• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the Roe decision improve or hurt public opinion of SCOTUS?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have looked at several polls and what I find is that many Americans, different polls show between 40 and 45%, not longer believe in the SCOTUS and as this article shows, most believe the court now bases their decisions on political and not constitutional reasons. I am one that sees the court as now just another arm of the GO with five of the court solidly GOP, one in between and the final three Dems. I believe that the Roe decision will put the nail in the coffin as far as many Americans are concerned. I am looking forward to the polling that comes out after the final decision on Roe is made in June or July. I suspect that the 40-45 range of those who no longer believe in the court will go over the 50% mark at that time.

I have looked at several polls and what I find is that many Americans, different polls show between 40 and 45%, not longer believe in the SCOTUS and as this article shows, most believe the court now bases their decisions on political and not constitutional reasons. I am one that sees the court as now just another arm of the GO with five of the court solidly GOP, one in between and the final three Dems. I believe that the Roe decision will put the nail in the coffin as far as many Americans are concerned. I am looking forward to the polling that comes out after the final decision on Roe is made in June or July. I suspect that the 40-45 range of those who no longer believe in the court will go over the 50% mark at that time.
It will hurt the court. Every one of the justices in favor of this that supported stare decisis in their confirmation hearings should be impeached for lying under oath.

It will undoubtedly hurt the court. It basically showcases the rewards of politicizing the Senate confirmation process in this hyper-partisan environment.

In two words, we now have redefined what the impact of the Senatorial duty described in Article II, Section 2 Clause 2 means henceforth.
The new civics lessons is contained in this sentence. "Mitch won"

Last edited:
Interesting times we are living in.

If you’re someone who wanted to see Roe overturned for whatever reason, and this turns out to be true, then your opinion of the court will probably be strengthened. If you’re someone who wanted to see Roe stand for whatever reason, and this turns out to be true, your opinion of the court will probably go down a significant amount.

Personally I will wait till the actual ruling is released instead of getting worked up on speculation.

SCOTUS already is a hack court and a joke. Citizen United and allowing the rich to buy government already showed the court is a joke. And every pro corporate ruling they have had shown that. This just seals the deal that this court is complete hacks. Next, they will allow Republicans to suppress the vote.

This court is pretty much indistinguishable from the GOP.

So it's not at all concerned about the constitution, but rather their weird ****ing religious beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom