• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Drop Pence?

Will Trump Now Drop Pence?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
With Kammy Harris now on the D ticket, with Trump try spicing his up a bit by replacing Pence with Nikki Haley?

He's the Follower in Chief. So, I say yes.

No, because that will piss off his most loyal supporters and it would mean he would have to admit he was wrong... something a narcissist NEVER does.

With Kammy Harris now on the D ticket, with Trump try spicing his up a bit by replacing Pence with Nikki Haley?

I think that is what Nikki Haley has sacrificed any dignity she had left in hopes of him doing, but I think it's too late and he won't do it.

As a side note, Pence was not brought on to appease the white evangelicals, Trump already had them, they were his first supporters. Pence was brought on to appease the super high-income donor class that was concerned about Trump's professed populism during the campaign (though he has obviously rewarded them all handsomely since being elected).

NO!

Of course, Ms. Haley would be a perfect choice for 2024, though.

But our great President will stick with Vice President Pence, for he realizes that showing ingratitude to Vice President Pence would infuriate many of Mr. Pence's fans, who might then just decide to sit out the election.

So it will be Trump-Pence.

Sadly, of course, it won't make a difference.

Come January, we will have Kamala Harris as the de facto President of the United States of America.

I think he will. Pence has been around to long. Time for a change . He needs to find a vice that has a softer side. Because Trump , god bless him, is hard as a rock. He needs a female to influence voters. Females are just more approachable,friendlier, and just easier to believe.

i don't see him dropping Pence.

Pence has not wavered in his support and praise of Trump, that alone means he probably keeps the job.

Pence: “You all might like to know that the vice presidential debate is on Oct. 7 in Utah! So my message to the Democratic nominee for vice president: Congratulations. I'll see you in Salt Lake City!

Pence jabs at Harris after she's picked as VP nominee | TheHill

I say they do it just the two of them, alone in the studio.

Oh wait, pence isn't allowed to be alone with a woman other than his wife.

(I would love to have been a fly on the wall during that arbitration! What do you think he did?)

NO!

Of course, Ms. Haley would be a perfect choice for 2024, though.

But our great President will stick with Vice President Pence, for he realizes that showing ingratitude to Vice President Pence would infuriate many of Mr. Pence's fans, who might then just decide to sit out the election.

So it will be Trump-Pence.

Sadly, of course, it won't make a difference.

Come January, we will have Kamala Harris as the de facto President of the United States of America.

I hope the donor class lost lots of money on retainers for assassins tasked with eliminating Biden.

As tempting as it may be for Trump, I think "no". It would not net him any new voters because everyone would see it for what it was. Had he grumbled about Pence for some time, sure, but he's always spoke highly of Pence. Pence, is, after all, a master bootlicker.

No way, Pence is the biggest butt kisser of them all.

Doesn't seem likely. Pence keeps the evangelical base in tow and seems credible.

Has a president ever dropped a VP for the 2nd term run?

Pence is safe. He possesses the one and only character trait Trump cherishes and that's loyalty to Trump.

Pence has not wavered in his support and praise of Trump, that alone means he probably keeps the job.

That hasn’t helped others........

Doesn't seem likely. Pence keeps the evangelical base in tow and seems credible.

Has a president ever dropped a VP for the 2nd term run?

FDR, for both his third and fourth term, changed VPs.

If spicing it up is his goal, then he should recruit Brown. That would make for an interesting debate.

But seriously, there is no reason for him to change VP's, she's gonna have a tough time defending herself as it is. Doing so would only lend credibility to her.

Kanye for VP!

Very unlikely. He's probably stuck with Pencil.

I could see him making a sudden switch to Tom Cotton, however. Cotton is trump with a brain.

Don't know and don't care.

Pence has been ok as a VP.

i would normally say "Hell No!"

but it's Trump. who the hell knows what that crazy dude will do?

Back
Top Bottom