• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will The New Batman vs Superman Movie Suck?

Will Batman vs Superman suck?

• Almost certainly a bomb

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Sort of crappy but passable

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Generally okay but flawed

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It's going to be great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love me some NWC, but I think Armitage would be a better Bats

Well, I was personally hoping for something a lot like the graphic novel Dark Knight Returns. Wasn't that the name of it? Where Batman fights superman wearing some sort of exoskeleton?

The article specifically states it won't be that. Dashed hopes. Of course counting on DC or WB for anything but stepping on their dicks is a fool's game.

Sooo... I've been reading up a bit on this movie lately, and I've got to say, my hopes for it have pretty much fallen straight through the floor like a JDAM passing through a rickety old apartment building.

6 Things You Can Likely Expect From Zack Snyder’s ‘Superman & Batman’ Movie

What Kind Of Batman Will Superman Face? 5 Choices For 'Superman & Batman'

It looks like we're going to get no input from either Nolan or Bale, and no connection to the previous Dark Knight Trilogy whatsoever.

I mean... Damn. What could they possibly be thinking? They're basically telling at least 50% (and more likely, something closer to 90% - 100%) of their movie's potential fan base to go **** themselves right from the get go.

No one wants a Batman reboot, especially not a mere 2-3 years after the end of Nolan's trilogy. At this point, anyone with acting chops short of James Dean channeling early era Marlon Brando will be essentially impossible for audiences to take seriously in the role.

Don't get me wrong. The concept has promise. If Man of Steel had turned out to be as great a movie as its trailer had seemed to imply, I might've even been willing to bet that this future film would turn out to be pretty good.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that Man of Steel wasn't "great." It was just sort of "okay." The film's concept and casting were good, but its tone, script, and execution were all middling at best, and stillborn at worst.

I might be wrong (and I pray to God that I am), but given this fact, I get the definite impression that any Snyder directed Batman vs Superman film is likely going to turn out to be a disaster as well. More to the point, it is probably going to suck.

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

Well, I now may be willing to join in on the doubters side.

Oscar-winning director Ben Affleck is set to star as Batman in Warner Bros. Man of Steel sequel, the studio announced Thursday.

Ben Affleck is the new Batman | Inside Movies | EW.com

This feels like Batman and Robin all over again, somehow.

and no mary jane! How in the hell can there be no mary jane! That's the whole point of spiderman is the conflict of being the hero and his love life!!!

Sony did the same thing to Spiderman that the legion of asshats did to Superman and Batman. McGuire was a terrible Spiderman and what'shername was sooo wrong for Mary Jane. Now they're trying to recover using this current reboot craze.

Almost everything out of Hollywood anymore is crap. Batman vs. Superman will be more of the same crap. Foreign movies are much better than the crap they are putting out in Hollywood.

I never got the love for Bale as batman, and always saw the success of those films being more dependent on great production and an amazing supporting cast. Shame they didn't go with Karl Urban, though. I think like keaton he's a perfect choice to play batman, who's wearing the mask of Bruce wayne

Ben Affleck is competing with Ryan Reynolds for the title "#1 Killer of Superheros in Hollywood".

Affleck will get the Norman Osborn lifetime achievement award on this, now. Killing Daredevil AND Batman is way better than offing the Green Lantern and Deadpool.

Ben Affleck is competing with Ryan Reynolds for the title "#1 Killer of Superheros in Hollywood".

Affleck will get the Norman Osborn lifetime achievement award on this, now. Killing Daredevil AND Batman is way better than offing the Green Lantern and Deadpool.

I agree, but you know, I just don't get it, I like Reynolds as an action character. AND I think he's perfect for playing the goofy DC characters. I realise I am near alone in that regard. :mrgreen:

I agree, but you know, I just don't get it, I like Reynolds as an action character. AND I think he's perfect for playing the goofy DC characters. I realise I am near alone in that regard. :mrgreen:

He'd be a great Deadpool, actually, as long as they don't ****ing destroy the character in the movie that he's in (see: Wolverine). If I was a big time actor, and I was handed a script that did that to deadpool, I'd have walked.

I don't follow comics all that much, and in general DC is so old fashioned it's always meh. But taking the mundane batman hero, vs the oops too powerful to ever be a surprise superman? So give batman technology to essentially make him have superpowers? yawn.

