• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the supreme court decision help or hurt the gop in the midterm?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Way more than half of americans didn't want R v W overturned but the gop led supreme court went ahead and did it anyway. Will it help or hurt them in the midterm and all elections going forward?

Very little impact.

Those in the trenches on both sides are already locked into a party. Those that are not fervent about the issue have other priorities.

One thing that might have an impact is the violence directed against Justice Kavanaugh and pro-life groups. To the extent that it matters it will hurt the Democrats.

It will hurt them at both the state and federal level. But the real question is will it cause them to lose legislative majorities. I'm not hopeful on that score.

This would help the Dems if only they had half a wit to make something of it. They are not leaders. Maybe, though, they have two political understanding neurons in their head to rub together and generate an effective message to attract the public and their vote, and step in front of the march and pretend to lead. If they do, they'll probably forget the baton as they do a gun when they vainly attempt to go up against the Rep/cons total war strategy.

What it will do in my view is drive out voters that may not have been inclined to vote in the midterms. Two very powerful voting blocks when they are energized........ suburban women and young adults. These two groups have not been polling well for Dems this last year but I think this will help them see that there are huge issues at stake. I hope it helps in the Senate races.

Very little impact.

Those in the trenches on both sides are already locked into a party. Those that are not fervent about the issue have other priorities.

One thing that might have an impact is the violence directed against Justice Kavanaugh and pro-life groups. To the extent that it matters it will hurt the Democrats.
We'll see how the women of america feel about your statement come november. Have either been physically attacked? You think this is a big decider while folks like you dismiss the impact of 1/6 as a nothingburger where people were killed?

This would help the Dems if only they had half a wit to make something of it. They are not leaders. Maybe, though, they have two political understanding neurons in their head to rub together and generate an effective message to attract the public and their vote, and step in front of the march and pretend to lead. If they do, they'll probably forget the baton as they do a gun when they vainly attempt to go up against the Rep/cons total war strategy.
Both Biden and Pelosi said yesterday that this is the most important issue in November. Now they just have to really make it be....but it's the Dems we are talking about!

I think this coupled with the gun decision and the threat of other rights being taken away is a huge motivator for urban. suburban and young adult voters. The Dems just have to get their act together. Inflation is transitory fundamental rights are forever.

The question is how much will it hurt the neo-Luddites. I can see no way to forecast that. It's up to women.

It all depends if this drives Democrats to vote in the midterm. That remains to be seen.

It all depends if this drives Democrats to vote in the midterm. That remains to be seen.
If it doesn't then they deserve what they will get....an authoritarian government determined to control choice when it isn't in line with what they have decided is right for everyone..

Will the supreme court decision help or hurt the gop in the midterm?​

Neither.

The American People have bigger fish to fry...and those fish are both Democrats and Republicans..

Neither.

The American People have bigger fish to fry...and those fish are both Democrats and Republicans..
No pro-choice woman has a bugger fish to fry than this one. Especially in red States.

No pro-choice woman has a bugger fish to fry than this one. Especially in red States.
Eeeeeew, lol.
Seriously though, I read arguments from both sides. We just have to wait and see.

Hurt.
The majority of Americans do not agree with the SC decision.

Neither.

Just how many alternate realities do you live in? Is it one solid number or is it a flexible amount?

Neither.

Just how many alternate realities do you live in? Is it one solid number or is it a flexible amount?
I don't think Mycroft is entirely wrong. Neither side is willing to meet in the middle on ANYTHING, so nothing meaningful gets done. The two party system leaves out millions of Americans who identify as independent, libertarian, reform party, etc...

I don't disagree, but the "poorly educated" are much easier to lead than smart people.

Our current climate is as much a result of the malleability of a certain group of followers as it is of leadership.

Way more than half of americans didn't want R v W overturned but the gop led supreme court went ahead and did it anyway. Will it help or hurt them in the midterm and all elections going forward?
It's gonna be a disaster for them.

Did you personally ask all Americans? Or are you going by one of those idiotic weighted opinion polls?

Back
Top Bottom