• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the presidential election lead to civil unrest?

Will the presidential election lead to civil unrest?

• Congress will not get involved or become dysfunctional

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You didn't link to the statistics for law enforcement encounters by race, or to a peer-reviewed study with a transparent methodology for evaluating proportionality on that basis. I think you started with a conclusion and then looked for some numbers that you could piece together in your head to justify that conclusion.

If you want to contend that the entire body of research on this subject is wrong, I want to see a peer-reviewed study. I'm not going to take your word for it that you are simply smarter than all of academia.
I just showed you the numbers. Your claim is not supported by the data. I'm sorry.

I'm kind of thinking this country is ****ed regardless of who wins at this point.

I just showed you the numbers. Your claim is not supported by the data. I'm sorry.

You really didn't. You linked to a site that said "Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity" and then tried to twist it around to pretend that it said something else. Black men are more than twice as likely to be killed by police compared with white men. The link you posted supports that figure. My claim is supported by the data that you posted.

You really didn't.
I quite demonstrably did.

You linked to a site that said "Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity" and then tried to twist it around to pretend that it said something else. Black men are more than twice as likely to be killed by police compared with white men. The link you posted supports that figure. My claim is supported by the data that you posted.
I've already refuted this. I just showed you the data showing whites are killed more than blacks by police, DESPITE blacks committing over 50% of the crime and having more encounters with police than do whites.

Back
Top Bottom