Avengers works largely because we like the characters. They built them up, and we liked seeing them interact with one another. Especially Robert Downey as the anchor. And we haven't seen it yet on the big screen, it was fresh. And let's be honest, Tony Stark is as entertaining, or more entertaining, then when he suits up. Bruce and Batman both are bores, and superman is a prude, it would have to really be amazing to create something exciting out of that. And of course Batman and superman have been done ad nauseum, and recently, I don't get it either.

Of course I want it to be a wild success and incredible movie, I just think the odds are really long.

I too enjoyed man of steel, thought it was a good action flick. I loved the look/feel of supermans homeworld, technology, etc. It felt more like a decent sci-fi flick where one of the characters happened to be called superman (which I found oddly appealing).

meh, you can't really blamer him for deadpool. Clearly any group of writers that removes his ability to speak know **** all about the character

meh, you can't really blamer him for deadpool. Clearly any group of writers that removes his ability to speak know **** all about the character

Which is why I blame him for not walking after reading teh script. He's supposed to be a huge Deadpool fan, and any fan of Deadpool knows there's no excuse for removing the mouth of the merc with a mouth! I mean, c'mon man!

Which is why I blame him for not walking after reading teh script. He's supposed to be a huge Deadpool fan, and any fan of Deadpool knows there's no excuse for removing the mouth of the merc with a mouth! I mean, c'mon man!

I wasn't aware that he was claiming to be a fan.

Hmm. I thought Christian Bale made a good bat man. I don't really remember George Clooney's bat man.

never read the comics so help me understand how exactly Batman can beat Superman?

never read the comics so help me understand how exactly Batman can beat Superman?

Because Batman is a master strategist and will learn about and understand his enemy in ways the individual could never hope. One method he planned out in the past was a kryponite bullet

Sooo... I've been reading up a bit on this movie lately, and I've got to say, my hopes for it have pretty much fallen straight through the floor like a JDAM passing through a rickety old apartment building.

6 Things You Can Likely Expect From Zack Snyder’s ‘Superman & Batman’ Movie

What Kind Of Batman Will Superman Face? 5 Choices For 'Superman & Batman'

It looks like we're going to get no input from either Nolan or Bale, and no connection to the previous Dark Knight Trilogy whatsoever.

I mean... Damn. What could they possibly be thinking? They're basically telling at least 50% (and more likely, something closer to 90% - 100%) of their movie's potential fan base to go **** themselves right from the get go.

No one wants a Batman reboot, especially not a mere 2-3 years after the end of Nolan's trilogy. At this point, anyone with acting chops short of James Dean channeling early era Marlon Brando will be essentially impossible for audiences to take seriously in the role.

Don't get me wrong. The concept has promise. If Man of Steel had turned out to be as great a movie as its trailer had seemed to imply, I might've even been willing to bet that this future film would turn out to be pretty good.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that Man of Steel wasn't "great." It was just sort of "okay." The film's concept and casting were good, but its tone, script, and execution were all middling at best, and stillborn at worst.

I might be wrong (and I pray to God that I am), but given this fact, I get the definite impression that any Snyder directed Batman vs Superman film is likely going to turn out to be a disaster as well. More to the point, it is probably going to suck.

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

The movie's going to be a train wreck. Of course I've hated Zack Snyder for years, so I'm probably not the most unbiased person in the world. And then there's this:

Obama Asked To Stop Affleck As Batman | News | Dark Horizons

Because Batman is a master strategist and will learn about and understand his enemy in ways the individual could never hope. One method he planned out in the past was a kryponite bullet

Which is stupid.

"faster than a speeding bullet."

Every instance they've tried to have batman take superman it's horribly contrived.

He'd be a great Deadpool, actually, as long as they don't ****ing destroy the character in the movie that he's in (see: Wolverine). If I was a big time actor, and I was handed a script that did that to deadpool, I'd have walked.

Reynolds was such a WONDERFUL casting of Deadpool. A perfect fit in both style, personality, comedic delivery, and being a fan......and then they ****ing remove his ability to speak and turn him into mother****ing Baraka from Mortal Kombat. Just horrible.

I wish the actual Deadpool movie would've gotten made.

And yeah...Affleck. Wow. Just wow.

Back
Top Bottom