• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump be too weak to reduce tensions in Kenosha?

Will Trump be too weak to defuse increasing violence in Kenosha during his visit?

• Total voters
Bad assumptions. He's meeting with zero officials. They told him they don't want him, and not to come. He's forcing himself upon them for a political PR ploy. The only guy he's meeting is the top cop. The Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Mayor, all came out against him, telling him to stay away.

He is meeting with the police department which welcome him, and there are business owners that lost everything because of the violence he will be meeting with them and touring the damage who also welcome his visit to hear their needs.

Meeting with local officials to try to eradicate racism in policing is pointless? And weak?

Do you authentically want Trump to take Federal control of local PDs? You all would have a fit.

So you think Trump's agenda is to meet with someone, but not that he'll actually show any results. Couldn't we replace him with a french poodle and save tax payer dollars on security and fuel for AF1?

With all due respect, you are the ones dividing us, not Trump.

You are the ones validating violent protestors. Every time you blame Trump, what you really mean is that the violence is justified because it is against Trump.

child-psychology-certified-fixed-orthodontic-courses-by-indian-dental-academy-30-638.jpg

Do you want Trump to take control of local PDs? Because that is the only way he could ENSURE racism in policing would be eliminated.

Obviously, that’s not a realistic option. Especially given the politics of the left.

With all this protest, I’m not even sure the left knows what it’s goals are, other than getting Biden into office.

It is your ilk who wants a federal takeover. Your ilk wants to send in federal troops and fan the flames. That's what you people did in Portland, and you want to do it elsewhere.

You want violence.

Who said Trump is unable to end the riots with executive power? Hell, who said Biden is also unable? I know I didn't say that.

Seriously...do you even read what you are responding to?

Okay, so you admit that Trump is unable to accomplish anything, and that he's weak and ineffectual. If he's so weak and ineffectual, why can't he step down and be weak and ineffectual as a non-government citizen?

The implication of your post hurts me.
Not personal, obviously. But as a society, it's about time we start calling things as they are. I've long maintained the most important quality in life is to evaluate & examine one's self with brutal honesty. And that's 'brutal' with a capital 'B'! Well, I'll expand my 'life's tenet' to say we need to see those and the situations around us in the same manner.

So you think Trump's agenda is to meet with someone, but not that he'll actually show any results.

You’re completely missing the point that PDs are locally controlled.

Trump is going to meet with the local PD force to make recommendations and try his best to help.

But the buck stops with the Democratic mayor and local police department. Trump can’t force them to do anything.

If you want guaranteed results, Dems would need to allow Federal control of local PDs.

You’re completely missing the point that PDs are locally controlled.

Trump is going to meet with the local PD force to make recommendations and try his best to help.

But the buck stops with the Democratic mayor and local police department. Trump can’t force them to do anything.

If you want guaranteed results, Dems would need to allow Federal control of local PDs.

From "The buck stops here" to "The buck stops with mayors." I've never seen such a forceful narrative of a weak and impotent President.

Trump says he plans to visit Kenosha in the midst of a situation in which right wing extremists and looters are increasingly facing off against each other in direct confrontations, resulting so far in several deaths. People are saying that the reason he hasn't tried to reduce tensions is because he's not strong enough to rise to the moment.

Will Trump be too weak to defuse increasing violence in Kenosha during his visit?

Bonus question: if he's too weak to reduce tensions peacefully, what good is he for?

Options:

1)Yes, he will be too weak to reduce tensions
2)No, he's strong enough and will in fact reduce tensions
I think he will fan the flames and make things worse, which is exactly what he wants. He should be careful though, bad things can happen to anyone.

From "The buck stops here" to "The buck stops with mayors." I've never seen such a forceful narrative of a weak and impotent President.

???

Do you want Trump to seize control of local PDs?

Or are you rattling off talking points that have no meaning whatsoever?

He's going there to stoke tensions, not reduce them.

Primarily, though, by being too feeble in uniting a country, which requires strength and vision.

But hey, maybe he'll prove me wrong. Let's see.

Last edited:
Primarily, though, by being too feeble in uniting a country, which requires strength and vision.'

