• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the US Get Hit On or Around 911 this year 2013......

Will the US Get Hit On or Around 911 this year 2013

• Yes on 911

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yes Around 911

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Pawn Stars

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
911 is 5 days away and here the we are talking about Striking Syria to Help out some Rebels.....in the mean time beside the threats coming in over Syria. We are also getting threats over other issues. Plus we have the Anniversary of 911 here in our faces.

Will the US get hit on 911? Or around that date this year?

Will Team Obama be on alert this year wherein he failed to do so last year with Benghazi and the 23 Muslim Countries that Rose up, protested us, rioted, and destroyed our properties? All used thru social media.

Already we have an Alert up and running as of today. ;)

U.S. tightens embassy security in Lebanon and Turkey, warns Americans
Reuters – 29 mins ago

2013-09-06T193014Z_3_CBRE98519A200_RTROPTP_2_LEBANON-USA-EMBASSY.JPG

An activist holds up a placard, which reads: "You will be defeated. This is your destiny", during a sit-in near the U.S. embassy in Awkar, north of Beirut, against potential U.S. …more strikes on Syria September 6, 2013. U.S. officials ordered non-emergency personnel and their family members out of Lebanon on Friday "due to threats," the U.S. embassy in Beirut said in statement. The picture on the bottom right of the placard shows a scene from the 1983 suicide bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut

The United States tightened security at diplomatic missions in Lebanon and Turkey on Friday because of potential threats, ordering personnel out of Lebanon and offering to evacuate those in Adana in southeastern Turkey.

The State Department also warned U.S. citizens against traveling in Lebanon and southeastern Turkey and urged Americans in the rest of Turkey "to be alert to the potential for violence."

Officials did not offer specifics about the threats, which were revealed less than a week before the 12th anniversary of the September 11 attacks and amid an intensifying U.S. debate over President Barack Obama's plans to strike Syria.

"These are potential threats," said State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters after the warnings were issued.

"Obviously, the tension ... in the region, including in Syria, plays a role in this," Harf said. She said she was not aware of any specific threats to either post.

The official warnings did not mention Syria, where Washington says troops loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad carried out a poison gas attack that killed more than 1,400 people in rebel-held suburbs of Damascus on August 21.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday the United States had intercepted an order from an Iranian official instructing militants in Iraq to attack U.S. interests in Baghdad if the United States launches a military strike in Syria, a close ally of Iran.

The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad was a likely target, according to unidentified American officials quoted by the newspaper. The State Department and the CIA declined to comment on the report.

In Lebanon, officials ordered non-emergency personnel and their family members out of the country "due to threats," the U.S. Embassy in Beirut said in statement.

The State Department urged "U.S. citizens to avoid all travel to Lebanon because of current safety and security concerns."

In Turkey, U.S. officials offered voluntary evacuation to reduce its diplomatic presence at the consulate in Adana, Turkey, "because of threats against U.S. government facilities and personnel." Adana is near the border with Syria.

"The Consulate General in Adana has been authorized to draw down its non-emergency staff and family members," the State Department said in a statement.

It also recommended "that U.S. citizens defer non-essential travel to southeastern Turkey.".....snip~

U.S. tightens embassy security in Lebanon and Turkey, warns Americans

Last edited:
Isn't 9-11 now some sort of Islamic holiday?

Isn't 9-11 now some sort of Islamic holiday?

Well we should be getting a video here within a Couple of Days from Al Zawahiri and AQ. Last year they released 3 days before 911 calling on all to avenge al Libi. Which then we saw what took place. We got hit in Benghazi and they used social media to Riot and protest all our Embassies in 23 Muslim Countries.

Well we should be getting a video here within a Couple of Days from Al Zawahiri and AQ. Last year they released 3 days before 911 calling on all to avenge al Libi. Which then we saw what took place. We got hit in Benghazi and they used social media to Riot and protest all our Embassies in 23 Muslim Countries.

Heck, if we get after Syria in the next few days, history will definitely repeat itself. Somewhere.

Heck, if we get after Syria in the next few days, history will definitely repeat itself. Somewhere.

It already is WCH. Plus now the travel Alert is for Iraq too. ;)

U.S. intercepts Iranian order for attack on U.S. interests in Iraq: report

The United States has intercepted an order from an Iranian official instructing militants in Iraq to attack U.S. interests in Baghdad in the event the Obama administration launches a military strike in Syria, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

The American embassy in Baghdad was a likely target, according to unnamed U.S. officials quoted by the newspaper. The Journal said the officials did not describe the range of potential targets indicated by the intelligence.

In addition, the State Department issued a warning on Thursday telling U.S. citizens to avoid all but "essential" travel to Iraq.

The Journal reported that the message informed Shi'ite groups to be prepared to respond with force after any U.S. military strike on Syria.

The department said that numerous insurgent groups, including al Qaeda's Iraq affiliate, remain active and "terrorist activity and sectarian violence persist in many areas of the country at levels unseen since 2008."

It added: "The ability of the embassy to respond to situations in which U.S. citizens face difficulty, including arrests, is extremely limited."

Hard to say for sure. I would be a little surprised if they did, as there seems to be enough instability in the ME to possibly divert their attention for now.

No.

0bama's little monarchy is crumbling. He knows what sliver of real credibility would be gone if such an attack happened.

In fact, I wouldn't have any doubt in my mind if we had another Benghazi or two, just because he's devoted 100% of our resources to avoiding a 9/11 attack. He's stupid that way.

