• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Ted Cruz's Texas poll numbers recover after Trump loses?

Will Cruz's poll numbers recover if Trump loses in November?

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would say yes. I think the majority of American voters will follow the hype or propaganda of the media. If the powers that be that own and control our media decide Cruz is the next puppet the propaganda machine could easily make him popular. The sheep are easily led.

They will vote for him in the end. he is their kind of crazy.

Yep. Insane in the membrane, Ted Cruz is.

And if that were his only fault....... the guy is just creepy in the worst sort of way. The way his own daughter pushes him away when he tried to hug her on camera was really telling.

And if that were his only fault....... the guy is just creepy in the worst sort of way. The way his own daughter pushes him away when he tried to hug her on camera was really telling.

Yeah, I was going "WTF did he do to her?" She was like completely disgusted by him.

She really, really, really didn't want that hug.

Yeah, I was going "WTF did he do to her?" She was like completely disgusted by him.

It was disturbing..... in that case a picture was worth ten thousand words ..... none of them good.

I don't think he'll comeback in national terms; the nation saw enough of him in the primary to get turned-off for good.

The GOP may still want him though, but I'm not sure of that.

It was disturbing..... in that case a picture was worth ten thousand words ..... none of them good.

Jesus... Look I'll be the first to denounce Cruz as your classic Talibornagain douchebag ballsack replacement... But you are reading way too much into that incident.

Sometimes kids get like that, I mean campaigns take a lot out of families and she could have been absolutely exhausted, she's surrounded by a ton of loud people, a lot for someone of her age to take in, her dad put her in this position of running around the country (only to lose by the way) and she may not have been in the mood for a hug.

For the moment, it appears Cruz has taken a poll hit.

Cruz’s Popularity Takes A Hit In KTVT-CBS 11/Dixie Strategies Poll « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

For me anyway, the event that made me #NeverTrump was the moment T-Rump threatened to open a super PAC to defeat Senator Cruz.

Hm. I happily voted for Reagan and Bush 41. Cruz is NOT a conservative like they were - he's off in the weeds. And Trump isn't anything resembling a conservative. Heck, Hillary's closer to being a Reagan conservative than either of those two idiots!

Which is why I left the GOP when I saw where they were going just after Bill Clinton got elected the first time. To paraphrase Reagan, I didn't leave the GOP, but the GOP left me...and now - in the eyes of those who call themselves 'conservative' today - I'm a liberal. And doggone proud of it!

Hm. I happily voted for Reagan and Bush 41. Cruz is NOT a conservative like they were - he's off in the weeds. And Trump isn't anything resembling a conservative. Heck, Hillary's closer to being a Reagan conservative than either of those two idiots!

Which is why I left the GOP when I saw where they were going just after Bill Clinton got elected the first time. To paraphrase Reagan, I didn't leave the GOP, but the GOP left me...and now - in the eyes of those who call themselves 'conservative' today - I'm a liberal. And doggone proud of it!

It just doesn't make sense how someone could flip ideologies like that. Someone joining the Constitution Party because the GOP is less anti-abortion, or are bought and paid for by the Chamber of Commerce or the Libertarian Party because the GOP didn't try hard enough to dismantle Obamacare makes sense. It even makes sense to be a "gadfly Republican" like Dave Brat that defeated Eric Cantor. However, abandoning conservative ideology like that just doesn't make sense.

It just doesn't make sense how someone could flip ideologies like that. Someone joining the Constitution Party because the GOP is less anti-abortion, or are bought and paid for by the Chamber of Commerce or the Libertarian Party because the GOP didn't try hard enough to dismantle Obamacare makes sense. It even makes sense to be a "gadfly Republican" like Dave Brat that defeated Eric Cantor. However, abandoning conservative ideology like that just doesn't make sense.

I understand what you're saying, and I thank you for not replying in a snarky fashion. I look back to Reagan and Bush 41 with a bit of wistfulness, because Reagan did support the amnesty, did support the assault weapons ban, and - or at least it seems - appears to have realized that his massive tax cut wasn't the great thing it seemed, because he raised fees and taxes in other ways. Bush, for his part, refused to continue on to Baghdad (I remember when I was in the Navy at the time wondering why the heck not - but he was right) and raised taxes in response to the '92 recession...and so IMO is more responsible for the mid-90's economic boom than Clinton was.

But both Reagan and Bush 41 would be tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail if they tried to run as Republicans today. That's why I keep saying that the definition of conservatism today is very different from what it was in the days of Reagan and Bush 41. Here's what I think a real conservative is. Cruz does not meet that definition - and Trump sure as heck doesn't.

That was his daughter?

WOW

Cruz’s Popularity Takes A Hit In KTVT-CBS 11/Dixie Strategies Poll « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

For me anyway, the event that made me #NeverTrump was the moment T-Rump threatened to open a super PAC to defeat Senator Cruz.