But hey, maybe he'll prove me wrong. Let's see.

Until folks realize they're dealing with #666, they'll consider him to be weak.

Reduce?????????????

He wants MORE violence.

Okay, so you admit that Trump is unable to accomplish anything, and that he's weak and ineffectual. If he's so weak and ineffectual, why can't he step down and be weak and ineffectual as a non-government citizen?

I admit no such thing.

Hey...do you want me to repeat myself so you actually understand what I say? Here...

I admit no such thing.

Don't you believe in state and local control, or is that something people who call themselves conservatives do only when it's convenient for them?

We very much believe in state and local control.... My question to you is, after more than 3 months of the rioting and looting in various cities across the US, cities under democratic governance,where in the hell is the state and local control?

If cities and states aren't going to protect their people, don't you think there comes a time when the president should step in and do the job the democrats in those states refuse to do?

Just clicked the link, and will get back to you. I've been hearing Midwest farm grumblings for quite awhile. Several months ago, only a very few were turning against Trump. Most were unhappy, hurting, but claiming they still believed in what Trump was doing. But I could see their hearts weren't in it, and they didn't look like they could take much more. My hope is that a decent number have finally seen their situation & Trump more accurately.

???

The second one, for sure.

I admit no such thing.

Hey...do you want me to repeat myself so you actually understand what I say? Here...

I admit no such thing.

Dismissed.

Bunker Boogaloo Bois Barr and Trump want a hot war.
An organized internet crowd of extremely rogue right-wing cops are murdering blacks in swing states.

He's had plenty of time now and things just seem to be getting worse. Or is this another one of his wait and sees?

He's going to stand in front of Kenosha, throw out some red meat for the base, and tell the news camera that if people don't like the violence, disease and unemployment they are suffering from under his administration, it will be much worse if Sleepy Joe wins the next election. And, his base will believe that.

FYI, when the next Trumpkin tells you that the reason Kenosha is going through hell right now is because of the democrats that let their city get that way, remind them that Kenosha County votes pretty much towards Republicans. Election Results for 11/8/2016 | Kenosha County, WI - Official Website

Add it up. This ain't nothing but another Trump stunt. Maybe he will hold up another bible.

Bring in the media, the National Guard (ooo-rah John Wayne!,) and the most hated President in modern history to poke the bear in a town ready for a fight.....

What could possibly go wrong?

We very much believe in state and local control....

Until you don't. Your ilk picks and chooses with "local control," like they pick and choose with everything. :shrug:

Every time you all make posts like this, you are VALIDATING the violent protestors.

There are no communication skills necessary to negotiate with violent protestors.

Their needs are not valid. They are violent protestors, willing to harm others in the name of their cause.

Trump should send in federal troops, with or without the consent of local officials.

That worked so well last time didn't it? The violence ended when the Trump storm troopers left.

With all due respect, you are the ones dividing us, not Trump.

You are the ones validating violent protestors. Every time you blame Trump, what you really mean is that the violence is justified because it is against Trump.
Nice job trying to project your - whatever - upon me. But, uh, 'No'.

Divorce, domestic abuse, child abuse, public violence, murder, suicide, drug abuse, civil unrest, etc., etc., etc., are all up greatly. Many of the aforementioned are up around 40%. Surely, "the Dems are the cause", is what you'd like me to believe? Good luck selling that one.

Nice job trying to project your - whatever - upon me. But, uh, 'No'. Divorce, domestic abuse, child abuse, public violence, murder, violent crime, suicide, drug abuse, civil unrest, etc., etc., etc., are all up greatly. Many of the aforementioned are up around 40%. Surely "the Dems are the cause", is what you'd like me to believe? Good luck selling that one.

It’s already “selling,” because it’s true.

These issues with racist cops are all coming from Democratically run cities.

Which is why the poll numbers are moving in Trump’s direction, especially in states most affected by violent rioting.

It’s funny how liberals assume Democrats could not possibly be divisive or corrupt, when they are.

It’s not projection, Chomsky.

Wake up and take a look at your own party.

Back
Top Bottom