• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the Dutch Be Next?

After the Brexit vote there has been much talk of other EU national secession referenda to follow. Will Netherlands be next?

Netherlands Would Profit from Leaving the EU
Geert Wilders & Susanne Koelbl, Spiegel

SPIEGEL: Mr. Wilders, Brexit proponents were toasting their victory until recently. Now they have a massive hangover. But on Tuesday, you were still trying to compel the Dutch parliament to vote on the possibility of leaving the European Union. Of course, you suffered a resounding defeat. Are you actually aware of what you're trying to accomplish here?

Wilders: Of course, very well even. The instability we're seeing in England at the moment is only temporary. In the long run, the British will profit, just like we'd profit from leaving the EU.
SPIEGEL: The Netherlands is the world's second-largest exporter of agricultural products. The EU is your country's most important market. What would be the benefit of leaving the bloc?
Wilders: We'd finally get our national sovereignty back, as well as our autonomy in matters of monetary and immigration policy -- just like Switzerland. That's my favorite example: a country in the heart of Europe, that even has individual trade agreements with China and Japan. The British too -- Germany's third-largest trading partner -- will reach an agreement with the EU. . . .

BECAUSE UK stock won over both france and germany 7 straight days and 3 days overwhelmingly.... this comes from CNN MONEY live world stock markets.. because of this the other euro nations will see the handwriting on the wall of how the wise investors are saying UK made the best decision ad they will COPY

So are people also terrified every time some Irish kid from Massachusetts or Iowa or Illinois rapes somebody?

Being terrified of an entire religion based on the actions of a few is sheer stupidity.

Those actions are based on what the religion says is permissible or obligated to do. Why can't you understand that? And if there truly "a few" we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Those actions are based on what the religion says is permissible or obligated to do. Why can't you understand that? And if there truly "a few" we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But they are a few. There's over a billion Muslims worldwide. If they were really intent on world domination it'd be a lot more blatant then an occasional terrorist attack and civil wars.

People like to complain when I bring up the Thirty Years War, but I think you can draw a direct parallel between what Christianity was going through then and what Islam is going through now.

But they are a few. There's over a billion Muslims worldwide. If they were really intent on world domination it'd be a lot more blatant then an occasional terrorist attack and civil wars.

People like to complain when I bring up the Thirty Years War, but I think you can draw a direct parallel between what Christianity was going through then and what Islam is going through now.

The attacks are not occasional unless you think Americans and Europeans die any differently than anyone else. The attacks are daily in many parts of the world, and you know it.

Again, Christianities history is irrelevant.

the difference in followers of islam and christianity is of LOGIC and that is why the ones that follows christianity can invent to control the world and islam followers cannot because of having low IQ's ........in a nation to be as free and to vote as high logics will then destroy the nation by the wise moving out fast

The attacks are not occasional unless you think Americans and Europeans die any differently than anyone else. The attacks are daily in many parts of the world, and you know it.

Again, Christianities history is irrelevant.

No, it really is. At least it's relevant if your actually interested in solving the problem instead of bitching about those nasty brown people to get votes.

the difference in followers of islam and christianity is of LOGIC and that is why the ones that follows christianity can invent to control the world and islam followers cannot because of having low IQ's ........in a nation to be as free and to vote as high logics will then destroy the nation by the wise moving out fast

Uh.....no. Just....no.

So are people also terrified every time some Irish kid from Massachusetts or Iowa or Illinois rapes somebody?

Being terrified of an entire religion based on the actions of a few is sheer stupidity.
Yeah, but if that is the governing factor of one's every entry here, that's what we get. Especially when the sole reason for posting is the demonization of the evil cult religion.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days this one-tract-mindedness even surfaces in the food forum.

Shish kebab threatening Western culture and all that.

No, it really is. At least it's relevant if your actually interested in solving the problem instead of bitching about those nasty brown people to get votes.

The last terror attack was nasty white people. But of course color makes your decision for you. Racism does not apply here. Christian history does not apply here

Yeah, but if that is the governing factor of one's every entry here, that's what we get. Especially when the sole reason for posting is the demonization of the evil cult religion.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days this one-tract-mindedness even surfaces in the food forum.

A shame you do not process the grit to talk to me.