They're gonna git us!!11!!

usa will hit assad around 911:mrgreen:

Short answer: No, I don't think the territorial US will suffer some sort of jihadic attack on 9-11 or around this period. Depending on what the US does with Syria there could be some forms of protesting and maybe another "benghazi" attack on an embassy (likely targets: Turkey, Iraq, Yemen, Oman, Saudi arabia) if the USA backs the "wrong horse" in the fight. So if it goes in on Assads' side (fat chance), it may get benghazied. If it goes on the side of al-qaeda (the rebels) it may not... since islamists love that kind of thing. And if it does what I suggest all of NATO should do: band together, form a military strike, go in and neutralize both the assad regime and the islamic rebels, there may be some blowback.

But no, I don't think that as a general rule, 9-11 is like "christmas" for islamic people and islamic extremists will try and celebrate it with a random jihadic act of some kind.

911 is 5 days away and here the we are talking about Striking Syria to Help out some Rebels.....in the mean time beside the threats coming in over Syria. We are also getting threats over other issues. Plus we have the Anniversary of 911 here in our faces.

Will Team Obama be on alert this year wherein he failed to do so last year with Benghazi and the 23 Muslim Countries that Rose up, protested us, rioted, and destroyed our properties? All used thru social media.

I voted I don't know.
I'm hoping not but from what I read this am about Irans threats
I sure wont bet against us being hit.

I just hope the idiots in charge pay attention unlike last year & Bengazi!!

Short answer: No, I don't think the territorial US will suffer some sort of jihadic attack on 9-11 or around this period. Depending on what the US does with Syria there could be some forms of protesting and maybe another "benghazi" attack on an embassy (likely targets: Turkey, Iraq, Yemen, Oman, Saudi arabia) if the USA backs the "wrong horse" in the fight. So if it goes in on Assads' side (fat chance), it may get benghazied. If it goes on the side of al-qaeda (the rebels) it may not... since islamists love that kind of thing. And if it does what I suggest all of NATO should do: band together, form a military strike, go in and neutralize both the assad regime and the islamic rebels, there may be some blowback.

But no, I don't think that as a general rule, 9-11 is like "christmas" for islamic people and islamic extremists will try and celebrate it with a random jihadic act of some kind.

Probably why the President will not address the nation until Tuesday evening...

Probably why the President will not address the nation until Tuesday evening...

He was just in a meeting in Sankt Petersburg for G20. What was discussed there, and the agreements that were reached, can't be violated so early. The idea of a military intervention has fallen flat at the UN, the G20 and in the opinion polls in the US.
At least when Bush started 2 wars he lied convincingly enough to get the popular support on his side.

So his address, if he wants to give a sensible remark, will be to emulate those opinions.

He was just in a meeting in Sankt Petersburg for G20. What was discussed there, and the agreements that were reached, can't be violated so early. The idea of a military intervention has fallen flat at the UN, the G20 and in the opinion polls in the US.
At least when Bush started 2 wars he lied convincingly enough to get the popular support on his side.

So his address, if he wants to give a sensible remark, will be to emulate those opinions.

And as an added plus, we won't be hearing "It's all Bush's fault! :mrgreen:

Good afternoon, Rainman05. :2wave:

U.S won't get hit this year since they are supporting the original 9/11 attack team in Syria.

There's too much diversion in Muslim world. And Obama is not understanding at all what is going there since he kept the intelligence busy on the stupid case of Syria.

Many of US embassy were closed.
Many "terrorists" escaped from prisons from different countries (with the same scenario). No one knows what could come from it.
Libya is out of control.
Egypt is getting out of control.
Russia is going pretty well with their diversions, specially with Obama in front who doesn't really know how to read and respond to a Putin's message. I don't even know if he get when Putin makes a bluff.
UK seems to has left the chaos behind in Iraq and does not will to deal with it. Clearly they are leaving US alone to deal with every kind of mess in Muslim world.
Obama knows more about Syria in 10 days than he does for Benghazi in 1 year.
USA lost Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Pakistan.

If there is a threat for US, clearly to me, it is out of Syria and has nothing to do with Syria.
Syria is a threat only inside it's own borders.

Twelve years to the day. It couldn't be significant, and Syria is just another unfortunate waste of time and resources. Hasn't the US just about worn out the 'war on terror' BS by now? Even the dumb pricks who bought into the supposed novelty last decade, aren't buying it anymore. Even the gutter press seem almost embarrassed to report it, these days. I think it's just about done, now. If Congress seems to be dragging its heels, its only weariness, not confusion. Obama will pass the buck, he may or may not have his day in Damascus, and with a little luck, we'll have no more of this crap. Leastways, not flying under the same banner. Then we can all go back to hearts and minds, popular uprisings and filthy slush fund mercenaries.

Hooray.

P.S. I do not believe such things but I found this too interesting. :p
Start it from 03:40 if you wanna watch it. The beginning is just photos.

I certainly think they'll try. They don't have any reason not to.

Whether they'll succeed or not, however; is really anyone's guess.

At the very least, we can probably expect some riots near our embassies in the Middle East, and quite a few larger than average IEDs targeting American and NATO forces in Afghanistan.

Anything bigger than that cannot really be speculated upon with any reliable degree of accuracy.

I certainly think they'll try. They don't have any reason not to.

Whether they'll succeed or not, however; is really anyone's guess.

At the very least, we can probably expect some riots near our embassies in the Middle East, and quite a few larger than average IEDs targeting American and NATO forces in Afghanistan.

Anything bigger than that cannot really be speculated upon with any reliable degree of accuracy.

Heya Gathomas.....well another way we will know is if they continue to close down more Embassies and issue more travel alerts, as to if there is more intense chatter out there.

13 people out of all here at Debate? :roll: Cmons nows people.....so far only one vote thinking we will get hit around 911.

Back
Top Bottom