• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump be too weak to reduce tensions in Kenosha?

Will Trump be too weak to defuse increasing violence in Kenosha during his visit?

• Total voters

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump says he plans to visit Kenosha in the midst of a situation in which right wing extremists and looters are increasingly facing off against each other in direct confrontations, resulting so far in several deaths. People are saying that the reason he hasn't tried to reduce tensions is because he's not strong enough to rise to the moment.

Will Trump be too weak to defuse increasing violence in Kenosha during his visit?

Bonus question: if he's too weak to reduce tensions peacefully, what good is he for?

Options:

1)Yes, he will be too weak to reduce tensions
2)No, he's strong enough and will in fact reduce tensions

Trump says he plans to visit Kenosha in the midst of a situation in which right wing extremists and looters are increasingly facing off against each other in direct confrontations, resulting so far in several deaths. People are saying that the reason he hasn't tried to reduce tensions is because he's not strong enough to rise to the moment.

Bonus question: if he's too weak to reduce tensions peacefully, what good is he for?

Options:

Where's the 'other', option? I'm suspecting he's going there to stoke tensions.

Options:

I just voted yes. He won't reduce tensions, and he is weak. It's not that he's too weak to reduce tensions, though. Weakness has nothing to do with it. It's not a nail, so it doesn't matter that he's got a hammer. We already saw in Portland that force is not the answer to this problem. Trump is not equipped to handle this crises, just like he's not equipped to handle the pandemic. Actually, he's not equipped to handle anything other than a golf club, and that's only because he cheats.

That's a subset of "Yes, he's too weak."

Trump is not going there to reduce tensions.

He needs this tension to increase his numbers. He has no problem throwing gasoline on the fire if it will help him in the polls.

Wisconsin is a swing state. Many folks like the idea that John Wayne is coming to save them, (from a problem John Wayne is helping to create.)

Like his sister says. He has no scruples. Anything for a vote. Shameful.

That's a subset of "Yes, he's too weak."
I can't resist! Since this is a debate forum, I'm going to debate this by saying:

"'No' - you're wrong'"

If he's stoking the fires here purposefully, he may either be strong enough or not strong enough. That's not determinate. His desire to stoke the flames is (determinate).

:2razz:

He's had plenty of time now and things just seem to be getting worse. Or is this another one of his wait and sees?

Options:

Every time you all make posts like this, you are VALIDATING the violent protestors.

There are no communication skills necessary to negotiate with violent protestors.

Their needs are not valid. They are violent protestors, willing to harm others in the name of their cause.

Trump should send in federal troops, with or without the consent of local officials.

It's not my place to assume the worst in people. I'll assume that, like any good President, it's his intention to reduce tensions and unify the American people. For that reason, I expect that this is his mission in visiting Kenosha.

Every time you all make posts like this, you are VALIDATING the violent protestors.

There are no communication skills necessary to negotiate with violent protestors.

Their needs are not valid. They are violent protestors, willing to harm others in the name of their cause.

Trump should send in federal troops, with or without the consent of local officials.

So you expect that after he visits Kenosha the situation will be worse, then.

It's not my place to assume the worst in people. I'll assume that, like any good President, it's his intention to reduce tensions and unify the American people. For that reason, I expect that this is his mission in visiting Kenosha.
I'd like to see you try tell me that with a straight face over a beer! :2razz:

So you expect that after he visits Kenosha the situation will be worse, then.

I’m assuming his purpose is to meet with local officials, and the local PD in particular.

If we are going to solve this issue of racist cops, this is where it has to start.

Trump's had 4 long years to unite us and improve our lot. He can't do it. Ain't gonna' happen.

Options:

The anarchists have no interest in reducing tensions no matter what Trump does. Hell, they don't even care about what Biden says.

Don't make the mistake of thinking Trump is too weak to deal with riots. He is calling on the local leaders to deal with them and he has offered to help if they want him to. So far, they've all refused his help. In fact, while they refuse his help, they are trying to blame him for their failures.

However, it may come to the point...if those leaders don't get their cities under control...that he will take action whether they like it or not.

I’m assuming his purpose is to meet with local officials, and the local PD in particular.

If we are going to solve this issue of racist cops, this is where it has to start.

And if nothing changes he'll be...impotent then?

Trump's had 4 long years to unite us and improve our lot. He can't do it. Ain't gonna' happen.

With all due respect, you are the ones dividing us, not Trump.

You are the ones validating violent protestors. Every time you blame Trump, what you really mean is that the violence is justified because it is against Trump.

The anarchists have no interest in reducing tensions no matter what Trump does. Hell, they don't even care about what Biden says.

If Trump is unable to accomplish with executive power what Biden is unable to accomplish without executive power, then what good is trump?

I'd like to see you try tell me that with a straight face over a beer! :2razz:

The implication of your post hurts me.

Bad assumptions. He's meeting with zero officials. They told him they don't want him, and not to come. He's forcing himself upon them for a political PR ploy. The only guy he's meeting is the top cop. The Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Mayor, all came out against him, telling him to stay away.

And if nothing changes he'll be...impotent then?

Police Departments are not federally controlled. They are locally controlled.

Trump can assist, and make recommendations, but the power is in the hands of the Democratic mayor and local board members.

Are you implying that you’d like to see the feds take control of local PDs?

Police Departments are not federally controlled. They are locally controlled.

Trump can assist, and make recommendations, but the power is in the hands of the Democratic mayor and local board members.

Soooo...Trump is there to be...pointless and weak?

Soooo...Trump is there to be...pointless and weak?

Meeting with local officials to try to eradicate racism in policing is pointless? And weak?

Do you authentically want Trump to take Federal control of local PDs? You all would have a fit.

If Trump is unable to accomplish with executive power what Biden is unable to accomplish without executive power, then what good is trump?

Who said Trump is unable to end the riots with executive power? Hell, who said Biden is also unable? I know I didn't say that.

Seriously...do you even read what you are responding to?

Don't you believe in state and local control, or is that something people who call themselves conservatives do only when it's convenient for them?

Don't you believe in state and local control, or is that something people who call themselves conservatives do only when it's convenient for them?

Do you want Trump to take control of local PDs? Because that is the only way he could ENSURE racism in policing would be eliminated.

Obviously, that’s not a realistic option. Especially given the politics of the left.

With all this protest, I’m not even sure the left knows what its goals are, other than getting Biden into office.

Back
Top Bottom