• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will this mark the time when the political landscape began to change?

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The soon to be released movie "Runaway Slave", just might start the long awaited process of waking the African American community up to how they've been duped by the democratic party over the last 40+ years.

Check out this trailer for the movie and see what you think.

Duped is a massive understatement my friend. The Democrats were behing the KKK and when that finally failed they came up with welfare and told minorities they were owed a living and they were not to blame for their poor living conditions and the bad education wasn't their fault either.

The Democrats also run from the truth that it was the Republicans that pushed desegregation while southern Democrats fought all the legislation tooth and nail. It was also Democrats that had to have the US army come in to enforce the laws.

They also claim to have marched with MLK. Hell if all the lying SOBs that make that claim really did March MLK might still be alive today, or at least would have died a happy old man.

A few of my friends never bought into the BS and are Highly educated today and are professionals and like MLK they are Conservatives.

No it is a chronological catagoriezation : BEFORE AH, AFTER AH. Roots Thats what did it .The minnie series Roots. It gave Black Americans a sense of Heritage. Before that They were Black Americans. Thats what changed in the popular culture in America. AH= Alex Haley.

Duped is a massive understatement my friend. The Democrats were behing the KKK and when that finally failed they came up with welfare and told minorities they were owed a living and they were not to blame for their poor living conditions and the bad education wasn't their fault either.

The Democrats also run from the truth that it was the Republicans that pushed desegregation while southern Democrats fought all the legislation tooth and nail. It was also Democrats that had to have the US army come in to enforce the laws.

They also claim to have marched with MLK. Hell if all the lying SOBs that make that claim really did March MLK might still be alive today, or at least would have died a happy old man.

A few of my friends never bought into the BS and are Highly educated today and are professionals and like MLK they are Conservatives.

MLK a conservative?

An anti Vietman war, social justice supporter a conservative?

Why do you care what a NAACP radical thinks?

Why do you care what a NAACP radical thinks?

I have already made it pretty clear what I think... The question is, what are your thoughts on what's in that trailer.

The soon to be released movie "Runaway Slave", just might start the long awaited process of waking the African American community up to how they've been duped by the democratic party over the last 40+ years.

Fascinating clip. Didn't seem to be anything pushing pro-GOP so much as getting sick of being duped/ignored on the Democratic side (who have been getting 90%+ of the black vote)

Bill Cosby spoke out a few years ago about the breakdown of the nuclear family in the black community. And as i recall he got more flack that support for his statements. Will be interesting to see if this new effort can get any legs. Looks promising.....

I have already made it pretty clear what I think... The question is, what are your thoughts on what's in that trailer.

It's a propaganda piece. It's going to have zero effect on anything, and the movie will only be watched by those who already think the way he does. It's not even well done.

So back to my question, why do you care what a NAACP radical thinks?

It's a propaganda piece. It's going to have zero effect on anything, and the movie will only be watched by those who already think the way he does. It's not even well done.

A propaganda piece being driven by who? For what cause? A bunch of evil black men trying to accomplish what exactly.....??

I'm not taking the bait. I already stated how I feel, so why don't you move on to your next smear.

A propaganda piece being driven by who? For what cause? A bunch of evil black men trying to accomplish what exactly.....??

Evil? What the hell are you talking about?

I'm not taking the bait. I already stated how I feel, so why don't you move on to your next smear.

So you won't answer why this guy is in any way believable?

et al,

Like he says, "white People" can't really say anything, or we will be accused of "racism."

Originally Posted by Grim17

(COMMENT)

What is really interesting is the call for more "Black Men" to step forward and "Confront it."

Most Respectfully,
R

Evil? What the hell are you talking about?

You stated the movie was a propaganda piece. Please explain who is behind the propaganda and what their goal is.....?

Back
Top Bottom