks it would really look bad for them to rule in his favor.

shrug...

And every Court so far has told trump to go pound sand and the odds that the SC will even entertain trumps appeal are slim to none. Reality can be a Bitch.

And every Court so far has told trump to go pound sand and the odds that the SC will even entertain trumps appeal are slim to none. Reality can be a Bitch.

The man does not deal with reality. Never has.

I wish they would hear the case just to smack him down and let it be known they won't interfere in a fair election. But I'm guessing they'll refuse to take it up.

Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?
So...you are saying that, by predicting election fraud and the resolution having to come from the Supremes, Trump CAUSED the Trump haters to commit election fraud?

Nonsense.

He made a prediction and he hit the nail on the head.

So...you are saying that, by predicting election fraud and the resolution having to come from the Supremes, Trump CAUSED the Trump haters to commit election fraud?

Nonsense.

No he assumed election fraud. The only evidence of fraud is in his imagination. That invisible mountain that his lawyers can't find.

Nonsense.

No, Trump told us that he'd allege fraud. And the problem for you is that there is no EVIDENCE of 'election fraud.' None. Not a shred of it, which is why the courts slapped down so many lawsuits in record fast time. Trump might be #1 of all time in hilariously incompetent lawsuits laughed at by the most courts in the most jurisdictions EVER!!

Back
Top Bottom