Notice how his opinion not to endorse Trump hurt him most with liberals.. Trumps core supporters

5.jpg

I dont know the answer, but I suspect that Texans are starting to notice that this guy keeps reinventing himself.

That, and that he keeps losing.

He is always slimy too.

Texans dont like that.

Generally.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying, and I thank you for not replying in a snarky fashion. I look back to Reagan and Bush 41 with a bit of wistfulness, because Reagan did support the amnesty, did support the assault weapons ban, and - or at least it seems - appears to have realized that his massive tax cut wasn't the great thing it seemed, because he raised fees and taxes in other ways. Bush, for his part, refused to continue on to Baghdad (I remember when I was in the Navy at the time wondering why the heck not - but he was right) and raised taxes in response to the '92 recession...and so IMO is more responsible for the mid-90's economic boom than Clinton was.

But both Reagan and Bush 41 would be tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail if they tried to run as Republicans today. That's why I keep saying that the definition of conservatism today is very different from what it was in the days of Reagan and Bush 41. Here's what I think a real conservative is. Cruz does not meet that definition - and Trump sure as heck doesn't.

Now you are just being absurd. Reagan and many conservatives supported amnesty then but it xleary didn't work and made the problem much worse, thats why conservatives or Reagan if he was alive today would not support it.

Now you are just being absurd. Reagan and many conservatives supported amnesty then but it xleary didn't work and made the problem much worse, thats why conservatives or Reagan if he was alive today would not support it.

Reagan promised that after we cleared the board this time that we would police our borders, that we would not let the problem happen again. But little effort was put into that besides periodic bouts of security theater. That is the problem , that promises were not kept. Ryan did the same thing last year you might recall, he said that if R's were willing to clear the decks of all of the stuff that had accumulated under Boehner that with his leadership they would during 2016 take the fight to the D's, so they did deals where the R's took significantly less than the D's. It was all going to be worth it, the rank and file were promised. Ya, that never happened, though Ryan claims that it is not his fault, because he has the job of herding cats, so, you know.....

There is a very very long list of reasons why the nation no longer trust the DC elite, the failure of amnesty being just one bullet point.

That, sir, is your assumption concerning something that no one can know. I'll believe his actions before I'd believe your assumptions any day.

That's another thing that drove me from the GOP - the eagerness to believe assumptions when there's zero actual evidence to back them up.

Cruz isn't up for re-election until 2018. Plenty of time to fully recover. Americans have a very short memory and things that happen last week quickly become ancient history. We tend to fret only about what is in the news today, as soon as something else replaces it, we move on to whatever replaced it totally forgetting what was hot yesterday.

If Trump loses in November, he'll probably be a registered Democrat by the time 2018 rolls around. He has changed his party affiliation 7 times. This opportunist owes no allegiance or loyalty to the Republican Party.

For the record
Until 1987 Trump was a Democrat
From 1987-1999 he was a Republican
In 1999 Trump became an Independent
2000 to 2001 Trump was a member of the Reform Party
2001 to 2009 he was a Democrat again
2009 to 2011 he became a Republican
2011 to 2012 Trump was a registered Independent
2012 to present he became a Republican again.

That, sir, is your assumption concerning something that no one can know. I'll believe his actions before I'd believe your assumptions any day.

That's another thing that drove me from the GOP - the eagerness to believe assumptions when there's zero actual evidence to back them up.

You supoort doubling down on failed policies, no wonder you wanted to be a democrat

I voted Yes- Cruz's numbers will recover after Trump loses.

That is because the intellectual and psychological decomposition of the Republican electorate is now so advanced that a majority is sure to vote for the worst candidate in the field who has not already gotten totally, beyond redemption, demolished.

Nobody, not even 21st century Republican majority white trash, could be stupid enough to vote twice for anyone who loses as badly as Trump is going to lose this November 8. That will leave it on a platter to Cruz, clearly the 2nd worst candidate of the party, and nearly as bad as Trump.

I say yes his numbers will recover. Cruz curb stomped Trump in the primary in Texas.Obviously Texans recognize Cruz is way more conservative than Trump and has a record to back it up.Also when Former president Bush was trying to suck Mexico and the world Court's testicles by trying to help a murdering rapist weasel out of his sentence Cruz was the solicitor general who stood up to those globalist pieces of ****.

Well, I'm a #NeverTrumper and I became anti-Trump decades ago.

I think running for POTUS didn't do anything to enhance peoples' image of him (Cruz, I mean). I think a lot of people disliked him even before that. His brand of "maverickism" or whatever he passes it off as can become weary, and he has a pretty dislikeable personality IMO.

Back
Top Bottom