Also I need to explain my reasons to you, I don't think so. That they are my reasons suffices for me, and should for everyone else

Remove kebab!

(Polandball joke).

The last terror attack was nasty white people. But of course color makes your decision for you. Racism does not apply here. Christian history does not apply here

Yes, it does. History doesn't exist in a bubble where it only applies to one thing and nothing else.

Yes, it does. History doesn't exist in a bubble where it only applies to one thing and nothing else.

Again, more lip service and apologies. Look at the reality of the situation in the now.

Again, more lip service and apologies. Look at the reality of the situation in the now.

The situation in the now is similar to the situation back then.

There's no magic formula to make a problem go away, but understanding how others solved problems in the past only helps.

Uh.....no. Just....no.

what makes the wise flee a nation?? and what happens to the nation where they flee from?? what we see is a worldwide change coming from the wise fleeing nations that has low IQ voters voting.. we saw this with rhodesia changed to zimbabbee when lower IQ's started to vote..... this issue of nations fleeing the euro union works the same.. the more wise will flee first and start a stampede

what makes the wise flee a nation?? and what happens to the nation where they flee from?? what we see is a worldwide change coming from the wise fleeing nations that has low IQ voters voting.. we saw this with rhodesia changed to zimbabbee when lower IQ's started to vote..... this issue of nations fleeing the euro union works the same.. the more wise will flee first and start a stampede

Who decides who is wise? The world isn't governed by IQ tests.

While we're at it, it looks like somebody need point out to the less conversant with the term(s), the difference between apologies and apologetism.

Apologists (apologetics) defending whatever are not apologising. They're defending (rebutting).

Not that clearing up this obvious ignorance will help in clearing up the massive rest of it.

Last edited:
Who decides who is wise? The world isn't governed by IQ tests.

america's wise founders used a property test as their WISDOM TEST .. the ability to gain and hold a high priority item

the SAT math test is similar to a logic test for voters and a test can be made easily to find who the true wise are to let vote

america's wise founders used a property test as their WISDOM TEST .. the ability to gain and hold a high priority item

the SAT math test is similar to a logic test for voters and a test can be made easily to find who the true wise are to let vote

People can inherit property. You don't really have to be especially smart.

People can inherit property. You don't really have to be especially smart.

NO women could own property .. yes but could not vote because of seen as less wise like indians and blacks,,, they had to find the wise from the white males... they knew many were unwise but many were wise so they used the property test and people who inherit property loses it when being UNWISE... property then was a very high priority item to be able to live

NO women could own property .. yes but could not vote because of seen as less wise like indians and blacks,,, they had to find the wise from the white males... they knew many were unwise but many were wise so they used the property test

No, they thought girls would explode or some **** if they voted.

humans are made to copy success and throw away failure...the liberalism of western europe brought the death sentence to liberalism... the wise will be the first to start the stampede away from liberal areas and as they leave those nations will get more pain and then more will leave...... works like dominoes falling to bring a faster and faster stampede away from harm

the stock markets are showing that the euro is the loser and UK the winner and the wise will be the first to understand and leave and the stampede will follow

Vladimir Bukovsky, a prominent former dissident who now lives in the U.K., has long likened the European Union to the Soviet Union, a country he hated and fought -- a milder version of it, to be sure, but in its own way ideological and undemocratic. Few were willing to listen, but now, Marine Le Pen, leader of the French National Front, is saying the EU is beginning to disintegrate just like the Soviet Union. The analogy deserves some discussion.
There's something in the post-Brexit air that recalls the Soviet collapse. As President Vladimir Putin's press secretary, Dmitri Peskov, put it this week, "it would probably be unreasonable to draw direct parallels, but a certain, let's say, turbulent, murky and unpredictable time is upon us.". . . .

Strangely, this is what I was thinking. Geopolitically speaking, the EU is now weakened and divided by Brexit, which is a historical watershed comparable to the fall of the Soviet Union. But I don't expect a Soviet-style collapse as long as France and Germany as well as some other core EU states such as Belgium stick together. Brexit's economic impact in the UK economy is minimal as long as Britain keeps a free trade deal with the EU. As for the Netherlands, it stands to lose too many economic benefits by leaving the EU and EU immigration to the Netherlands is insignificant, which is just over 400,000.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom