• Please keep all posts on the Rittenhouse verdict here: Rittenhouse Verdict. Note the moderator warnings in the thread. The thread will be heavily moderated with a zero tolerance policy for any baiting, flaming, trolling or other rule breaks. Stick to the topic and not the other posters. Thank you.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump drop Out-and who will replace him

Will Trump Drop out of the race

• Yes, Romney will replace him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Kasich will replace him

• Yes, Rubio will Replace him

• Yes, Jeb Bush will replace him

• Total voters

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
There is a rising current among the GOP leadership that Trump may well drop out and contingency plans are being made to have a backup candidate. Do you think the bad hair day will drop out and if so who will replace him

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There is a rising current among the GOP leadership that Trump may well drop out and contingency plans are being made to have a backup candidate. Do you think the bad hair day will drop out and if so who will replace him

I don't know what is going to happen, but if trump does drop out this election will become a stimulus package for election lawyers.

Harshaw

Filmmaker ● Lawyer ● Patriot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
If he's going to, he's only got a week or two to make that decision.

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I assume, although I'd gladly be corrected, that if Trump dropped out, which I don't think will happen, then wouldn't Pence be the nominee and he's appoint a new VP to join him on the ticket?

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I assume, although I'd gladly be corrected, that if Trump dropped out, which I don't think will happen, then wouldn't Pence be the nominee and he's appoint a new VP to join him on the ticket?

Trumps name would still be on the state ballot though.

joG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

It would certainly be a change in the game plan.

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trumps name would still be on the state ballot though.

Depends on the timing - it's the RNC that informs states of their candidates, is it not? So whatever their cutoff date is, perhaps individual states have different time lines, that's the last date by which the RNC could alter the names. That's all conjecture, however.

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It would certainly be a change in the game plan.

Given Hillarys negatives, I'd say Rubio, Bush or Kasich would be formidable opponents to her.

Cruz... Well he's as likable as a kick in the ****.

Skeptic Bob

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
At this moment in time I doubt he will drop out. He has come too far to do so at this point. Maybe his kids could talk him into it?

WillyPete

The sound of one chao mooing.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Too late.

The GOP *** the bed, and now they get to lie in it all night long.

Casper

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If Trump dropped out he would be admitting he made a mistake, That is not going to happen no matter what. Now what we will get is the conspiracy theories of how it was all rigged when he loses to the wicked witch of the east. Worst election ever.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Given Hillarys negatives, I'd say Rubio, Bush or Kasich would be formidable opponents to her.

Cruz... Well he's as likable as a kick in the ****.

I didn't even put Cruz as a pick. When the former SOTH calls you the most disagreeable prick he has ever worked with, that sort of is a good sign the party leadership won't have much to do with you

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Too late.

The GOP *** the bed, and now they get to lie in it all night long.

I figured Id' get a post like that from a Cankler. :mrgreen:

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I didn't even put Cruz as a pick. When the former SOTH calls you the most disagreeable prick he has ever worked with, that sort of is a good sign the party leadership won't have much to do with you

I absolutely loved this quote from Lindsey Graham:

"If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you,"

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
If Trump dropped out he would be admitting he made a mistake, That is not going to happen no matter what. Now what we will get is the conspiracy theories of how it was all rigged when he loses to the wicked witch of the east. Worst election ever.

I think Trump has become mastered by his own mythology. The rebel with the untamed mouth got him lots of support from people who were sick of the establishment candidates both sides have been feeding us for years but the transition from insurgent to running things is often a tough gear-shift

eohrnberger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I don't know what is going to happen, but if trump does drop out this election will become a stimulus package for election lawyers.

Yeah, that's for sure. Problem is, election lawyers really don't need a stimulus package.

eohrnberger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I think it rather unlikely that Trump will drop out.

WillyPete

The sound of one chao mooing.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I figured Id' get a post like that from a Cankler. :mrgreen:

I hope bad mouthing ol'Hilldog gets you guys over the hump. Amazing how she tricked the GOP into Trump!

I honestly don't think Trump would be nearly as bad as he gets credit for, but there are reasons that you mostly see career politicians winning the big league elections.

Ma Clinton will be ok, too, but feel free to get really hysterical over her. I mean berserk!

Casper

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I think Trump has become mastered by his own mythology. The rebel with the untamed mouth got him lots of support from people who were sick of the establishment candidates both sides have been feeding us for years but the transition from insurgent to running things is often a tough gear-shift
True. I am still pissed that the GOP could not get their act together enough to offer a viable presidential candidate, as it is, they practically handed the election to Hillary. But that does not mean voters should not turn up and vote the Senate and House have elections and there are other issues on the ballet and rational voters need to ensure that no matter who gets elected they do not have an easy path to implementing their agenda.

Ikari

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left

I can't see him dropping out. He's a huge egomaniac, he thinks he's right at all times regardless of what reality says.

I think the GOP is stuck with him for this election cycle.

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It is too late to replace Trump, even if the D's agreed to let the rules be violated to do it Trump supporters would tie it up in the courts, it would never happen. The Elite trying to violate their own rules to dump the leader of the Rebellion would also SuperCharge the Rebellion.

Fearandloathing

Just watchin'
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Wishful thinking.

Donald Trump isn't interested in running the country, he's only interested in the mammoth press attention he's getting. He is addicted to it and he won't let go.

If you are wondering what it will look like in a Trump administration, you're looking at it.

After seeing how Obama was thwarted in an on-going war with congress there is no question he will also be at war with them. I mean he has slagged the house leader of the party.

Can you say "burned bridges"

I almost want this turd brain to win, it would be fantastically entertaining....for anyone living out side the US

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is too late to replace Trump, even if the D's agreed to let the rules be violated to do it Trump supporters would tie it up in the courts, it would never happen.

Trump supporters would launch legal action to stop Trump from dropping out himself :confused:

Top Bottom