• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will the Feds Charge Zimmerman?

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
DOJ urged to press civil rights charges against Zimmerman

CNN had 3 of its top 10 stories about "future legal issues" for Zimmerman a few hours ago.
The hate baiting racist in this country can't let it go that a young man of their race attacked
another and got shot and killed for it.

This is double jeopardy to me. They did it to the police officers that beat Rodney King and
I think they will do it too Zimmerman too - I pray not but expect them too. I would really
like to see congress act on this crap and get it stopped (applying federal charges to someone
exhonorated in state court).

This doesn't need to be strung out anymore, I don't care what the NAACP and like-minded racists want to do with the case. Let it be over. Justice was done and this base of hate filled race-baiters shouldn't be pandered to anymore.

I think Zimmerman will charge the Feds.

He should sue the media outlets that slandered him and edited stuff to defame him. If anything the civil rights violations (if any) were done against Zimmerman with the media and others trying to paint him as a white guy (when he is half white half Hispanic) and basing their hatred on that. They misrepresented his racial makeup as a form of slander and inciting feelings of hatred.

This doesn't need to be strung out anymore, I don't care what the NAACP and like-minded racists want to do with the case. Let it be over. Justice was done and this base of hate filled race-baiters shouldn't be pandered to anymore.

The FBI investigated this last year and found nothing...

I agree this should be over with, but I believe our asshole POTUS has signalled he's going to insert himself into the process once again. "A jury has spoken" as opposed to saying THE jury has spoken (which is the actual expression) might just be his way of saying he wants the feds in on this.

Disgusting.

I agree this should be over with, but I believe our asshole POTUS has signalled he's going to insert himself into the process once again. "A jury has spoken" as opposed to saying THE jury has spoken (which is the actual expression) might just be his way of saying he wants the feds in on this.

Disgusting.

Yeah, Obama really is an asshole. There's no need for a POTUS to stick his filthy, ugly nose into legal proceedings, but his stupid ass just couldn't help himself. Trayvon could have been his very own thug son afterall.

I think obummer owes Zim a beer and BBQ in the back yard.

For a civil rights violation, Zman must be acting under "Color of Law" meaning he had to be an official of some sort such as a police officer, judge, whatever. Zman had no such status whatsoever. I don't think there is a chance there.

So that leaves hate crime, but Zman didn't use any racially charged words at all. And his past history contains no examples of racism, he even had a black relative. All of Zman's yelling was for help and protection from Travon's attacks.

The Obama/Holder commandos are pretty creative, but I don't think they have any avenue to go down at all to cause more trouble for Zimmerman.

This "experienced federal prosecutors are looking into it" jargon is nothing more than fodder to placate the race merchants and the people who've been duped to follow along. There is no way in hell a "hate crime" charge would make it past a grand jury. If there had been some evidence of a hate crime, the FL State's Attorney would have tacked it onto Zimmerman's indictment since FL has hate crime statutes as well. In fact, the prosecution avoided the racial angle for the most part because there is nothing there.

Obama really is sickening in this case. I can't think of another instance where a POTUS has stuck his nose in a legal court proceeding. I don't recall Bill Clinton commenting publicly on the OJ trial.

What a truly classless, stupid ass, race baiting president we have. I can't wait for January 2017. No matter who takes office, they will be better than this douchebag without a doubt, without even trying.

So when the court decision says a guy was justified via self defense in killing another, the federal government can come along and say 'ok, but not if it is a BLACK guy you are defending yourself against.' Utterly stupid, and nothing more than an attempt to push race relations even further into the gutter.

And it is all due to the race baiters like Al Sharpton and the black panthers. So transparent, yet half our nation is too stupid to see it.

Is this still ANOTHER Deju Vu thread or am I just that much ahead of the curve? :lol:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/zimme...ds-civil-rights-charge-against-zimmerman.html

For some bizarre reason, it has been held that a federal criminal civil rights charge is not double jeopardy after being found not guilty for the same events at a state level murder trial. This has been rarely used - most notably for cases involving the KKK in which local juries refused to convict when there was definite guilt.

It would be foolish for the DOJ to bring a civil rights criminal case. More exactly, it would be bad politics and this all has always been about politics.

Sorry it was a dupe I glanced over the first page of topics and didn't see.

It seems to me the crux of the issue is that Zimmerman is not under the color of authority. If Zimmerman can be charged for violating civil liberties so can any man / woman in the nation.

Is this still ANOTHER Deju Vu thread or am I just that much ahead of the curve? :lol:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/zimme...ds-civil-rights-charge-against-zimmerman.html

For some bizarre reason, it has been held that a federal criminal civil rights charge is not double jeopardy after being found not guilty for the same events at a state level murder trial. This has been rarely used - most notably for cases involving the KKK in which local juries refused to convict when there was definite guilt.

It would be foolish for the DOJ to bring a civil rights criminal case. More exactly, it would be bad politics and this all has always been about politics.

This "experienced federal prosecutors are looking into it" jargon is nothing more than fodder to placate the race merchants and the people who've been duped to follow along. There is no way in hell a "hate crime" charge would make it past a grand jury. If there had been some evidence of a hate crime, the FL State's Attorney would have tacked it onto Zimmerman's indictment since FL has hate crime statutes as well. In fact, the prosecution avoided the racial angle for the most part because there is nothing there.

I sincerely hope you guys are right.

Let it be over.

I sincerely hope you guys are right.

Let it be over.

My hope is that they don't do just to do it know full well they'll lose. Its possible, depends on the grand jury I guess.

He ****ing killed somebody. It would be disgusting for him to try to profit off of the tragedy next.

The media hype wasn't all about feeling sorry for Martin. It also involved the Zimmerman family playing the victim card and acting like George wasn't going to get a fair trial. He raised nearlt half a million dollars. That family has shown no empathy for the life George took. They think they are the victims.

He should sue the media outlets that slandered him and edited stuff to defame him. If anything the civil rights violations (if any) were done against Zimmerman with the media and others trying to paint him as a white guy (when he is half white half Hispanic) and basing their hatred on that. They misrepresented his racial makeup as a form of slander and inciting feelings of hatred.

I award this the 'most twisted' award for things said about the outcome of the trial. But I'm betting the award will be withdrawn as someone will out do you.

He ****ing killed somebody. It would be disgusting for him to try to profit off of the tragedy next.

The media hype wasn't all about feeling sorry for Martin. It also involved the Zimmerman family playing the victim card and acting like George wasn't going to get a fair trial. He raised nearlt half a million dollars. That family has shown no empathy for the life George took. They think they are the victims.

They are the victims of a media witch hunt.

I wonder, is there any record of how much money the Martin's and their lawyers have collected off the grave of a dead 17 year old boy?

Will the Feds Charge Zimmerman?

Obumster, and his alter ego The RACIST Erik "THE CONSUMMATE IDIOT" Holder would certainly like to. These two are Black Racists.

However, Obumster doesn't want to appear stupid (although Holder holds a record in that category) .... so I doubt if the Feds will charge Z.

The racist NAACP, or TM's family might.

As I understand it, there is a "high barrier" to this sort of thing that requires very special conditions to justify it.... and I don't see that happening. Not legitimately, unless political pressure forces it.

Back
Top Bottom